20 Daemonettes 246
Musician

5 Furies 60

5 Furies 60

6 Flamers 210

6 Flamers 210

Fiend 55

Fiend 55

Here's a list that I'm working on. Now, before any comments or criticisms (both very much appreciated), let me explain a few things about my choices.

Lord of Change chooses either Beasts or Shadow. Former because it turns him into a little combat independent unit that could, and the lore attribute synergizes well with what I plan on using him with (i.e. monster hunting, auxiliary unit smashing, and flank/rear hurting). Latter because it debuffs my enemies and provides the Daemonettes with Okkam's. Also, I'm a fan of the 'make a fly move during my magic phase' for some added trickery.

Herald of Tzeentch has the Lore of Light because of the low casting costs of the spells, as well as protecting my big ol' unit from shooting and whatnot. Contemplating on whether or not I want the BSB on the Herald of Khorne instead. Great Icon of Despair is just good all around.

Herald of Slaanesh. Admittedly, I want to try out the Siren Song as I've never had the chance to. Any tips on how to effectively use her?

Herald of Khorne. Locus provider and admittedly nothing else. Might give the BSB to him.

Big ol' block of Bloodletters to ruin someone's day. That is, if they make it through all the shooting that would inevitably come their way.

Daemonettes are support for the Bletters, and a bunker for the Siren Song Slaanesh Herald. Also, trying them out for the first time.

Furies. I simply love these guys. Versatile cannon-fodders that serve to harass and annoy.

Flamers. Gives me a decent shooting phase. Surprisingly resilient in combat, and not bad flankers. (S5, T4, and 2 wounds? Matt Ward what were you thinking?)

Fiends. Some more chaff to poke at my opponents flank and rear, as any Slaaneshi daemon should.

Strategy's pretty straightforward, I think. The Bloodletters make up my main staying power in the fight, and every other unit is there to babysit the crazy nutters.

Any comments and criticisms are of course welcome.

HalfBlood
03-06-2012, 16:49
Verys similar to my current 2,500 list.

Lets start with Lords:
-You will find that Fateweaver is far more effective then LoC. Just because LoC are very lac luster. They are probably one of the worst GDs because their combat skills are above average, but they become extremely costly once you try to make them a strong caster which is what they are suppose to be. This eventually makes them about the same cost as Fateweaver.
-The most loved GDs is probably KoS. You can give him SS and torment blade and hes a cheap combat monster. Slannesh magic is pretty effective as well.

Heros:
-HoT... Move the bsb with IoGD to the herald of khorne. The HoT can get shot up and he only has 2 wounds so he is extremely fragile. I have recently dropped disc on my HoT because it allows my HoT to hide behind my hordes, and it allows my to take a 4+ look out sir. MoS, and Spellbreaker are the generic builds.
-Hok is fine. needs BsB
-HoS. SS is great you will find that SS becomes even better when you run a slannesh list with 3/4 of them. They should always have torment blade becaue it confers +1 attack so add that in

Core:
-Horde of letters looks great make sure you have Icon of Endless War on them 3D6 first charge is yes please.
-Try bumping the daemonette unit up to 30, thats what i run in my list with the addition of 40 letters. You can always adjust/remove Flamers/Furies.
-Furies are great, i suggest removing 1 unit to provide so more models in the daemonette unit.

Rare:
-Flamers look great. Recently i have been running 1 flamer unit because they have been doing extremely poor on the table top. Like so bad I kill like two elves a turn with a unit of flamers.
-Fiends I have been running 2 of these in my list. Always great harassers.

Overall this list looks average. Daemons really use special characters as a cruth I use Masque and Fateweaver, because they provide the only ways to beat some of those top tier armies. Good Luck!

Ellen Page
03-06-2012, 17:39
Verys similar to my current 2,500 list.

Lets start with Lords:
-You will find that Fateweaver is far more effective then LoC. Just because LoC are very lac luster. They are probably one of the worst GDs because their combat skills are above average, but they become extremely costly once you try to make them a strong caster which is what they are suppose to be. This eventually makes them about the same cost as Fateweaver.
-The most loved GDs is probably KoS. You can give him SS and torment blade and hes a cheap combat monster. Slannesh magic is pretty effective as well.

Admittedly, the reason I chose the Lord of Change is out of sentiment. I love the model, what it's capable of, and what it represents: a big badass monster that could do magic. Now I hear you and agree, Kairos is a far more effective choice, however I dislike named characters. It's a personal failing of mine that unfortunately I do not see going away any time soon.

On the subject of other GDs, I agree that a Keeper of Secrets is probably the best choice, and I might end up going for one. Yeah, you know what, yeah.

Heros:
-HoT... Move the bsb with IoGD to the herald of khorne. The HoT can get shot up and he only has 2 wounds so he is extremely fragile. I have recently dropped disc on my HoT because it allows my HoT to hide behind my hordes, and it allows my to take a 4+ look out sir. MoS, and Spellbreaker are the generic builds.
-Hok is fine. needs BsB
-HoS. SS is great you will find that SS becomes even better when you run a slannesh list with 3/4 of them. They should always have torment blade becaue it confers +1 attack so add that in

Herald of Tzeentch. I'll drop the Disc, and slap the Winged Horror on him. What do you think of hiding him in a unit of Flamers?
Herald of Slaanesh. On the subject of the Torment Blade, does it really add an extra attack? I read that it's debatable in that regard. I mean, I'd love for it to confer that extra attack.

I have been contemplating on putting the BSB on the Herald of Khorne, as really it's this unit that needs it the most. With your encouragement, I'll see how well it works out.

Core:
-Horde of letters looks great make sure you have Icon of Endless War on them 3D6 first charge is yes please.
-Try bumping the daemonette unit up to 30, thats what i run in my list with the addition of 40 letters. You can always adjust/remove Flamers/Furies.
-Furies are great, i suggest removing 1 unit to provide so more models in the daemonette unit.

I do love my chaff, but I see the benefits of another large fighting force; makes my army less 'eggs in one basket'. I'll try it out. How would you form the Daemonettes? Horde, 6x5, or 6x6...?

Rare:
-Flamers look great. Recently i have been running 1 flamer unit because they have been doing extremely poor on the table top. Like so bad I kill like two elves a turn with a unit of flamers.
-Fiends I have been running 2 of these in my list. Always great harassers.

Overall this list looks average. Daemons really use special characters as a cruth I use Masque and Fateweaver, because they provide the only ways to beat some of those top tier armies. Good Luck!

Hmm, I do love flamers, but I'll try cutting one unit out. Oh, and Fiends are amazing. They get stuff done most definitely.

Thanks for the comments, by the way.

HalfBlood
05-06-2012, 19:36
"Herald of Tzeentch. I'll drop the Disc, and slap the Winged Horror on him. What do you think of hiding him in a unit of Flamers?
Herald of Slaanesh. On the subject of the Torment Blade, does it really add an extra attack? I read that it's debatable in that regard. I mean, I'd love for it to confer that extra attack."

I prefer to leave him without the flying annd just to hide him behind the letter horde. I rarely see him die, or get caught up in combat.
HoS Torment blade confers the +1 attack because it counts as an extra hand weapon.

"I do love my chaff, but I see the benefits of another large fighting force; makes my army less 'eggs in one basket'. I'll try it out. How would you form the Daemonettes? Horde, 6x5, or 6x6...?"

I run my daemonettes 6x5