PDA

View Full Version : Question about magic items?

monkey10120
02-06-2012, 16:34
1. Magic item wounds ignore armor saves but not ward?
2. Where is power level in the brb? I could not find it. I have a power level 5 spear for my krog-gar but I can't find what that means. I take it it has to do with magic resistance. But the magic item section does not mention much.

Melkanador
02-06-2012, 16:49
1. No, they do only the stuff that stands in their rules part.
2. You are looking for the casting value for a bound spell. Read the magic section again.

Mr_Rose
02-06-2012, 16:52
Kroq-Gar has a bound spell in his gauntlet (not his spear) and as such it is covered by the regular spell casting rules (starting p.28) with a couple of modifications as spelled out ( ;) ) on p.37; basically it's a normal spell that has a casting value and so on.

As for magic items and saves; magic does not bypass armour (or any other kind of save) by default; if an item denies a save of a particular type, it will say so explicitly. Otherwise, just use the strength modifier rules (p.43) as normal.

monkey10120
02-06-2012, 18:59
Ahh hah. Found it! Thanks

But if you don't have a wizard, does the item holder get power dice?

Melkanador
02-06-2012, 19:24
He doesn´t get powerdice but he may use the powerdice generated in the magicphase.

Just reread the magic part of the rulebook especially the bound spell parts. ;)

monkey10120
02-06-2012, 20:39
He doesn´t get powerdice but he may use the powerdice generated in the magicphase.

Just reread the magic part of the rulebook especially the bound spell parts. ;)

reread the magic section! Nah, I'm just going to reread the whole book. Obviously I am missing a lot lol