PDA

View Full Version : 2400 Orc Waagh! /w 22 goblins

Bigman
03-06-2012, 19:04
Interested in feedback on this list. I have recently picked up the black orcs cheaply, but this is basically where I want to go eventually.

I wanted to have plenty of orc infantry as that's my personal favourite idea. Loads of boyz with a few scrabbling goblins following them!

Idea is to flank my army with manglers and boar chariot. Centre will be held by the orcs and trolls, with n goblins behind to pick off anyone running in behind.

The two n goblin shamans are for draining dispel dice, through lore attribute and also through using small spells with mushroom dice to eat away at dispel pool.

Orc warboss fencers blades glittering scales potion of speed talisman of endurance * 210

Orc great shaman dispel scroll opal amulet 240

B Orc bsb armour of destiny, shield 167

N goblin shaman lvl 2 talisman protection 100

N goblin shaman lvl 1 50

30 big unz with additional hand weapon std discipline fc 320

30 Orc boyz shields st and musc 230

20 night goblin archers *1 fanatic 85

39 black orcs fc banner of eternal flame 513

Boar chariot 85

Mangler 65
Mangler 65

6 river trolls 270

Total 2400

bigbear bailey
04-06-2012, 00:43
I like it. I would suggest getting rid of that gear on the night gobbo lv 2 and taking a power stone or something to make one phase you do stronger. If they touch him he's going to die anyway. The black orcs are great and the bsb will keep your big uns in line. If you are considering keeping both those NG casters in that one unit you might want to look at dropping some things to get another BO to go with the gobbos so they don't fail to cast you from squabble.

Bigman
04-06-2012, 14:58
I like it. I would suggest getting rid of that gear on the night gobbo lv 2 and taking a power stone or something to make one phase you do stronger. If they touch him he's going to die anyway. The black orcs are great and the bsb will keep your big uns in line. If you are considering keeping both those NG casters in that one unit you might want to look at dropping some things to get another BO to go with the gobbos so they don't fail to cast you from squabble.

Technically I could put the bsb in with them, although that presents an issue with Look out sir...

Finding about 100 points is tough here.

bigbear bailey
05-06-2012, 06:31
not really. If you can get anything else I would go for 2 single wolf chariots and call it a day. They do SOOO good.

Sexiest_hero
05-06-2012, 09:04
Wolf chariots are good? Never see the in any lists.

Bigman
05-06-2012, 11:45
not really. If you can get anything else I would go for 2 single wolf chariots and call it a day. They do SOOO good.

Instead of the one boat chariot?

Glenn87
05-06-2012, 12:35
Wolf chariots are good? Never see the in any lists.

seriously??? What lists do you check?

I always use 2, standard.
They're AWESOME. They inflict D6 S5 hits, that's the same as most other chariots, they've got a M9, wich is slightly above average, they've got both spears AND Short bows (won't do THAT much, but it's an extra), and 3 Crewmembers, even if they are only WS2. All of that for only 50 points, where most other chariots will cost you around the 60-90 range??