PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions from my game yesterday ...

Lorcryst
04-06-2012, 20:07
So, I was playing an experimental WoC army (wanted to test an unit of Trolls) against my friend's Dwarves, and something came up ...

He had Rangers, they came on the board near the back of my big unit of Chaos Warriors with my Sorcerer in it, and then Anvil-charged me in the rear ... simple until now :p

I know that Chaos characters must issue challenges, so I did with my Sorcerer, and here is question one : could I have issued the challenge with my Champion instead of with my Sorcerer ? (said champion was holding a Halberd and had the Mark of Khorne, so 4 attacks at S5 vs the 2 attacks at S4 of my Sorcerer ...)

I won the combat by a good margin, and the Rangers fled ... question two : we thought that since the rangers were behind me, I could not pursue the two models that fled (not being on my front arc of sight), is that true ?

Thanks in advance for your answers and insight :p

Scalebug
04-06-2012, 20:34
You have to declare challenges, but it doesn't have to be done by a character, a unit champion can do so (though he will not benefit from Eye of the Gods if he wins, he is not far enough up the ladder for them to take an interest in him yet...)

You are not limited to pursue enemy fleeing in your front arc, the unit will pivot to face the fleeing guys before moving them. (p57 BRB)

Artiee
04-06-2012, 20:36
Yes. your champian can issue the challege instead. WOC FAQ, 1st Question.

Q. Does the compulsion to issue and accept challenges apply to all
models or only to models with the Eye of the Gods special rule? (p43)
A. It applies to all models capable of issuing challenges.

On the Flee question. Yes you can pursue to the rear.

GotrekFan
04-06-2012, 21:33
Can a champion (or any character) in the front rank challenge an opponent in the back?
If not, is a WoC character forced to make way in order to issue a challenge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leth Shyish'phak
04-06-2012, 23:56
Can a champion (or any character) in the front rank challenge an opponent in the back?
If not, is a WoC character forced to make way in order to issue a challenge?

Yes, they can; no Make Way move is required.

Scalebug
05-06-2012, 10:24
"Make way" is not only not required, it is not the rule that is in effect in this situation....

The challenged model will move to contact the challenger (but a unit champion will not leave the front rank, as he is not allowed to), if this cannot be done (for example, because there is no room to place the model there, or because again it is a unit champion not allowed to leave the front rank of his unit), than the "imagine they are in contact, but don't move the models" come into play.

It is used to some effect against lone characters on dragons charging a units rear and such...

Lorcryst
05-06-2012, 10:46
Thanks for your replies guys and gals, I'll know what to do next Sunday :p