PDA

View Full Version : 2K Skaven Army

BirchbarktheAncient
04-06-2012, 20:29
Grey Seer with Crown of Command, Talisman of Preservation
BSB Chieftain with Storm Banner, Halberd, Shield
Warlock 1st Level with Dispel Scroll, Ironcurse Icon, Warplock Pistol
Warlock with Doomrocket, Warplock Pistol

56 Stormvermin with Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame, Poison Attacks on Fangleader
65 Slaves with Pawleader and Musician
65 Slaves with Pawleader and Musician

15 Gutter Runners with poison and slings
15 Gutter Runners with poison and slings

1 Warp Lightning Cannon

bigbear bailey
05-06-2012, 05:55
I know you plan to keep that grey seer out of the hand to hand by putting him on the far right of the unit, but a good player will kill him. I would give him a 20 man slave bunker and keep him out of the fight, which you can purchase by getting rid of his magic gear. I don't think the stubborn crown is really worth it to skaven as you should always have more ranks then the enemy so who cares.

2 units of 15 gutter runners may be to much. Do 2 units of 10 and get some arcane gear for the grey seer like a power stone/scroll (for dreaded thirteenth) or a dispell scroll to stop that one big nasty coming your way!

Glad there is no hell pit, getting sick of seeing him to be honest!

BirchbarktheAncient
05-06-2012, 12:10
I keep the seer in the Stormvermin on the far corner. He hasn't been killed yet. Played about 25 games. I agree about Hellpits. People think that big goofy is the be all, end all for rats. We really don't need monsters with our magic and shooting.

BirchbarktheAncient
05-06-2012, 12:17
The 2 units of gutter runners ensure that big goofy monsters or war machines die from the poison attacks.

calnen
06-06-2012, 08:49
Yep, that looks pretty horrible to play against. No other comments or suggestions really, just that I really hate rats!

BirchbarktheAncient
06-06-2012, 11:47
Hate rats???? Why would you say such a thing? We're so cuddly and cute! We'd love to have you over for dinner........but you'll be the main course.

squirtopus
06-06-2012, 17:20
I like the idea of the list, running extra size concentrated block instead of the usual 35-40ish size skaven usually bring, but i'm afraid this isn't really going to be competitive. If you encounter one of the lore of life loving people out there you are pretty much done for. As on tournaments their tend to bequite a few (nearly every Lizard, HE, Deamon and woody is going to run life) a dwellers each turn will pretty much mean the end of your army in one spell. The only unit that really packs punch is the stormvermin, and half of those are gone with one spell. Same goes for the slave blocks. I like the idea of hordes, but i am yet too see one that is really competitive, because most of them out there are really vulnerable to the uber spells and that pretty much ends your deathstar/horde build in one stroke. Exceptions being of the top of my head bloodletters and white lions, because they are fairly resistent to all the uberspells out there at S5 I4 and vice versa. Also i think 15 gutter runners is overdoing it a little. With poison and slings these babies clock in at a whopping 17 points i think which for a T3 6+ save unit is ghastly, and if you run em this big, something is bound to be dedicated to catching them in CC and wil tear them all a new one in no time.

Sorry if I sound to negative, I you play any games with this list let me know how you fare, i'd like to know how tis turns out on the tables.

Cheers!

BirchbarktheAncient
07-06-2012, 09:05
I don't think your post sounded negative at all. If I didn't want people's opinions I wouldn't have posted here. Actually, EVERYONE I play uses dwellers against me and it rarely, if ever ends the game. Besides, with plague and the curse available to me, I hardly could cry about dwellers. Most of the time I watch plague rip through my opponents ranks on first turn so I deserve no mercy from them, lol. The reason for the gutter runners being so high is that I need to ensure death from poison to any war machine when I pop out using sneaky infiltrators. 30 shots of poison from slings guarantees a dead war machine, which subsequently will not be living to smash up my hordes. I'm trying to play a horde themed army which is exactly how Skaven should be played in Warhammer. Fluff-wise, Skaven overwhelm their opponents with masses to win. That's the reason why my units, including the gutter runners, are so large in number. Also, it states in the stormvermin fluff that they have legions of slaves to serve them. I always imagine that my grey seer is screaming curses at the slaves to go forward and "die die for your master!". The list is a lot of fun to play and wins about 85% of the time, not that that matters, really. Are there flaws, weaknesses, etc., sure, but I just roll dice and let the chips fall as they may. Killer spells like Dwellers just make the game more interesting for me. Let's face it, if there was nothing to threaten me it wouldn't be much of a challenge.

-Remember, it's ALWAYS a victory if the Grey Seer lives! :)