PDA

View Full Version : Heys Guys, have a look at this list, Tell me what you think....

KLupton
05-06-2012, 08:59
Right, a littile introduction.

I have been playing Tomb Kings for a year now. I have yet to beat a Wood Elf player with them. So for our next game on Saturday, we have arranged for me to bring my Savage Orc list to try them out. We are playing at 3000 points as we have the afternoon free for a larger game. I want to use my Savage Orc theme list because its the most appealing Orc list to me. Right on with the list....

Orc Warboss
GW
Shield
Armour of Destiny
Wyvern (For the fun factor)

Savage Orc Great Shaman
Level 4
Lucky Shrunken Head
Dispell Scroll

Savage Orc Big Boss
BSB
GW
Armour of Silvered Steel

38 Savage Orc Big Uns
M+S
Add Choppa

438 (BSB and GS go in here)

40 Savage Orcs
M+S
Add Choppa

30 Savage Orcs
Musician
Bows

Arachnarok

10 Savage Orc Boar Boyz
Musician
Spear and Shields

10 Savage Orc Boar Boyz
Add Choppa
Musician

10 Trolls

That leaves me with 30 points to spare. Do i need to add a few Rock Lobbers somehow?, Should i drop the Bow Savages for a large unit of Goblins? Will i really miss shooting that much? Do i need to invest a bit more into Magic? AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! So many things to worry about!! :cries:

Oogie boogie boss
06-06-2012, 17:37
Ditch the bows, you want your boys hitting things, and frenzy and animosity means they're going to spend a good period not being able to fire. Other than that it's a good list, though in an otherwise SO army, i'm confused by the vanilla Orc Warboss....

Valaraukar
06-06-2012, 20:53
You have several big blocks but not a lot else, I can see you getting out deployed and out maneuvered so I'd be tempted to find some points and invest in some redirectors and extra deployment drops like wolf or spider riders etc.

Greyhorn
06-06-2012, 21:09
I would Kick 1 boars unit and add some squigs and goblin wagons to run forward and kill some troops or at least distract them while you get advantatgeous positions with your blocks.

KLupton
07-06-2012, 09:23
Ditch the bows, you want your boys hitting things, and frenzy and animosity means they're going to spend a good period not being able to fire. Other than that it's a good list, though in an otherwise SO army, i'm confused by the vanilla Orc Warboss....

I have ditched the unit of SO with bows for a nice big unit of Goblins with shortbows and shields. On the regular Warboss... Hes cheaper and i believe that, being a Warboss he shouldnt be subject to frenzy as he has a BIT more tactical sense to hold back to direct his hordes. Also he is mounted on his 'loyal' mount that i believe would stop his frenzy. Note i said a BIT more tactical sense, Not a lot though!!

@Valaraukar... I mainly play a Wood Elf force and i find with redirector units that they dont last very long against the bow fire. I have found out with previous experience that larger units can withstand this and arrive at their lines ready and able to combat units such as treekin, Treemen and their few CC units.