PDA

View Full Version : ASL and Speed

Goldenwolf
05-06-2012, 19:13
Folks,

Does the Speed of Asuryon make ASL go away completely? I ask as if a Bat Swarm hits the high elves in the flank, would it make them not strike first?

Thank you for any polite responses

sorberec
05-06-2012, 19:45
Speed of Asuryan ignores ASL from great weapons. If you apply ASL from another source then the High Elves will strike at their initiative, so against VC I'm guessing they're still going first against everything bar Vampire characters, they just won't get the re-rolls

Lord Inquisitor
05-06-2012, 19:48
Speed of Asuryan only ignores ASL from weapons. In all other cases it simply counts as ASF, and high elves can assuredly gain ASL (which will cancel out ASL so they will strike at initiative) from bat swarms, thundertusks, spells or so on and high elves can lose ASF from spells or effects that would remove that rule from them.

Vipoid
08-06-2012, 09:59
Out of interest, if a model with Speed of Asuryan was wielding a great weapon, and subseqently gained ASL (say, from the aforementioned bat-swarm), would it then strike last, rather than at initiative?

I ask because Speed of Asuryan normally cancels that effect of the great weapon but, if ASL then cancels that, would the great weapon than 'take effect' and force the model to strike last?

T10
08-06-2012, 10:40
Initiative order. They have ASF from Speed of Asuryan and ASL from whatever. They don't lose ASF or ASL but the effects of these rules are cancelled out.

Solonor
08-06-2012, 10:45
Out of interest, if a model with Speed of Asuryan was wielding a great weapon, and subseqently gained ASL (say, from the aforementioned bat-swarm), would it then strike last, rather than at initiative?

I ask because Speed of Asuryan normally cancels that effect of the great weapon but, if ASL then cancels that, would the great weapon than 'take effect' and force the model to strike last?

My modest opinion:

The model still has the rule SoA, "ASL from other sources" only cancels the effects of SoA regarding ASF, it doesnt remove the rule form the model, so the "ASL from other sources" only cancels the ASF effect of SoA it doesnt cancel the "ignore ASL from great weapons ability" from SoA.