PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdoms vs. High Elves (2500pts) - Video

DreamKnight
06-06-2012, 04:31
here's a battle between a friend and I for Fantasy Battles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCDL-2cgDlQ

Lord Solar Plexus
06-06-2012, 12:48
Very nice, liked it a lot!

bigbear bailey
07-06-2012, 05:51
Cool report, but make sure to zoom in on the units more so then the people lol. I feel that if you are doing a live feed battle report you need to have a dedicated camera man zooming in and out from the side of the field

Yucky
07-06-2012, 11:00
Typical Ogre netlist vs HE player that has the same problems with the magic phase that I do!

I really like the battle report, thanks for posting.

Goldenwolf
18-06-2012, 01:40
Dreamknight, Please do not listen to Big Bear Bailey. The reports that You, Malorian, and Spulow do are far superior to the ones that have random images flashing by and are not edited. Those ones make me dizzy after a few minutes and I just turn them off as they do not help you learn anything. I know the old way of doing them is still around, but the camera in the same position, along with the turn and commentary really make the battle reports useful. Thank You for submitting them.

Lemminkäinen
19-06-2012, 17:09
This was great to watch, only thing it lacked was excitement(It was a bit one-sided). Would love to see more battle reports in the same manner!

TsukeFox
19-06-2012, 21:53
Maybe the High elf player should try more knight units, a charmed shield on the dragon rider, - and a bolt thrower: str6 hit might come I handy may even kill an ogre out right.

Boooo double iron blasters. Waa

TsukeFox
20-06-2012, 13:59
Actually if Dallas would have had his eagles swarm around the dragon to act as meat shields it is 50/50 that a cannon ball may never reach the dragon

Trains_Get_Robbed
21-06-2012, 07:15
^^^ That is impossible to do with just 3 Great Eagles as they not only need to be used elsewhere on the battlefield (especially against Ogres, WoC, heavy combat armies), but they most also be 1in' apart. However, if he had say five, then he could stagger them so it would cover the entirety of the base. This is rather moot point however as you could just do 3 wounds to an Eagle and go right through into the Dragon anyways.

Rather, instead your opponent should consider not taking a Dragon with the list he devised. They're not very user-friendly outside of a ETC environments or setting that comp' certain playstyles/lists, and often require to be built around. This being said your opponent showed his fighting spirit taking you on to the end -rolling poorly for the W.L's didn't help either.