PDA

View Full Version : 2k Empire close combat list

IceTea
06-06-2012, 10:05
Hi, i have been toying around with a few lists lately and come up with a list that has netted me two victories over competent players, one vs Hight Elves and one vs O&G. This list is planned for a tournament later this year.

Wizard lvl 4 Lore of Metal +4WS talisman(cant remember the name)

245p

Wizard lvl 1 Lore of Beasts Dispell scroll

100p

Warrior Priest Heavy armor, enchanted shield

72p

Warrior Priest Heavy armor, shield

69p

Captain BSB Full Plate, Shield, Helm of the skavenslayer.

108p

Captain(captasus) Full Plate, Shield, Lance, Dragonhelm,Pegasus with swift as the wind

140p

Halberd Block 50 Std + Mus

320p

Archers 10

70p

Knights 5

110p

Greatswords 29 Full command
-Swordsmen detatchment 10 strong

419p

DGK 3

174p

Great Cannon

120p

All in all 1947p

Well several people have already commented that what are you doing with Lore of Metal? well the lore gives me several very good spells, among them is the scaly skin spell which raises the AS of my GS all the way up to 2+ and with a possible 5+ WS they die very slow.

I plan to give my BSB the 5+ WS item and give the GS block banner of disipline to be sure they will not rout.

BSB and one WP will go in the halberd block, lvl 1 wizard will go close to one block of infantry(i know alone but well he is a scroll caddie) lvl4 wizard will go in the archer block and the last WP with ench shield goes in the GS block.

Any comments or suggestions?

D'Haran
06-06-2012, 16:29
Decent list, feels like you've spent too much on heroes though, over 1/3 your list in characters when empire characters are really nothing special except for that "1" ability. I'd drop the lvl 1 mage, your units already have hatred and either +5 to AS or +1 to hit, even hexing your opponents WS by -1 will in many cases do the same or more as +1 T +1 S, not to mention 2D6 power dice won't spread over 5 levels of wizards and 2 WP's. I'd then pick up a Hellblaster and try to squeeze in an engineer by dropping the archers.

IceTea
06-06-2012, 17:50
Hmmm i really like your suggestion.

Wizard lvl 4 Lore of Metal +4WS talisman(cant remember the name) Dispell scroll

270p

Engineer Light armor(i had 3 points left so why not)

66p

Warrior Priest Heavy armor, enchanted shield

72p

Warrior Priest Heavy armor, shield

69p

Captain BSB Full Plate, Shield, Helm of the skavenslayer.

108p

Captain(captasus) Full Plate, Shield, Lance, Dragonhelm, Pegasus with swift as the wind

140p

Halberd Block 48 Std + Mus

310p

Archers 10

70p

Knights ICP 5 w/lance and shield

125p

Greatswords 29 Std + Mus and standard of Dicipline

354p

DGK 3 w/halberds

174p

Great Cannon

120p

Hellblaster volleygun

120p

All in all 1998 points.

The plan is to flank with one of my three flanking units(DGK,captasus or ICP knights) use the cannon to take out any monsters and the volley gun to secure a vulnerable flank.

In the middle i place the two infantry blocks and the archers, with the archers i place the lvl 4 wizard so that he can enchant both units with the +5AS spell.

I expect at least one flank will break through and the center might get more help to soften the enemy up from volleygun and transmutation of lead, GSs will stand till the last man with ld 8 and reroll, and i hope to get one spell off to aid them (Scaly skin+5AS or +5WS) a rerollable would also scare my opponent so that is a good threat :D

@D'Haran i couldnt remove the Archers(25% core) but liked your suggestion so i removed the Swordsman detatchment from the GreatSwords and could afford the Volleygun with engineer. Looking forward to testing this list as soon as possible, I hope it will be possible this weekend.

Changes the Knights to ICP so that if they get stuck in melee they will still be able to deal some damage.

Comments or recommendations?