PDA

View Full Version : Whatīs the best way to make or obtain Marker Drones

gigglyjoker
02-05-2006, 17:12
Marker Drones are weird. At first glance they look like they are made from components from other sprues, but then I see that the bits are slightly different. For example, the Crisis aerial is reversed and the aerial on the drone itself is depicted in two different versions in the Codex, one with the tail on the top and the other also reversed.

Anyway, seeing how I will want numerous Marker Drones in my army, what is the best way to go about it. Should I make it from existing parts? I donīt have extra Crisis suit sprues (for the aerial) laying around. Should I make it from green stuff? Iīve never used green stuff before and I donīt even know if or how it can be done. Or what?

Will Forge World be selling Marker Drones? (Not the old ones with burst cannons of course).

-giggly

noneedforaname
02-05-2006, 17:15
so far I know the marker drones come with the new plastic stealthsuits.

gigglyjoker
02-05-2006, 17:20
I mean more than that. Only one Marker Drone to a stealth sprue.

-giggly

noneedforaname
02-05-2006, 17:27
Thats it as far as I know, conversion time methinks.

Lyinar
02-05-2006, 17:50
I converted the two I needed by taking a couple of Gun Drones, cutting off the post for the left-hand Pulse Carbine, and replacing that with a Target Lock from a Crisis Suit sprue. I then cut the grenade launcher off of the remaining Pulse Carbine and cut the bulbous parts up near the front of it flush with the rest of the carbine to make it into a Markerlight.

Looks good, and I didn't have to wait until the new Stealth Suits finally come out on their own.

gigglyjoker
03-05-2006, 16:59
Thats it as far as I know, conversion time methinks.

How could you not see that the whole point of the original post was to ask for conversion advice.

-giggly

gigglyjoker
03-05-2006, 17:02
I converted the two I needed by taking a couple of Gun Drones, cutting off the post for the left-hand Pulse Carbine, and replacing that with a Target Lock from a Crisis Suit sprue. I then cut the grenade launcher off of the remaining Pulse Carbine and cut the bulbous parts up near the front of it flush with the rest of the carbine to make it into a Markerlight.

Looks good, and I didn't have to wait until the new Stealth Suits finally come out on their own.

Did you modify the antennae or just use the original Gun Drone antennae?

When you say you cut the bulbous parts off the pulse carbine do you mean the gun holes at the front? Did you do anything with the round stabilizer near the front on the side of the carbine?

Anybody have pictures?

-giggly

Lyinar
03-05-2006, 18:41
I used the original Gun Drone antennae.

And for the stuff I cut off the carbine... The thing that looks like half a sphere sticking off to each side of the gun's barrel is what I cut so that it was flush. The protruding twin-barrel, I left on and painted like lenses.

HiveFleetJomama
03-05-2006, 21:09
I'm really suspect of how useful Marker Drones actually are, from a Mathhammer perspective, but I sure do like the little guys too.

I liked the idea of using the target lock on the left side, as mentioned earlier. I've been thinking on using a target lock on the left side, the standard drone antenna on the right side (with the base of the antenna attached to the body of the drone, and the base of the antenna rounded and smoothed out).

For the antenna, I was thinking on using the Farsight antennas, with the circle/symbol hacked off - that way you get the nice two-pronged antenna look.

Be sure and e-mail Forgeworld as well - they're always open to new ideas. A buddy of mine e-mailed them way back about Chaos Land Raider tracks, and a few months later - bam! Coincidence? Maybe, but I'd like to think his request had a direct influence.

If they get enough requests, they may look into it. It wouldn't be that hard after all, just a simple Gun Drone conversion kit.

gigglyjoker
04-05-2006, 15:28
I'm really suspect of how useful Marker Drones actually are, from a Mathhammer perspective, but I sure do like the little guys too.

I liked the idea of using the target lock on the left side, as mentioned earlier. I've been thinking on using a target lock on the left side, the standard drone antenna on the right side (with the base of the antenna attached to the body of the drone, and the base of the antenna rounded and smoothed out).

For the antenna, I was thinking on using the Farsight antennas, with the circle/symbol hacked off - that way you get the nice two-pronged antenna look.

Be sure and e-mail Forgeworld as well - they're always open to new ideas. A buddy of mine e-mailed them way back about Chaos Land Raider tracks, and a few months later - bam! Coincidence? Maybe, but I'd like to think his request had a direct influence.

If they get enough requests, they may look into it. It wouldn't be that hard after all, just a simple Gun Drone conversion kit.

Yeah, except how easy is it to get Farsight antennas?

-giggly