PDA

View Full Version : Will you be starting a new Warhammer army in the next 6 months?

Lord Dan
08-06-2012, 02:29
To clarify, I meant to ask how likely you are to start a new Warhammer army using GW models.

Slug
08-06-2012, 03:37
I have too many half built armies now (HE, TK, Bret, WE) I don't need anymore. I will at some stage start Beastmen, just not in the next 6 months (Famous Last Words not withstanding).

Slug

Sophet Drahas
08-06-2012, 04:30
Doubtful for me considering I've 'started' just about every army out there. The only one I don't have any models for us Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves and Ogre Kingdoms. I hate Ogres and unless they re-release Dark Elves and it strikes me similar to Dark Eldar I can't see picking it up. Chaos Dwarves are too expensive for me right now.

papabearshane
08-06-2012, 04:34
Im re-picking up Ogres as Im looking to get some second hand models at a good price. That will bring me up to 7 armys and I will be picking up more slowly as I catch up on painting my other armys up.

dhagi
08-06-2012, 04:41
I'm about 3 models short of finishing my Lizardmen, and just need to get some dragon princes to finish my high shelf army.
problem is I can't decide which army to start next, that's the biggest holdup.

Why
08-06-2012, 04:59
I'm about 3 models short of finishing my Lizardmen, and just need to get some dragon princes to finish my high shelf army.
problem is I can't decide which army to start next, that's the biggest holdup.

High shelf army, I fell off my chair when I saw that. Hilarious whether you meant it or not.

Darnok
08-06-2012, 05:14
Lord Dan becomes the lord of polls... :D

I voted "very unlikely". Not only do I already own a few big armies (VC, Ogres, Dwarves, O&G, WoC), I just started another one (Lizardmen). All the facets I'm interested in are covered by the forces I own. My motivation for any other WHF project is pretty low, and I think GWs prices will do the rest.

I can't see me starting another WHF army this year.

Lord Dan
08-06-2012, 05:18
Lord Dan becomes the lord of polls... :D

Does Warseer give honorary titles? If so, that should definitely be one... ;)

Gerod253
08-06-2012, 05:25
I may be starting a wood elf or a dwarf army. Been messing around with Daemons, but in the end I'm finding Khorne to not be to my taste.

Skywave
08-06-2012, 06:39
Hell no!

Err, I mean, I don't plan to collect another army anytime soon. My main army are, in order, Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts and Empire, and I don't plan to get more. What I can do though, and I did already, is to gather smaller forces that are smaller than a proper army (bellow 2000pts). Like I already bought a small daemon forces of Khorne all made out of oop metal models, wich is about 500-1000pts (got a good deal on 4 Bloodcrusher so they pump the pts higher than I anticipated :D).

The other force I'd like to start is Dark Elves, based around Witch Elves/Khainite unit, but I only got a few characters so far. I have my hand full for the forseeable future so I won't start it anytime soon. It might not even be this edition, or even maybe never if the price continue to rise like they are.

tezdal
08-06-2012, 06:39
I play Brets, no plans to start/or buy anything else

Freman Bloodglaive
08-06-2012, 07:14
Short answer. No.
Long answer. Also no.

Lord Dan
08-06-2012, 07:15
Hell no!

Somehow I keep forgetting to incorporate this option...

Scythe
08-06-2012, 07:17
Very unlikely. Apart from having quite a few armies, some of which are in a slow process of update to 8th edition, I simply don't want to spend that much money on a new army once more. It costs a fortune these days to build a couple of properly sized core units. I can live with it for my existing armies, as I have quite some models there already, but a for a new army? No thanks.

Does Warseer give honorary titles? If so, that should definitely be one... ;)

Join the guild! You'll get your own custom one ;)

Urgat
08-06-2012, 07:30
Somehow I keep forgetting to incorporate this option...

I was about to post that you don't like "no" as an answer :p
For me, it's no. If I'm ever done with painting my greenskins, I'll just go back to my ogres, dark elves or chaos dwarfs. Got nothing to do with prices or anything like that, I just got too many stuff to paint to start anything else. And I don't play enough anyway.

Ebon
08-06-2012, 07:31
Extremely unlikely. About the only races I don't already have armies for are Wood Elves, Chaos Dwarves and High Elves (unless you count two units and a mage as an army). I don't start armies anymore, I just add units (of increasingly fewer GW models) to my existing armies.

chromedog
08-06-2012, 07:41
Why is there no 'NO' result?
There's a "highly unlikely" (which is not a 'no').
As in NOT AT ALL. I have a (singular, ONE) WHFB army. I don't need another one. It will do me for the next x years.

Crovax20
08-06-2012, 07:42
I can't see myself finish painting either my tomb kings or my Orcs & Goblins up to 2k points before the end of the year, so no new army for me. Oh and then there is the issue of another warhammer army cost being able to provide me with about 30 crews for various skirmish games like Malifaux or Freebooters Fate

Gorbad Ironclaw
08-06-2012, 08:22
Completely impossible. Even if I felt the inclination(and I don't), the money I would need is tied up for the rest of the year. And even then Warhammer would be quite far down the pole in terms of hobby spending. Just not going to happen.

anyone4tea?
08-06-2012, 08:44
I've already started spending... it's ok though, the wife has mandated I have to fund at least 50% by selling old models. She is a generous God. hehe

Evil Hypnotist
08-06-2012, 10:14
The decision to start a Chaos Dwarfs army has already been made but funding could be an issue - new army? Very likely...in six months? Likely

Lemonbrick
08-06-2012, 10:22
I'm aiming to start a new army once my beastmen are painted being about 60% done I will be looking to start a new army (with the Empresses permission of course) once done

EmperorNorton
08-06-2012, 10:23
I will start painting a new army, but I already own the models.
Buying a new army is extremely unlikely for me at this point.

Rosstifer
08-06-2012, 10:31
I have 2400pts of Beastmen to paint up. If I start a new army, it'll be a Mantic Vampire army for giggles.

shelfunit.
08-06-2012, 10:34
No. I'm more than happy to collect many armies for GW systems, but not using any (current) GW models. Mantic etc (and "old skool" [early 90's and before] citadel/marauder) all the way now.

snyggejygge
08-06-2012, 10:43
Nope, enough models to paint for the rest of my life....

Fawful
08-06-2012, 10:54
Nope, still need to finish 100 skaven and twice as many orcs and goblins so a new army is very unlikely at the moment.

Melkanador
08-06-2012, 11:17
Well my Undeadarmy from KoW will also be used for WHF games, but starting a WHF army just for WHF, no.

Spider-pope
08-06-2012, 11:24
I've still got far too many Daemons to paint and too many Beastmen still to collect to start a new army any time soon.

Of course i reserve the right to ignore this statement should some new shiny release catch my eye.

Yowzo
08-06-2012, 13:45
If I manage to sell Empire (too busy to paint them all), I'm starting a lower model count army like ogres or chaos dwarves.

Infern0
08-06-2012, 14:25
I`ll just restart my project of goblins...
I`ll buy some DE stuff (like all the executioners left in my local shop, lords, that haven`t been converted to finecrap yet and some other things, that are not far too overpriced yet), but I`ll pause with them untill they get their rumoured plastics.

Wargamejunkie
08-06-2012, 14:25
I am actually in the process of gathering up models for my all plastic Forest Goblins. (Shoot me a PM if you have any)

That being said I still need to paint the rest of my Skaven and finish building my Bretonnians.

Then again if they come out with plastic plague bearers that may change my plans....

Late
08-06-2012, 14:32
I already started a DE army, before the price hike & recent finecasting of certain troops that is. So far, I've managed to source Sorceresses, Black Guard, Executioners and Reaper bolt throwers easily via clearance sales, eBay and forums. I won't resort to buying new figures unless I absolutely have to.

sasheep
08-06-2012, 14:46
With GW models? No way.
With Mantic models? Certainly. The mantic goblins are some if the best models I have seen and they are my clash of kings army project so I will be getting them anyway. might as well use them for Warhammer too.

Rogue
08-06-2012, 14:56
No. I'm more than happy to collect many armies for GW systems, but not using any (current) GW models. Mantic etc (and "old skool" [early 90's and before] citadel/marauder) all the way now.

QFT this is exactly what I plan on doing from now on.

Texhnolyze
08-06-2012, 15:05
I voted "unlikely" but that does not meen that I'm not planing to start a new WHFB army. The only thing really holding me back now is finnishing my VC army, and the fact that I'm waiting for the book release of High, dark or wood elves before I start a new army :D

Grocklock
08-06-2012, 15:25
i plan to start a beastman or skaven army in the next couple of months, once i have done my 40k feral orc army

tiger g
08-06-2012, 16:03
Voted not likely.

But does not mean no spending. Just trying to finish my Empire, Skaven and Lizardmen and need to add units. Also have starter kit high elfs and plenty of goblin figures for an army. Lastly starting a new 40k army Orks with the new book.

Dnd_dad
08-06-2012, 16:05
Nope. I'm in the process of selling old armies I'm not interested in to focus on my OGs.

Desert Rain
08-06-2012, 16:35
I'm happy with my High Elves, if I get back into the hobby again I'll just paint what I have and buy some new ones if I need to when their new AB comes.
This is mostly because I like the High Elves so much and no other army really interests me enough, and also because of financial reasons and lack of time.

Chaos Undecided
08-06-2012, 16:41
Very little income atm plus increasing prices equals fat chance of starting a new army even if I wanted to :p

Ive plenty of old stuff to keep me going though unless I start selling it off.

Montegue
08-06-2012, 16:42
Nope. Not a chance, especially not this year. With GW price increases, I doubt I'll ever start a new army using their models, especially if Mantic comes out with a nice looking Ogre army.

de Selby
08-06-2012, 16:45
I bought the skaven army-in-a-box for Christmas 2011 and I haven't painted it yet, and I've got lots fo 40k stuff to do.

I can't imagine buying a new WHF army in the next six months. If there's another army-in-a-box deal that I want this Christmas (7 months away) then I might be tempted.

Private_SeeD
08-06-2012, 17:37
I voted very unlikely. Due to the price rise, I'm following a new rule where I can't start a new army till ive finished my current one. need 3/4 models and then to paint all of it. I already have some OK in a box so there on my to do list. But I plan on saving money for DA or BT which ever is released first :p

pointyteeth
08-06-2012, 17:41
I'm starting Ogres as soon as I finish painting my WoC tournament army. I know you said "with GW models" but it won't be entirely GW models. Maybe 50%.

Private_SeeD
08-06-2012, 17:50
I'm starting Ogres as soon as I finish painting my WoC tournament army. I know you said "with GW models" but it won't be entirely GW models. Maybe 50%.

Just wondering what models will your other 50% be?

dickiewaters
08-06-2012, 17:55
Not a chance.....
GW price increases have pushed me away from there products & into the loving arms of Malifaux ;)

Shandowner
08-06-2012, 17:59
I already have 80% of the dwarfs I need. But yes, I plan on finishing them.
But with 2nd hand models.

I think what the OP wants to ask, is anyone buying a new army (with the price increase..)

loveless
08-06-2012, 18:08
I said "likely" as I decided to start Vampire Counts a bit before the price increases hit. Given I like GW skeletons and various other things more than equivalents from other companies, it'll be primarily GW product. I got my Mortis Engine before the price hike, and picked up a box of Black Knights, too.

The zombies might be mantic, though...

pointyteeth
08-06-2012, 18:23
Just wondering what models will your other 50% be?

Likely a mix of Titan Forge and Scibor, maybe the Mantic ogres if they look good. Definately Mantic Goblins for Gnoblars.

yabbadabba
08-06-2012, 18:40
Unlikely. I am unemployed and about to start teacher training, neither of which are conducive to starting a new army. I also have a stupid amount of Empire. If I get a windfall then I have half a dwarf army I gained from a mate, so I'll finish that with a mix of companies.

CrystalSphere
08-06-2012, 19:09
I am not picking up anything from GW until they bother to redo in plastic their old miniatures, like they did with the wood elves years ago or with the dark eldar more recently. If i am going to bother paying the premium price that GW wants for their models, they better be good models, for me that means: plastic kit, optional bits, nice sculpts. Im not paying GW prices for some models made a decade ago or even more time, and i refuse to buy failcast miniatures.

monkey10120
08-06-2012, 19:13
Starting a new army hell no. With the prices the way they are I'm trying to finish my current one.

Luigi
08-06-2012, 19:26
As in NOT AT ALL. I have a (singular, ONE) WHFB army. I don't need another one. It will do me for the next x years.

This for me as well. actually i always used to buy only the models I needed in my lists, i never bought anything from GW: always used from friends, kijiji and Ebay; from alternatives miniatures (reapers black tree design ecc) Then when Mantic put out dwarfs I got myself a few hammerers. Now I discovered the pleasure of owning models I'll never use thanks to a dwarf stone thrower (not the 5th edition one, the previous older one) got from Ebay at 5$ including shipping.

So Although I won't start a new army I will expand my existing (single) one and not from GW either Ebay or alternatives all the way now!

DaemonReign
08-06-2012, 19:45
"Definately not."
Supporting my lazy friends in getting their Collections up to spec is quite enough work on my table, thank you very much. :)

Askari
08-06-2012, 20:03
1 army per 6 months has been my rate so far, with me picking up Empire, Vampire Counts and Skaven since Christmas 2010. They're now all up to 2,500 and I'm not interested in the other armies much so that'll probably be it for now. Especially with 40k 6th Edition and a new Codex: Chaos out, I need to start saving up.

Ponge
08-06-2012, 20:06
Very unlikely I will ever start another warhammer army due to the prices.
I'll stick to finishing the ones I have and I'm looking into other wargames.

artisturn
08-06-2012, 20:12
I am sticking with my two current fantasy armies VC and O&G, I just don't have the time or money to start another fantasy army.

Now I do plan on starting 40k once 6th edition comes out, I already have a good start on an Ork force when I went halves on the 5th edition set with my nephew and picked up a good amount of models on ebay last year.

But fantasy wise I am done other then the few new models that come out for either of my armies.

Confessor_Atol
08-06-2012, 20:16
I've done a new army a year for the past 5 years..... I'm going to stop now. I just can't keep buying while GW keeps acting the way it does. So no new armies, and highly limited purchases from here on.

Frederick
08-06-2012, 20:30
Having nearly finished my goblin army, I can't see myself starting a new army for a year or so. I would really like to do either Bretonnia or Wood elves... But I don't think they'll be updated soon.

SotF
08-06-2012, 20:37
I keep considering another army.

Perhaps if the coming Mordheim campaign works out well I'll expand from there for a new army. Either way, there won't be many GW minis in the army save probably as a few Lords and Heroes.

The plan is an Amazons army, probably using Warriors of Chaos or Lizardmen as a basis.

Morkash
08-06-2012, 20:42
I'm currently looking into alternatives, mainly Mantic because of their Kickstarter project and Perry because of their lovely historical miniatures. No idea as which I'd use the latter, maybe KoW Humans, GW Dogs of War or even just as showcase army I guess. FireForge's Teutogic Knights are simply fantastic as well, so I might buy some kitbashed lot of human figures to paint. After my Ogres. :)

yabbadabba
08-06-2012, 21:13
I think its quite funny that people are saying they are "having" to look at other manufacturers, for me that's essential for collecting any army. Even when I worked for GW I still looked out for other companies minis to fit into my army.
Got a list for when the money comes in ;)

Sotek
08-06-2012, 21:31
Too expensive and not enough interest in a game which has fallen behind 40k in terms of quality.

Lars Porsenna
09-06-2012, 03:49
I already have 4 WHFB armies and 4 WH40K armies. I also have 3 WHFB armies partially built. As much as I'd love to collect Skaven, Beastmen, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, etc. at this point I have so many armies already it's difficult to keep up with them as it is. This decision has nothing to do with money.

Damon.

zoggin-eck
09-06-2012, 04:07
Too late for that, I already own an army for each army/faction/whatever so it's hard to start a "new" army.

I must admit most of the models I'm adding now are not GW's, but that has little to do with price, which I assume is the point of this thread.

I am, however, hoping to make a "Tomb Kings themed" goblin wolf rider and chariot army, and that would be 100% GW models. It's put on hold until I decide if I want to use the new Fenrisian Wolves, current plastics or wait to see if they release the new wolves with new riders.

NTJ2010
09-06-2012, 05:28
Recently "finished" my current army so, yes most likely.

Well, there's an assembled and unpainted WE army floating around on sale here, which I'm planning to purchase. So yes! They will make a nice change from my regular Undead guys and I've been wanting to play them immediately since I started watching tmarichards' excellent battle reports.

Athlan na Dyr
09-06-2012, 07:57
Too expensive and not enough interest in a game which has fallen behind 40k in terms of quality.

What? I started fantasy because I was getting fed up with marines in metal bawkses everywhere (and loving it).

As I'm still relatively green and bulking out my collection of (grey, plastic) Vampire Counts my answer is 'hell no'.
That said the Chaos Dwarves are calling...

Late
09-06-2012, 08:12
What? I started fantasy because I was getting fed up with marines in metal bawkses everywhere (and loving it).

As I'm still relatively green and bulking out my collection of (grey, plastic) Vampire Counts my answer is 'hell no'.
That said the Chaos Dwarves are calling...

Yeah, that quality comment was pretty weird. 40k in it's current state is horrible, totally kiddiefied to the point of ridiculousness, hopefully 6th ed. will fix that. The worst thing being that some players want to keep it in lego mode, some kid was whining in the 40k Facebook group how rules like overwatch are totally ott and just complicate matters needlessly.

hahahaha

Durloth
09-06-2012, 08:22
I've have most of the troops I need for a new Empire army laying around since the last time I decided to start them (some time around the end of 6th ed) and some characters I bought but never painted for my DoW army, so I've just started to bulk out the collection (scrapping all the metal characters for finecast versions and getting the shiny new plastic toys).

Mallo
09-06-2012, 11:49
I'd like to say I will not, but it is more then likely that I will. I do not like the Idea of finecast ( I have yet to actually to try it for myself so I cant hate it completely, but I don't like the idea of having to shave resin based models off in front room- I don't have an outside area to use- But this is the same reason I have not have any forgeworld models and I so do want a chaos mammoth....)

I'm not keen on a lot of GW practices of late (the quality of WD is dreadful nowadays, the trade embargo, the constant price hikes, finecast, Hard selling Aracknoroc's every time I go in for paint etc..) , and I have looked at other non-GW manufacturers (Mantic for instance..) but I still find GW plastics extremely good value, and to be honest they are not much more expensive then other companies-I just think places such as mantic appear cheaper as they can and will throw in free models from time to time, give out PDFs of rules etc.. They (GW) might be slightly higher a price then I'd like to pay, but then so is my mortgage! A 30-40 GW plastic kit will last me a lot longer then any other hobby purchase of the same price (Ie: I collect anime/manga, a 40 boxset will last a couple of evenings viewing) especially as I'm a very, very slow painter (I have not had to update my Gobbo WiP since last September, yet I have been working everyday on them! That is how slow I am!:D ) , and enjoy converting far more then any other part of the hobby.

I don't have anyone that I game with now, so painting and converting is about the whole of my gaming world right now. So I have no need to collect complete armies.

If GW ever made it so that I couldn't even afford to buy a new army, even with saving up my hobby money for a few weeks and buying in very very small chunks, I dont think it would stop me. I'd just go in to buying individual box sets of core troops and go back to painting up Mordheim warbands.

I'd like to make the move over to be a mantic based gamer, but I'd be in the same place I am now- Too much to paint, same amount of disposable income every month and no one that plays KoW!

Razakel
09-06-2012, 12:35
Unlikely, might go Vampire Counts or Empire, but I'm probably going to stick to Dwarves.

Vos
09-06-2012, 13:28
Not unless I can pick up most of the army cheap off e bay!

Vos

TrojanWolf
09-06-2012, 13:38
Unlikely. Currently I have three armies (Skaven, OK and WoC), and I'm looking at selling off the WoC since I've lost interest in them. Besides, between the Skaven and my Dark Eldar I've already got plenty to paint and I'd rather have that under control before I consider another army. If I get interested in another army at all.

Von Wibble
09-06-2012, 22:19
Doubtful for me considering I've 'started' just about every army out there. The only one I don't have any models for us Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves and Ogre Kingdoms. I hate Ogres and unless they re-release Dark Elves and it strikes me similar to Dark Eldar I can't see picking it up. Chaos Dwarves are too expensive for me right now.

Very unlikely for the reason given in the first sentence.

Given I have empire, tomb kings, and all 3 elves, I am simply going to be adding troops to these armies when I see a release that interests me.

Arli
10-06-2012, 04:19
I just bought a WoC army for next to nothing. I will be focusing on finishing my Lizardmen and my Ogres before getting to the WoC, O&G, and VC armies that I have sitting on the shelf. That said, If I see a really good deal on craigslist, I could see buying it.

Okuto
10-06-2012, 04:58
Highly doubt it,,,,,too expensive to start new...better just to expand at this point.....I suppose I'm lucky I play empire and orcs...

Darkspear
10-06-2012, 05:26
For me, it is No. While GW minis are still among the nicest in the world, it is far too expensive to do up an army, not to mention that WHFB is no longer as appealing as it was in the past. Collecting a random mini or a unit yes but an entire army is definitely no.

Dark Aly
10-06-2012, 05:28
i probably will even though I know I shouldn't. So far I've started one for each new edition, but I'm tempted with too many for 8th and the O&G's have amassed quickly.
4th - Undead
5th - Dwarves
6th - Empire
7th - HoC/WoC
8th - O&Gs

Lord Cedric
10-06-2012, 06:51
Most definately! Though.. just by looking at my sig my choices for a NEW army are pretty slim; Beastmen or Demons. I have been pretty tempted in collecting Beastmen so most likely that will be my next army. Though I am *always* looking for minis/units to fill out my current armies ranks (currently looking at Wood Elves, some High Elves, few Dwarfs and Dark Elves).

On top of these, I have been reading up a bit and looking at Flames of War pretty seriously (looks very interesting), Warmaster (again, looks interesting but a little shy on collecting all the Fantasy armies again...), and even Mordheim.

Now if only I can convince my wife that I am truly out to save this world and others........

- Lord Cedric

theJ
10-06-2012, 08:22
Seeing how I only just got started on my Vampire Counts... unlikely.

Even if I were to start something, it'd be 40K, what with 6th on it's way, so.... I put "very unlikely" on this one.

Miracles DO happen, and Beastmen ARE fancy, but I just don't see it happening...

Lord Solar Plexus
10-06-2012, 11:18
I'd really like to start another army if only I could decide on a faction...

N1AK
10-06-2012, 13:08
I've got 4 that I'm trying to rotate between. I've just updated my VC, am currently adding the odd bit to my O&G and will probably pick up some bits for the WOC when the new book comes out. I will not however be starting another army.

Daniel36
10-06-2012, 13:18
I regret starting Empire when I did, actually... Now I feel I need to at least get enough core units so I can play the army, otherwise it would've been a waste of money. I wish they'd re-release Wood Elves as I have enough painted models for that army. Other than that, I am pretty done with Warhammer as a game. Don't really like it too much any more. I still like the books though, for the pretty pics and background material.

Other than that, skirmish games for me from now on.

theniffrig
10-06-2012, 15:00
I'm thinking of starting a Dark Elf force for Warhammer. I got the rules last xmas, so I think it's high time I tried to get playing the game! That said, with 40k 6th edition coming out soon, I might focus on starting that up. Or I might just do both! :chrome:

Zephel
10-06-2012, 23:25
Absolutely not. I have stopped purchasing GW products all together and moved to other gaming systems that are reasonable to their loyal customers, not to mention indie stories who try to make a profit the only way they can with the non-stop price increases at ludicrous rates - offering discounts.

NecronBob
11-06-2012, 20:38
I'm thinking that I'll start playing 40k again with the new edition. I have a large group of fantasy players to play with, but it's hard for me to find anyone that has any desire for 40k. I've also been put off by some of the current rules. I'm hoping the new edition energizes a few players who have dropped out of the game. If so, I'll probably bring my Necrons into the modern age (which will mean buying pretty much a whole new Necron army).

Edit: I assumed this meant Warhammer army of any type. If this just meant, Fantasy. Then, no. I have plenty of Fantasy armies (HE, TK, Dwarfs).

Keryso
12-06-2012, 16:53
i have 2 armies in my head that i might make soon,

a corsair dark elf army with lokhi fellheart
a dark eldar homonculous army

The bearded one
12-06-2012, 17:53
I just started a new one, so chalk that one up to 'very likely'

Spiney Norman
12-06-2012, 18:37
The reality is I'm never likely to start a new warhammer army, I already have 5 and there are no others I feel particularly drawn to.

The last time I started a new army was Dark Eldar for 40K when the last book came out and I've just about got a painted 1000 pt force together from slowly buying, building and painting as I go. I don't have the money to start a new army in a short space of time, let alone the time to paint, if I can afford one new kit a month that is good going, and with prices going up all the time it will soon become one new kit every two months.

I'm already at the point where updating the armies I have requires more time/money than I can afford (though is mainly because 4 of the armies I play across the two systems have had new books in the last year), so starting a new army is not even on my radar.

SteelTitan
13-06-2012, 08:59
I have about 4000 points worth of VC and even though I don't use all the models, I'm still expanding it slowly to finish certain (2.5k) lists I want to play (next up: 120 Mantic Zombies). I have about the same for Empire but haven't done anything (purchase-wise) to update it to the new book. My 2000 point Lizardmen I'm not drawn to at all. I might start that up when the new book comes out.

Just a couple of months ago, I was thinking which army might appeal to me as a next army (as soon as they're updated of course) and really liked the idea of a hard hitting warriors army. However, with the recent price increase (and the ones before that), it becomes more and more of a principle thing to NOT start an army. Updating one I'm ok with (while incorporating as many secondhand and alternative models as I can find / like), but the cost of starting a new WFB army from scratch...muhhh. Very very unlikely and a sure no in this 6 months timeframe.

Same with 40k once the new edition is released. I have three armies and I'm not sure how much I want to invest in the game anymore (prefer WFB).

I'm really hoping I will start liking Warmachine more and more once I build up my army a little more (to 35 points) so that I'm less interested in starting new GW armies.

panic_puppet
13-06-2012, 10:47
Not for me. I've got two armies each for WFB and 40k, 1 main and 1 secondary (TK and Brets for fantasy, Blood Angels and Tau for 40k), and I've tried to ensure they're as different as possible. Net result is that I can rotate units to try things out, not to mention the armies themselves, to keep things fresh. Any fantasy purchases will be confined to building my Bretonnians out (only got 1,500 at the moment)

Bingo the Fun Monkey
14-06-2012, 11:28
I will definitely be adding a "Savage Forest" contingent to my existing Greenskin Waaagh! under a different Warboss in the fluff in the next 6 months. It's not technically a new army, so I guess, no: I will not be starting a new Warhammer army in the next 6 months.

Then again...my gaming group is amiable to adding 25% Allies which means I might find myself with 1000 points of Skaven auxiliaries. Even so, having the full Golgfag Maneater and the Finecast Maneaters would probably be more likely than having a Clan Moulder contingent.