PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elves fun list, Storm of Magic Campaign

Antipathy
08-06-2012, 10:55
This is intended to be the basis of a fun army but with a slightly competitive edge as I do enjoy winning a few games.

I have made some modifications to the list, and this is based off what I can remember, so points may be off slightly but this is the base idea of the list. I think it came to 5K, with 1250 split between monsters and magic allowance.

Twilight Sisters, Eagle
Beastweaver, L4, Rhymers Harp
Lifweaver, L4, Wand of Wych Elm

BSB, Wildfire Blades, Moonstone of Hidden Ways
Noble, Dawnspear, Potion Of Strength
L2, Feedback Scroll
Branchwraith, Cluster

20 GG, Musician, SB, Eternal Flame
10 Gg, Musician
10 Gg, Musician
10 Gg, Musician
10 Scouts, SB
10 Scouts, SB
5 riders
5 riders
5 riders
5 riders
8 dryads
8 dryads
8 dryads
8 dryads

5 wild riders, full command
60ish Eternal Guard, Razor Standard, Full command

eagle
eagle
eagle
eagle

White sistrum (lifeweaver)
windcatcher (beastweaver)
10 Harpies
10 Harpies
2 Royal Unicorn
2 royal unicorns
3 great stags
preyton, frenzy.

A lot of copy paste involved to allow me to field the most armies in the campaign, as units are taken from the main army list. Early campaign this allows me to gain the most ground. As for game play, the eternal guard sit with the 2 nobles and beastweaver, looking for buffs to help with their 5+/5++.

Big archers sit with the lifeweaver with los to the eg. Other archers support fire and redirect, scouts and vanguard hunt war machines, wild riders, eagles and sisters (who use archery to target hordes and keep map control) and combined charges to decimate enemy targets drawn out of the battleline, while dryads form a mobile reserve to counter charge.

In SoM Preyton helps Wild Riders or War Machine Hunters, along with Harpies. Stags and Unicirns aid wild riders or dryads.

Windcatcher buffs eg, and the sistrum gives the big gg poison, as well as granting frenzy to the eg (and any other nearby units), and gives loremaster shadow to allow pit, and mindrazor. GG now have poisoned flaming attacks, leading to relatively easy monster killing.

Opinions/errors?

And please excuse the lack of proper formating, Im using my phone and its a ballache.