PDA

View Full Version : Ghoul King themed army, 2k VC = many monsters

mr_gosh_the_return
08-06-2012, 21:32
This is my latest idea for a vampire counts army, not sure if it would work and wanted some opinions from the experts. The plan is the main line of ghouls and crypt horrors advance forward with the vargheists and vargulfs hitting a flank. At the other side of the board the zombies tarpit boosted by the necromancer. The ghoul king is there to plug holes and add the odd invocation. The BSB goes in with the ghould unless there looks to be a combat they can't handle, in which case he would drop back.

Strigoi Ghoul King, Terrorgheist, Infested,

Vampire, +1 caster level,,BSB, Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield, Seeds of Rebirth

Necromancer, Dispel Scroll

60 Zombies, standard, musician

30 Crypt Ghouls, Crypt Ghast

6 Crypt Horrors

3 Vargheists

Vargulf

Vargulf

If anyone can suggest a way of writing a better monster/monsterous infantry heavy list with vamp counts, please help.

ftayl5
08-06-2012, 23:27
I like it. Good luck.

Soundwave
09-06-2012, 00:55
Thats a great design there.You could also keep the varghiest beside your ghoul king to fly straight up and assail any smaller units on the flanks then get behind the enemy take out any war machines.Kinda taking little bites to leave a big juicy center where these speedy monsters can launch a combined charge from different angles.It is an aggressive style list so dont be scared to play to its feel.

madival
09-06-2012, 03:09
What does the bsb really due for you ? Give him a magic standard or something. Eternal flame will make those ghouls kill anything with a regen save.

mr_gosh_the_return
09-06-2012, 18:06
Was thinking of adding a warriors bane and dragonbane gem to the Ghoul king, and giving him a potion of foolhardiness for if he actually has to fight something, but if the rebuild on the BSB would work better, as his function is to buff whichever unit is needed.

hazmiter
10-06-2012, 12:33
Your magic phase will suffer I think.
The extra lv on vampire? But not on necro?????