PDA

View Full Version : Eye of the gods

victorvictor6
09-06-2012, 08:28
Quick questions about a warshire putting the eye of the gods on a unit with characters in that unit

If you have any of these following effects by items or spells listed below on the unit or on a unit with a characters can you reroll your eyes of the gods if you get the same effect?

Terror banner of wailing
MR3 item
Lore of death spell that cause fear or terror.

Also another question
Just got my WoC down from loft, need to play again.

(First off, 1's always fail)

Iron hard skin in the Army rule book says max AS +0 (model skin turns to metal etc) but main rule book says max AS +1.
(RAW, Army rule book over rules Main rule Book.)
What do you do when this EOTG get put on your Chaos knight, is it another eye closed, as it has no effect. If Main rule book win outs!!

hazmiter
09-06-2012, 10:23
EotG.
Wailing banner rerolls 10 and 11.
Stupidity has its limits, so get it once, and re roll after that.
Armour save can become 0+, the warshrine is the only way this can be done.
Chosen get to reroll 2 and 7 before game starts.
Any result you already have can be rerolled, but only if running dual warshrines as to do the rainbow again, you remove the current one.
Also, mr3 item does not grant a reroll there, more does aspect of the dreadknight, I think......

Gradek
09-06-2012, 10:35
I would disagree on the stupidity. I think the idea is that if you roll a '2' you are done (even if you already have stupidity).

RanaldLoec
09-06-2012, 11:26
I would disagree on the stupidity. I think the idea is that if you roll a '2' you are done (even if you already have stupidity).

You can rerollable a 2 during the game if you have already rolled that result.

victorvictor6
09-06-2012, 12:23
Thank you, for the replies.
I was double checking on wailing banner , :) now.
I was unsure on the AS lowerthan +1 due to the wording in the main rule book on AS. :) now.
Dread knight spell , it makes sense that if that is on a unit when it get an eotg that can do get a reroll for fear and terror:)
Lodestone , I was hoping that as it was a MR3 it does grant a reroll BUT if it does not. I'm still happy but if that also changes. Happy days for WoC.

Sarge.au
09-06-2012, 16:08
EotG.
Armour save can become 0+, the warshrine is the only way this can be done.

Not anymore.

Page 43 – Saving Throws
Change the third paragraph to “Note that a save of any kind
can never be better than 1+. This does not prevent a model
having items or special rules that would take the save even
lower, it simply caps the saving throw at 1+. Also, remember
that a roll of 1 is always a failure.”

First page of the 1.5 Rulebook FAQ.

hazmiter
10-06-2012, 04:24
Warriors of chaos FAQ over writes that.
The army book supercedes rules in this case.

Sarge.au
11-06-2012, 11:03
Nothing in the WoC FAQ about it. Also, there is no superceding, the blessing is a special rule that gives the model a 0+ AS, which is allowed, but the saving throw is capped at 1+. You can (theoretically) have a -20+ AS, but when you make the throw, it will be recapped to 1+.

hazmiter
11-06-2012, 11:35
It does allow you to have a 2+ sv vs str5 though.

Sarge.au
12-06-2012, 00:21
3+ vs str5. Armour Save != Save Throw.

AMWOOD co
12-06-2012, 01:59
Not anymore.
[skip]
First page of the 1.5 Rulebook FAQ.

What difference does it make if the Rulebook's Errata makes it or the Rulebook itself? The fact of the matter is that the specific rules like the Eye of the Gods table, the Rulebook is (begin pun) overruled by an army book. It is only for this particular case -- so you can't get it by having a Lord on a Juggernaut with a shield, that would follow the maximum of 1+ rule, though if he were to later get the result on the Eye of the Gods table, he would then gain a 0+ maximum armour save.

Rudra34
12-06-2012, 02:14
I have to agree that the tables gives a possible 0+ armor save. The BRB caps armor at 1+, but we are also told that army book always overrules BRB. For this reason, a 0+ is indeed possible, and only obtainable, through a roll of 6 on the EotG table.

I would hate to let this play in a game (because it would be hard to counter!), but it seems to be perfectly legal.

hazmiter
12-06-2012, 02:20
Chaos knights with warshrine iron hard skin.
0+ as vs str 5 = 2+ save.

Sarge.au
12-06-2012, 03:51
What difference does it make if the Rulebook's Errata makes it or the Rulebook itself? The fact of the matter is that the specific rules like the Eye of the Gods table, the Rulebook is (begin pun) overruled by an army book. It is only for this particular case -- so you can't get it by having a Lord on a Juggernaut with a shield, that would follow the maximum of 1+ rule, though if he were to later get the result on the Eye of the Gods table, he would then gain a 0+ maximum armour save.

I have to agree that the tables gives a possible 0+ armor save. The BRB caps armor at 1+, but we are also told that army book always overrules BRB. For this reason, a 0+ is indeed possible, and only obtainable, through a roll of 6 on the EotG table.

That is the point though, that rule was errata'd, now you CAN have lower than 1+ AS from items. You CAN have a 0+, -1+, -2+ etc as the rule now allows you to have them if given by items or special rules. However, when making a save, you are capped at +1 for the saving throw, regardless of what your AS is. As I said, Armour Save is NOT the same as a Saving Throw. This being the case, the Army Book has nothing to over-rule. Yes, a Chaos Knight has a 0+ AS when he has this buff, no one is disputing that and that is what the blessing does, however, when making a saving throw it is adjusted to the cap of 1+ for the purposes of the saving throw only.

Rudra34
12-06-2012, 03:57
I respectfully disagree to the difference between the wording of armor save and saving throw.

hazmiter
12-06-2012, 04:03
Well before this becomes a big rant, let's leave it at that shall we, the blessing increase odds of making a 2+ vs high str.

Sarge.au
12-06-2012, 04:08
I respectfully disagree to the difference between the wording of armor save and saving throw.

I think that is the problem though, the lines

This does not prevent a model
having items or special rules that would take the save even
lower, it simply caps the saving throw at 1+.

Seems pretty clear about the distinction to me.