PDA

View Full Version : Can't Touch This: Vampire Counts 2500

vinny t
09-06-2012, 16:26
Ok, so I was looking through the book, and I realized that Vampires certainly had a lot of Ethereal units. Now, I understand that against demons, you are basically looking at an auto-lose, if you use only ethereals and magic support, so this list has a smattering of buffer units, redirectors, and of course, lots and lots of ghosts. Here goes...

Ghoul King on Terrorgheist with red Fury, 4+ Ward, and Sword of Strength
- He is the beatstick. He erases units in combat, and the Death Shriek makes him a long range threat that cannot be ignored. In my last game against TK, he accounted for, by himself, 7 chariots, 3 Necroknights, 4 Carrion, and a Warsphinx. He also survived the battle.

Necromancer lvl 2 with dispel scroll
- I love having the scroll, and his job is to simply resurrect dead zombies

59 Skeletons with full command and fear banner
- Have to make core, and I own a bunch of skeletons (necro goes here)

30 Zombies with standard
- light tarpit, and necessary for blood and glory

30 Zombies with standard

30 Zombies with standard

7 Hexwraiths
- Perfect for character assassination, killing small units, and basically being untouchable

7 Hexwraiths
- More of the same.

6 Hexwraiths
- redundancy is awesome

4 Cairn Wraiths
- 12 S5 attacks is wonderful

4 Cairn Wraiths
- Backup unit

So, I understand that this list has some inherent weaknesses (light magic and demons, to name two), but against certain armies it will be unstoppable. This is the kind of list that does either super super well, or just gets the crap kicked out of it. I've tried to mitigate some weaknesses by including the super ghoul king, but the underlying problem still remains. Still, I think it is a cool idea for a list.

How would you improve it, and what are your thoughts on the concept?

mr_gosh_the_return
09-06-2012, 18:09
30 zombies won't tarpit, they'll die. make them 2 units of 45. Not sure about the rest as not played with any etheral units. Good luck though!