PDA

View Full Version : 3k Empire - Borgenhof

mike20
09-06-2012, 21:57
Hey, this is a 3k list i put together, supposed to be all comers, but Ill mostly be playing High elves (60%), lizards (20%), and demons (20%)

The elf list is something like 2x spear blocks, pheonix guard, white lions, 8 eagles, around 2-3 dragons and some cav. (and no more than 1 RBT)
no idea what the lizards and demons will be like.

Here it is.

Lords:

Arch Lector + War Altar: HA, Dragonhelm, Pidgeon Plucker Pendant -273

Wizard Lord(lvl 4) + Luminark: dragonbane - 325

Heroes

Captain - FP, En.Sh., luckstone, BSB -96

Master Engineer -65

Core

Spears (40) : musician, banner - 370
Det - (10) halberd
Det - (10) x-bow

Spears (40) : musician, banner - 315
Det - (10) halberd
Det - (5) archer

CrossBow (10) : -90

Special

DemiGryphs (4) : musician -242

GreatSwords (30) : musician, banner - 350

Great Cannon -120

Rare

Helblaster -120

Hurricanum -130

Steam Tank -250

Steam Tank -250

Total: 3001

So the general idea is to buff the infantry anvil with all the wagons and have the stanks and DG as the hammer. Archers are chaff or redirectors) I am unsure whether to put the wizard lord on lumuniark, or hurricanum, but I think light might be a bit more beneficial. The only reason hes mounted is because I didnt have enough points to have him unmounted. Any thoughts or suggestions where I can cut or change

cheers

Morax
11-06-2012, 15:28
Comments will be in cyan

Hey, this is a 3k list i put together, supposed to be all comers, but Ill mostly be playing High elves (60%), lizards (20%), and demons (20%)

The elf list is something like 2x spear blocks, pheonix guard, white lions, 8 eagles, around 2-3 dragons and some cav. (and no more than 1 RBT)
no idea what the lizards and demons will be like.
I'll try to keep in mind the armies you are likely to be playing.
Here it is.

Lords:

Arch Lector + War Altar: HA, Dragonhelm, Pidgeon Plucker Pendant -273
Is the lack of a shield a typo? Seeing as he isn't equiped with a great weaon he deserves the protection of a shield for all the multitude of things he does for you.

Wizard Lord(lvl 4) + Luminark: dragonbane - 325
Keep him on the Luminark if you are looking to include both wizardwagons. Between Light and Heavens, Light will be much more usefull with the likes of spearmen. Also the double useage of banishment will be quite effective against the demons and highelves. Magic missles can be truely punishing against highelves, particularly 2d6 strength 5 ones.

Heroes

Captain - FP, En.Sh., luckstone, BSB -96
A fine way to keep him cheap, going with the luckstone over the dawnstone. If you find the extra points however, you should upgrade it asap. The other option is to take a 4++ on him and go expensive. When he winds up fight bloodletters as he is likely to do, that ward save will come in handy against those killing blows.

Master Engineer -65
A must have when taking a hellblaster.

Core

Spears (40) : musician, banner - 370
Det - (10) halberd
Det - (10) x-bow

Spears (40) : musician, banner - 315
Det - (10) halberd
Det - (5) archer
Detachments now need to have a plan. They cost too many points to not. 10 halberdier detachments are not going to pack enough of a punch to make much of a difference. They also are going to have a hard time staying alive with only 10 wound between them against the units they are likely to be facing. Saurus, daemonettes, bloodletters, and every highelf unit all preform well enough to the flank to fight off 10 halberdiers. Inorder to get them to have an impact, you would need closer to 20 of them in the flank. If you are not willing to spend those kinds of points on detachments, and I don't blame you if you don't, go with chaff units of detachments like your archers. You will need more then one unit of chaff to get the job done anyway as all three of the armies you listed as opponents have excellent ways of killing chaff. Quantity has a qualitiy all its own.

CrossBow (10) : -90
What is their purpose here? If it's just to fill out your core tax, you would likely be better served with making your combat detachments effective with these points.

Special

DemiGryphs (4) : musician -242
4 DemiGryphs are a bit unwieldly. They are as wide as an infantry horde without the hitting power. Losing one still causes a panic check and it is going to be rough getting them into the flank of enemy units and getting all of their attacks. The also lack the staying power that a unit of 6 would have keeping them from being a main line unit. I'd suggest either droping one or bumping the unit size up to 6. Either would be good and have a clearly defined purpose in the list.

GreatSwords (30) : musician, banner - 350
T3 and a 4+ while striking last makes these guys quite fragile. While light does toughen them up some with a possible -1 to hit and WS10, they still are stuck with low saves and a low toughness. You really need more bodies in this unit if you are going to see any kind of strong opposition. A unit of 40 or so would be best.

Great Cannon -120

Rare

Helblaster -120

Hurricanum -130

Steam Tank -250

Steam Tank -250
From the cannon down, I think they are all good choices. A fair ammount of artillery that should lead to thinner ranks of infantry for your opponents. Don't over-estimate how effective your hellblaster will be against the demons, that 5++ save they have can't be modified and that will keep more of them alive then you expect unless you are careful. Best to aim it at smaller units of flankers to try to keep the demons from getting flanks or tying up your hammers and going with the combo charges.

Total: 3001

So the general idea is to buff the infantry anvil with all the wagons and have the stanks and DG as the hammer. Archers are chaff or redirectors) I am unsure whether to put the wizard lord on lumuniark, or hurricanum, but I think light might be a bit more beneficial. The only reason hes mounted is because I didnt have enough points to have him unmounted. Any thoughts or suggestions where I can cut or change

cheers

A solid list with a clear gameplan, just needs a bit of revision.

mike20
11-06-2012, 19:07
Here is an edit of the list. Dropping the detachments, x-bows and switching spears to halberd will give me more punch in the infantry block. 4 units of chaff should do much better and might be able to take out some of those pesky eagles ill be facing so much. I had x-bows because i figured they would be great eagle killers (as he actually has 8 of the damn things) and partly for nostalgia

Lords:

Arch Lector + War Altar: HA, En.Sh, dragonbane -264

Wizard Lord (lvl 4, LIFE): Pigeon Plucker Pendant- 205

Heroes

Captain - FP, Dragonhelm, shield, luckstone, BSB -113

Core

Halberds (48) : musician, banner - 378
Det - (5) archer
Det - (5) archer

Halberds (48) : musician, banner - 378
Det - (5) archer
Det - (5) archer

Special

Cannon : - 120

Outriders (5) : -105

DemiGryphs (3) : musician -184

GreatSwords (39) : musician, banner - 460

Rare

Luminark -120

Hurricanum -130

Steam Tank -250

Steam Tank -250

Total: 2957

So im a bit over for points, any cuts would be good. Since I have no real shooting units dropped x-bows, and archers dont count for much I added a unit of outriders which should be useful against the elven eagles. They also give me some mobile firepower that I lost form the x-bows. The goal with the BSB was to keep him behind the lines, but he should be ok in a unit of halberds. I understand the swords could get slaughtered in a unit of 30, but where to find the 110 points to add 10 more? I could drop the outriders and make most o the points, but then i lose my best chaff killer. Or a cannon could go and the stanks would have to pick up the slack. As it stands all three armies im facing are buitl aggressive so I will mostly be playing defensively when the mission allows it. The canon would make the points for greatswords and my surplus...whats more beneficial 5x outriders or a 3rd cannon?

mike20
11-06-2012, 19:16

also, a pic of the borgenhof cav i have painted, but dont intend on using, lol :) ( i know if i left them last they would never get done!)

mike20
13-06-2012, 17:44
edit: took out the cannon to add 10x GS, but stil 20 pts over, where to cut next? and are two cannons enough...i can devot 1 steampt to mvt, and 3 to cannon range if necessary....also a cannon would be quite vulnerable to the 8 eagles the HE player is fielding (which is why i opted for 5x outriders over a 3rd cannon)

mike20
21-06-2012, 22:15
updated:

added in a cannon and dropped the HB+engineer
I ahve 43 points left to splurge...where to? perhaps equipment?

Juicy21
26-06-2012, 13:00
You might want to drop 1 steamtank and add a unit of knights 2 steamtanks seems a bit to mutch i think 10 knights wil be a lot better