PDA

View Full Version : Revised Slaanesh list, comments appreciated.

Rasclomalum
10-06-2012, 09:44
List laid out in terms of units:

Unit 1: Anvil unit with some punch:

Jarl of the Sortsvinaer: Chaos Lord. Mark of Slaanesh, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield, Chaos Runesword, Word of Agony. 355 points

A close combat monster built for breaking faces and whispering dark secrets of doom in the ears of annoying enemy characters.

The Jarlsguard: 23 Chaos Warriors. Mark of Slaanesh, Full Command, Shields, Blasted Standard. 448 points

Born to be alive. Six wide, four deep, Lord up front.

Unit 2: Hammer of Decadence:

Exalted Hero. Mark of Slaanesh, Battle Standard, Halberd, Shield, Dragonhelm, Talisman of Endurance, Ironcurse Icon, Stream of Corruption. 214 points.

Another close combat monster.

The Bannerguard: 20 Chaos Warriors. Mark of Slaanesh, Full Command, Halberds, Shields, Banner of Eternal Flame. 390 points.

Seven wide, three deep, BSB up front.

Unit 3: Vanguard Corruptors of the Mind:

Chaos Sorcerer. Mark of Slaanesh, Level 2 Wizard, Talisman of Protection, Infernal Puppet, Conjoined Homunculus, Steed of Slaanesh. 220 points.

Hey, as long as they aren't ItP...

5 Marauder Horsemen. Mark of Slaanesh, Musician, Light Armour, Flails, Throwing Spears. 101 points.

Adds some ranged potential and helps the sorcerer do his job.

Beasts amongst beauties:

6 Chaos Trolls. 270 points.

Just to add some punch that is faster than the regular foot sloggers.

Rare specimens of excessive glory:

Giant. Mark of Slaanesh. 265 points.

Warshrine. Mark of Slaanesh. 140 points.

Chaff.

3 units of 5 Warhounds each. 90 points.

GRAND TOTAL: 2493 points.

What tweaks and replacements would you suggest?

Rasclomalum
11-06-2012, 14:51
Questions:

Do the characters look alright?

Are there better banners for me to pick for my units?

Should the trolls be replaced by knights?

EcoWarrior
11-06-2012, 17:34
Anvils should be 5 wide btw, you want to minimize damage. I dont play chaos but im going to ask you the basics of your units.
What is the point of your Lord in the anvil unit ? wouldent he be better off in an offensive unit ? There is no need for a champion in the anvil. Dont make it a half anvil half something else (offence); focus on making it good at 1 thing so it does its job properly.
That is a very small unit to put your sorc in. Most players would rather choose lvl 4 wizard over combat lord imo especially since your chaos. I cant see the point in taking anything but a Lv4 sorc because you will get next to nothing off and probably wont dispel anything either.
I personally think giants are overpriced and they really suck, its not hard to wound something T5 with no saves.
In place of your trolls and giants i would put a unit of chaos knights personally. They are big bad ****'s x15 of them or x14 and a hero is like a wrecking truck. magical weapons so any1 who wants to say look im a pretty etheral fairy you just slap them in the face.
By all means i might be wrong but thats just my opinion looking at your list

Rasclomalum
12-06-2012, 16:47
Right then, so this should be more along your suggestions:

Lord: Sorceror Lord. Mark of Slaanesh, Level 4 Wizard, Talisman of Preservation, Infernal Puppet, Charmed Shield, Relic Sword, Diabolic Splendour. 405 points.

Lord's Bunker: 19 Warriors of Chaos. Mark of Slaanesh, Shields, Full Command, Wailing Banner. 394 points.

And they shall know fear!

BSB: Battle Standard, Mark of Slaanesh, Dragonhelm, Shield, Halberd, Ironcurse Icon, Stream of Corruption, Talisman of Endurance: 214 points.

BSB's Bunker: 20 Warriors of Chaos, Mark of Slaanesh, Shields, Halberds, Full Command, Banner of Rage: 415 points

Leading the knights: Exalted Hero, Mark of Slaanesh, Enchanted Shield, Halberd, Steed of Slaanesh: 149 points.

Knights. 14 Chaos Knights. Mark of Slaanesh, Musician, Standard Bearer, Blasted Standard: 640 points

Dual Warshrines of Slaanesh: 280 points.

TOTAL: 2497 points

EcoWarrior
12-06-2012, 18:10
with the sorc i wouldent worry to much about the 4+ ward and throw that on the BSB, no need for wailing banner, your scary enough as it is. Your focus is to get them into combat! you dont want them running away so you do a failed charge and have another turn were they can shoot at you. Also get rid of warshrines, 280 points just for your unit champions :\ just doesnt cut it, With that you could make a massive tarpit unit of marauders. or throw in a Hellcannon. Now you might think meh hellcannon is to un reliable but when people see them they go oh S**T and try to focus some magic/shooting off on it which will detour it away from your smashy smashy units. The few final changes i personally would make are...
1) get rid of champions (+1 attack 12pts not worth it) in units (maybe keep the one in the bsb unit for challenges) and warshrines = 292 points
- If you do this i would take a few points from this lump and make a cheap bunker of mauraders for the sorc to sit in behind the units of warriors (buffing and hexing units)
- With the rest you could invest in hellcannons (althought personally i say 2 or none) or cheap tarpit units of mauraders or whatever nasty thing chaos have. 'never underestimate mauraders and thier cheapness WS4 I4 4 points is a big must imo
2) get rid of wailing banner = 50 points
- find 22 more points and you have yourself 2 units of warhounds for obvious reasons
3)give your bsb the Talisman of presevation, charmed shield, get rid of iron curse and talisman of endurance, infernal puppet(its to temprimental, what if they dont miscast or ignore thier first miscast) also the dragon helm = 80 points
- With these 80 points maybe make your shield unit a little bit larger and still have some points spare)
4) put your bsb in the unit with shields a bump them up a little bit by a few models (if you choose a magic banner, what would keep them doing thier job 'taking a beating or dishing it out' best; or just leave it if there is no banner which i personally would).

I cant see anything wrong with your knights, they will just rip **** up. But just have a think about what i said all those spare points you will have to play with that could benifit the main units of your army making them better but not over spending, dont waste so much on the sorc he will be away from danger behind your chaos warriors or whatever other tarpits or wrecking balls you have. Maybe im wrong about the warshrines but i really dont see them justifying thier points. Use those halberd warriors to flank whatever your shield take head on. Be carefull with frenzy, it can lead you into situations you dont want exposing your flanks but if you play it right it makes them insane in combat.