PDA

View Full Version : War machine questions

monkey10120
10-06-2012, 18:46
1. Does a mortor have the same rules as a cannon or a stone thrower?

2. When do you use the artillery dice vs 2d6?

Mr_Rose
10-06-2012, 20:09
1. No.

2. When the rules of the weapon tell you to.

N.B. This forum is for resolving ambiguities and conflicts between rules, not handin out basic rules verbatim from the rulebook; "fishing" for rules in this manner is thus discouraged.

monkey10120
10-06-2012, 20:28
The reason I asked the question is because mortars are not explained anywhere in the brb. In real life mortars behave more like stone throwers than cannons.
Edit: I finally found it in my friends skaven rule book.They are treated like stone throwers.

And sometimes in the army books it does not always provide a clear explanation whether you use the artillery dice or not.

drdenner
10-06-2012, 21:23
You realy need to read the Rule book and your army books. It ALWAYS says when to use the arti dice.

Karolinen
02-07-2012, 21:39
Hmmm

In the Skaven book they talk about Poisoned Wind Mortar. p63 Skaven book.
It fires like a stone-thrower with some exceptions.

In the old Empire book p45, Mortars follow the rules for war-mashines. And then som exceptions....

Lorcryst
03-07-2012, 12:23
The only "true" Mortars are in the new Empire Army Book ... Poisonned Wind Mortars from the Skaven Book are a contraption with special rules.

You'll find the relevant rules for Mortars in the Empire Army Book, but since I haven't bought it yet, I cannot give you a page reference.