PDA

View Full Version : Wind Blast

Furls
10-06-2012, 22:36
It says on page 27 of the main rulebook that units are not permitted to move off the board except when fleeing or pursuing.

On Friday I was playing a battle (and was not aware of the above rule). A skink priest cast a wind blast that blew my tomb guard off the table giving my opponent the win. Is this a valid use of the spell? Is there another rule someone that allows you to force models off the board?

Mostream
10-06-2012, 23:38
Since you are not allowed to move off the board in this instance the table edge could either be classified as impassable terrain [BRB page 116 'impassable terrain'] and you would stop when in contact and take damage or you would just stop and not take damage since you could argue the spell description doesn't cover this situation.

Jim
13-06-2012, 16:13
Since you are not allowed to move off the board in this instance the table edge could either be classified as impassable terrain [BRB page 116 'impassable terrain'] and you would stop when in contact and take damage or you would just stop and not take damage since you could argue the spell description doesn't cover this situation.

+1 My understanding is the same as this ie Table edge = Impassable Terrain and you take damage as per description in the spell you do NOT 'disappear'...

Jim

pointyteeth
13-06-2012, 17:26
I believe it states right in the spell description that if the unit touches the board edge it stops and takes hits as if it hit impassable terrain but doesn't leave the table.

edit: oops my mistake, it doesn't say that.

T10
14-06-2012, 09:50
The table edge isn't classed as impassable terrain (it was in 7th edition). But there are no rules that dictate that units forced across the table edge are removed, either. Treating it as impassable terrain (except for when units are specifically allowed to leave) solves a lot of problems.

BooTMGSG
14-06-2012, 10:21
I think only one of the senarios have it as impasible terain, battle for the pass.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but if you pursuit off the table, you are permited to march back on the following turn.
This would seem to be the best apporach withwind blast, instead of the hits