PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts WoC for local tourny

B-ROCK
11-06-2012, 08:28
2000 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Sorcerer Lord, 360 pts (General; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
Shrieking Blade
Enchanted Shield
Spell Familiar
Talisman of Preservation
Ironcurse Icon
The Lore of Shadow

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch 200 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer)
Biting Blade
Dragonhelm
Talisman of Endurance
Favour of the Gods

Chaos Sorcerer 235 pts ( Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
Disc of Tzeentch (Flaming Attacks; Causes Fear; Flyer)
Dispel Scroll
Golden Eye of Tzeentch
Third Eye of Tzeentch

34 Chaos Warriors 597 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
Standard of Discipline

45 Chaos Marauders 302 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)

Chaos Warshrine 150 pts (Mark of Tzeentch)

Chaos Warshrine 150 pts (Mark of Tzeentch)

Rosstifer
11-06-2012, 09:21
Seems a little small. 5 deployments is tiny! Still, it does what it does well no doubt, no ones getting through that many Chaos Warriors easily, and Mindrazor will let you kill anything. Still, are you not a bit worried the Chaos Warriors will simply get redirected and chase shadows all game?

dms505
11-06-2012, 10:24
With 2 shrines and low number of units he is just going for a death star. It will win a lot but against certain armies it will get destroyed also. Not to mention it's cheese so he won't win any awards for best general, army or most fun to play against. But then again a lot of people don't care about those little extras if they win.

But even then I agree with Ross. With so few units most enemies will easily be able to do 1 or 2 flanks and even possibly a back charge on the warrior-star unit. Need some sort of redirection or at least something to force charges away from the flanks for at least 1 turn while the warriors mow through 1 or 2 other units. Dogs are ok but I don't think they could hold long enough but they could possibly divert a charge for a turn. Maybe dump an character item or two for a couple dog units or marauder horsemen if you have those models. While focusing on the deathstar type unit loading up characters is much less important when they are sitting in the unit.

B-ROCK
12-06-2012, 09:10
if you could build with what i am running here, show me what you would run

Rosstifer
12-06-2012, 09:29
Are those the only WOC Models you own?

Moss
12-06-2012, 16:03
Are you really looking for advice on how to change the list or were you just looking for a yes/no on whether it will work?

If it's the latter, my vote is no. I mean, like everyone else has said, you CAN win against some armies (and it won't even be close), but a vast majority of lists that aren't even specifically tooled gainst you will beat you.

If you're really looking for potential changes, I'd say that with so few units, those warshrines are toast, which will make it even easier to surround and kill the warriors. I'm sure you want to keep your deathstar, but you still need more units. However you want to free up points, go for it. Some possibilities I'm thinking:
-drop the lvl 2 (my favorite option; your other two characters are necessary for the list, and are perfect the way they are)
-shave a few warriors or marauders off (my least favorite option since the marauders need the model count and since shaving warriors off makes it not very deathstarry)
-drop a warshrine
With the points, pick up a few units of hounds or marauder horsemen. 95pts will give you a unit of each.