PDA

View Full Version : Vampire fun, 2000 pts List.

Texhnolyze
11-06-2012, 09:58
Hey!

So I got a game or 3 comming up this weekend, the games will be around the 2k mark.
I can end up playing any one of the following armies: Beastmen, Dwarves, WoC, High Elves, Orcs, Ogres.

Anyway, I'm playing mostly for fun, but ofc I want to have an ok shot at winning :D

This is the list I'm planing to bring, what tweeks can I make to improve it slightly?

Vampire Lord:361
Lv2, Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Protection, Red Fury, Lore of Vampires

Vampire:196
Heavy Armour, Shield, Lv2, Lore of Fire (fbl), Ruby Ring of Fury

Necromancer:125
Dispel Scroll, Lv2, Lore of Vampires

30 Skeleton Warriors:180
Full command

30 Skeleton Warriors:180
Full command

10 Dire Wolves:xxx

20 Zombies:xxx

(Yes they are a smaller unit, deployed 3x6 with one of the vampires)
17 Grave Guards:234
Full Command, Great Weapons

6 Crypt Horrors:xxx

Varghulf:xxx

Varghulf:xxx

Total1994

dms505
11-06-2012, 10:16
Shouldn't you have a Battle Standard? I don't play VC but I thought that was important to help minimize crumbling? Especially in small to medium undead units.

Texhnolyze
11-06-2012, 10:20
Shouldn't you have a Battle Standard? I don't play VC but I thought that was important to help minimize crumbling? Especially in small to medium undead units.

Na, it's just gona prevent 1 crumble wound, The VC bsb is a bad investment imo, unless you run a lot of frenzy units.

madival
11-06-2012, 15:53
Those 17 grave guard will do nothing. Drop them. Get a magic.weapon on that combat lord like sword of strife or obsidian blade. Beef them zombies up, splits the dire wolves into two drops for chaff and redirect duty. Your little vampire isn't that awesome for his points. If you don't have an l4, get a mortis engine with time. Will beef your magic a lot and protect your units at the same time. Zombies with saves are incredibly tough.