PDA

View Full Version : Killing blow vs monstrous cavalry characters?

Mostream
11-06-2012, 15:05
According to the BRB killing blow does not affect monstrous anything, but does the below FaQ answer allow a killing blow attack to work against an originally infantry character that has been mounted on a monstrous beast giving the unit a new troop type?

Characters
Q: Does a character have a troop type? If yes, do all of the rules that apply to that troop type apply to the character? And will the character be affected by special attacks or spells that affect that troop type? (p96) A: Yes to all questions

GotrekFan
11-06-2012, 17:37
Q: Does Killing Blow work against a mounted character regardless of what he is mounted on? (p72)
A: Yes, as long as the character would count as an infantry model if it wasn’t mounted.

I think this answers your question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostream
11-06-2012, 18:03
Yeah, saw it further up the FaQ after posting the thread... :)

T10
12-06-2012, 08:25
That particular FAQ entry seems to be a case of edition hangover. From the rule book it is quite obvious that an infantry character mounted on a monstrous beast is a model with the monstrous cavalry troop type and thus immune to killing blow. However, back in 7th edition characters were typically susceptible to killing blow even when mounted. For some reason the guy answering the FAQ seemed to think the same rules apply in 8th edition.

Those idiots.

Rudra34
12-06-2012, 14:00
I agree with the claim of, "these idiots." They are opening the door to a lot of needless arguments like, "your knights aren't immune to killing blow because without their horses they would be infantry."

The whole thing is annoying, since once of the best things about mounting a character is their supposed immunity to killing blow. But alas, it is no longer possible.