PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Instances of ASF

Vipoid
11-06-2012, 16:56
Is there any benefit of having multiple instances of ASF on the same model?

For example, let's say I have a vampire with quickblood (ASF), and I equip him with a great weapon. The ASF from quickblood would be cancelled out by the great weapon's ASL, so he'd strike at normal initiaitve in combat. But, if I gave him another instance of ASF from a different source (e.g. from a Corpse Cart's Vigour Mortis ability), would the Vampire then gain the benefit of ASF, or does ASL cancel all instances of ASF?

Wesser
11-06-2012, 17:16
Nope

Even if some effect like greatweapons cancel out ASF you still benefit from it (in that it cancels out ASL).

AntaresCD
11-06-2012, 17:54
You'll find that particular rule (in case you were trying to find it) in the BRB FAQ, second page:

"Page 66 – Special Rules, What Special Rules Does It Have
Change “[...]the effects of multiple special rules[...]” to
“[...]the effects of different special rules[...]”Add “However,
unless otherwise stated, a model gains no additional benefit
from having the same special rule multiple times.” to the end of
the first paragraph."

And ASF and ASL are not among the few Special Rules that are stated to give you benefit for multiples. The final result is that you can have ASF 10 times, but if you get a single ASL then you strike at initiative. The one notable exception is High Elves with greatweapons, but they have a special rule that ignores the greatweapon's ASL.

Danny76
14-06-2012, 16:15
Indeed it is as Antares says.
When they say the rule cancels out the other. It doesn't mean that you lose those rules, just their conditions don't apply.
You count as having both ASF and ASL still, just without its effects. So when you add another, it still hits the ASL.

theunwantedbeing
14-06-2012, 17:10
Multiple instances of a special rule don't do anything unless the special rule states that it does.

ie. extra attack
Multiple instances of it will each add +1 attack as it's rules say they will

ASF however doesn't allow that, so multiple instances of it will simply act as if it was a single instance.