PDA

View Full Version : VC 2200pts tourney list

rocdocta
12-06-2012, 02:09
This is my first go at using the new book. I have played VC since the beginning but have been busy so havent been up with the new meta. I am making it a ghoul theme. yeah i know wheres the ghoul king?! but i dont like the ghoul king concept.

The strengths i see:
lots of poison. where i am Ogres are big. Having been a long term ogre player this slightly annoys me as i was their champion before the new book but now they are strong they are popular. but i digress into petty almost rants.

Lots of resilience. High Toughness. lots of bodies in blocks. some may say better than regen or an armour save. hopefully my horrors will be hard to pop. my ogres are. now i have T5 regen undead ogres! if only they were space nazi pirates...awesome factor 11!

lots of attacks. love my ghouls. love ASF red fury!

2 terror lads for those low ld outrider units.

Weaknesses:
Moderate to low magic. having only 2 casters means that i cant roll for many spells. however it does mean that i am not risking many spells with too few dice and not getting a spell off. this way if i roll 7 for winds i can use 2 or at most 3 spells. if i meet a true CC list i may struggle to heal back lost lads. no scroll may hurt. should i drop 3 ghouls for a scroll? i think it may be a good idea.

Armour saves. what are they?! no armour in my units may be bad.

Only 2 standards. will hurt in the B&G mission.

Not many units for chaff drops.

no flyers. warmachines may cause me some angst. the gulfs should be able to deal with them but will be redirected. had considered a terrorgeist but cannons...cannons. altho they DO have a 6+ regen save! yay...

Anyway before i ramble on any longer...

Vampire Lord, lvl 3
ogre blade, armour o destiny, red fury, quickblood, fear incarnate
- in a ghoul unit

Wight King
Bsb, ench shield, talisman of preservation
- with vamp in ghoul unit

Necro, lvl 2
- in other ghoul unit

24 ghouls
- thinking about running 6 wide x4 deep or maybe 5x5. Are 2 less attacks worth the extra rank? if it negates stead fast i say yes.

23 ghouls

34 zombies, std, muso
- going horde formation...lol...nah going 5 wide x7 deep

1 spirit host
- redirector and causer of mayhem. or will just pop.

corpse cart
- trails in the middle of ghoul units ready for a chariot charge to support ghouls.

10 crypt horrors, ghast
- on a flank as they have the speed.

vargulf
- both on a flank to alpha strike a unit.

vargulf

Am going for a ghoul theme. yeah i know i should take a Ghoul king but i dont like the concept of a GK.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated for this tourney list. I am facing Dwarves tommorow night for a test run.

Spiv

Mostream
12-06-2012, 11:42
In personal experience Ghouls should be buffed to horde formation preferrably 40+ with characters. You could buff the zombie bus and get a zombie bunker trailing behind for your necro and the scroll if you make your ghoul unit 38.

Dual vargulfs are nice, but hence the lack of flyers I would suggest dropping one and getting some Vargheists.

Apart from that I think Its a solid list!

Moss
12-06-2012, 17:14
10 seems an odd number for crypt horrors. How did you plan on having them deployed?
If 5x2, I doubt that the whole frontage will be able to make attacks.
4x2 seems optimal (to me at least), but with 10 you'd have two guys in a third rank doing nothing. Plus, at 40 some-odd points per model, they seem a little expensive to preserve fighting ranks by taking extra models.

rocdocta
13-06-2012, 01:42
made some changes as a test

Ghoul King
red fury, +1 str sword, 2+ flaming ward
- in a ghoul unit

Necromancer lord, lvl 4
+1 channelling rod

Wight King
Bsb, 3d6 for ld tests
- with vamp in ghoul unit

Necro, lvl 2
Danse book
- in other ghoul unit

27 ghouls
- thinking about running 6 wide x4 deep or maybe 5x5. Are 2 less attacks worth the extra rank? if it negates stead fast i say yes.

27 zombies, std, muso
- going horde formation...lol...nah going 5 wide x7 deep

27 zombies, std, muso

27 zombies, std, muso

corpse cart
- trails in the middle of units ready for a chariot charge to support.

9 crypt horrors, ghast
- on a flank as they have the speed.

5 vargeist

vargulf

more offensive punch but less solid infantry. am worried that i am not able to replenish the vargeists quickly. greater magic ability. Helheart may hurt me badly with 3 casters. necromancer lord or GK as general? more standards will help in B&G.