PDA

View Full Version : wood elf 1000 point army

slirgy
12-06-2012, 06:25
okay this isn't a list as such but i need help making a 1000 point wood elf list to work with a high elf list which is something along the lines of prince on horse

level 3 mage

20 sea guard
16 spearmen

swordmasters/dragon princes

bolt thrower

i think it might change though now down to business i need you guys to think up a 1000 point wood elf list for me preferably with lots of bows but with the odd combat unit

thank you all

tmarichards
12-06-2012, 09:53
Noble with HoDA

Eagle BSB

2x8 Dryads

2 Eagles

Glade Guard

Done.

slirgy
12-06-2012, 11:05
questions
what is BSB?
How many glade guard?
Tactics for using this list? but thanks for it

tmarichards
12-06-2012, 11:34
BSB is the Battle Standard Bearer.

As for tactics, it's fairly classic Wood Elf play- you redirect something with an eagle, then move all the Glade Guard into short range and shoot it. Next turn, you do the same thing.

You should be able to get around 46 Glade Guard in- 3 units of 10 with musicians, and then 16 with a musician and flaming banner.

sugnathefeeble
12-06-2012, 12:20
I would go with:
Highborn alter w/ bow of loren and bodkins
Spellsinger lvl2 w/ stave (the one that let's you cast tree singer more then once)
3X10 glade gaurds w/ musicans
10 dryads w/ branch nymph
Eagle
Eagle

1000 points on the dot

sugnathefeeble
12-06-2012, 13:48
Use the alter as a cav killer 5 attacks hit on 2+ even at long range S3 but no armor save allowed

Use the spellsinger to move the forest to where you want them or if your opponent is silly enough to enter a forest use the damage part of the spell

Use the eagles to flank and takeout war machiens

Dryad are stedfast in the forest

Shoot with the glade gaurd

slirgy
12-06-2012, 15:03
ill probably take the second one because
A i have more of the units already i wont need to buy more except the eagles and i will use instead of bow of loren and bodkins helm of the hunt and annoyance of netlings light armour and great weapon 234 points,

sugnathefeeble
12-06-2012, 15:35
That highborn is too fighty there is no place for him but hey its your army just have fun

slirgy
12-06-2012, 17:38
i dont know i want some armour and that is more of an assassin than real fighty but i think i might use your list, your list is basically what i was going to use but with the changes to the lords and rare :D

Cptkillerx01
15-11-2012, 12:39
(
i dont know i want some armour and that is more of an assassin than real fighty but i think i might use your list, your list is basically what i was going to use but with the changes to the lords and rare :D)

i agree with the above lists however i prefer the good fighting abilities of the wood elves Eternal guard which people seem to frown on because of thier low armour save, but parrying spearmen that can become unbreakable with a cheap character i find quite useful especially against skaven, what i tend to use is a character noble or highborn, give him eternal kindred tool him up nice and proper as long as you give him the deepwood sphere and stick him in the woods, then either a treeman or a spellsinger ot move the woods more over the enemy unit when they get clse remembering to keep your character on the forest base, so at the start of the magic phase all enemy models in same wood as the bearer take a strangh 5 hit, as i said against skaven blocks the crumble fast, and your unit is unbreakable which makes for the hilarity of having the unit unbreakable so u can keep shifting the woods onto other enemy units, if not CHARGE THEM get the +1 for charging they are weapon skill 5 toughness 4 elves with spears nothing to simply sneeze at, either way every list is different i prefer a more combat based list which comprises of:

Eternal guard

Dryads

Wild riders of Kurnous (normally 1 unit of 10)

a eagle or 2 depending on the points
or waywatchers depending on points and list

couple of units of glade guard

and characters to suit the army as long as 1 of them goes with the eternal guard to make them unbreakable

this way u have a solid core, fast moving flankers and waywatchers or alter kindreds a quick way to get the surround on opposing units, remember we are wood elves your gonna need to use a few dirty tricks, i find that waywatchers make just as good war machine killers as eagles, half the time eagles dont ever make to to war machines i find which is why i included some cavalry and the waywatchers, because waywatchers can start pretty much next to it as long as the war machine cant see you because of their waywatcher rules, this really messes up your opponent, Especially tomb kings, but for that i always take the hunters talon alter kindred with bow of loren to snipe the liche priest works wonders trust me, but yes that is what i usually take either that, or i take lots of fast cavalry just running around enemy units so they cannot get the charge of line of sight each turn they just fall apart, empire lizardmen all sorts you can just laugh and run around their units all game shooting them and if u need to, flank charge as youll be strangh 4 with spears on the charge. its all just about taking what you feel is comfortable, everyone is different.

May Ariel shine upon your glade my friend.
:)

Mchagen
15-11-2012, 21:47
character noble or highborn, give him eternal kindred tool him up nice and proper as long as you give him the deepwood sphere and stick him in the woods

Deepwood sphere is an arcane item and cannot be taken by noble or highborn, only spellsingers/weavers.

Some friendly advice for posting. Proper grammar goes a long way to getting your point across. Reading what you have posted is difficult--which is mostly one continuous sentence. Use of periods, fewer commas, and sections to break up paragraphs helps in this regard.