PDA

View Full Version : Trial Tournament List DoC 2600pts

lisaundead
12-06-2012, 09:12
Hi all,

Ive been playing around with the idea of entering the Unseen Lerker Tempest Tournament later on in the year and i was given a copy of the Rules Pack by the TO to have a look at.
Now, Im trying to work out which army Im likely to take as the Rules pack has some specific rules and restrictions.
Im toying with the idea of a Daemons list and this is my first draft:

Restrictions:

Lords & Heroes (combined): 750pts max
Core: 750pts min
Special: 1000pts max
Rare: 500pts max

There are specific restrictions re duplicates (Specials and rare) and Daemonic gifts that cant be taken.
Anyhoo, this is my provisional list for your perusal and comments:

200 SKULLTAKER - Juggernaut of Khorne
190 HERALD OF KHORNE - BSB: Great Standard of Sundering, Armour of Khorne
160 HERALD OF TZEENTCH - Master of Sorcery (Life), Disc of Tzeentch.

390 BLOODLETTERS (30) - Full Command
156 CHAOS FURIES (13)

90 SCREAMERS OF TZEENTCH (3)
350 FLESH HOUNDS OF KHORNE (10)

210 BLOODCRUSHERS OF KHORNE (3) - Full Command (Free due to rules etc)
210 FLAMERS OF TZEENTCH (6)

2596 TOTAL

Plan:

Skulltaker rides with Bloodcrushers
Herald of khorne sits in one Bloodletter unit
2 HoT pootle about buffing letters
Furies and Screamers annoy on flanks and WM hunt
Hounds add some punch where needed.
Flamers cause some damage on a flank.

Magic wise....not too worried about not having a level 4 as the rules state that magic level of wizard is NOT added when casting, so i think 2 level 2s will be ok PLUS the Sundering Banner should add a little bit to my magic defence.

the weird number of furies is purely cos I had points left over and it was the only place I could squeeze them in due to limits etc.

I look forward to your comments and criticisms

thanks

lisaundead
12-06-2012, 16:01
This evening I will try to write a suitable Warriors of Chaos list using the same restrictions and criteria and then will try them out against a friend's LM and DEs to see which is best / more fun to play.

lisaundead
13-06-2012, 10:55
So the first draft of an alternative list for the Tournament using WoC is:

385 SORCEROR LORD (Lv4) - MoT, Disc, Charmed Shield, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Bloodcurdling Roar.
215 EXALTED HERO - MoT, BSB, Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Stream of Corruption

379 CHAOS WARRIORS (18) - MoT, Std, Mus, Halberds, Banner of Rage.
326 CHAOS WARRIORS (18) - MoT, Std, Mus, Shields.
30 WARHOUNDS (5)
30 WARHOUNDS (5)

355 CHOSEN (15) - MoT, FC, Halberds

250 CHAOS KNIGHTS (5) - MoT, Mus, Std
250 CHAOS KNIGHTS (5) - MoT, Mus, Std

205 HELLCANNON
150 WARSHRINE - MoT

2575 pts

So there is still 25 points to play with and the question is, whether the chosen are worthwhile within this list or would they be better dropped and replaced by marauders?

thanks for advice

Ellen Page
13-06-2012, 17:43
Core looks good. Two 30-strong Bloodletter blocks are always nice. How are you planning on forming them, by the way?

I'd recommend leaving the Herald of Tzeentchs on foot, and park them 3" behind each block. That way, the heralds would benefit from LoS rolls. If you're not planning on taking Spell Breakers, you could give them wings for some added mobility.

Also, no Fiends?

lisaundead
15-06-2012, 09:31
Core looks good. Two 30-strong Bloodletter blocks are always nice. How are you planning on forming them, by the way?

I'd recommend leaving the Herald of Tzeentchs on foot, and park them 3" behind each block. That way, the heralds would benefit from LoS rolls. If you're not planning on taking Spell Breakers, you could give them wings for some added mobility.

Also, no Fiends?

Thanks for comment Ellen.

The Bloodletters I would like to run horde but with only 30 in each unit due to restrictions, I may have to run 6 wide.
Interestting idea about foot heralds, I will definitely consider that.

Fiends??? Nah, cant stand Slaanesh!! lol...seriously, Im trying to keep to Khorne and tzeentch and Im not really taken by either Slaanesh or Nurgle Im afraid.
Plus Im already maxed out on rare with the 2 units I MUST take ;)

HalfBlood
16-06-2012, 19:11
Hi all,

Ive been playing around with the idea of entering the Unseen Lerker Tempest Tournament later on in the year and i was given a copy of the Rules Pack by the TO to have a look at.
Now, Im trying to work out which army Im likely to take as the Rules pack has some specific rules and restrictions.
Im toying with the idea of a Daemons list and this is my first draft:

Restrictions:

Lords & Heroes (combined): 750pts max
Core: 750pts min
Special: 1000pts max
Rare: 500pts max

There are specific restrictions re duplicates (Specials and rare) and Daemonic gifts that cant be taken.
Anyhoo, this is my provisional list for your perusal and comments:

200 SKULLTAKER - Juggernaut of Khorne

156 CHAOS FURIES (13)

2596 TOTAL

Plan:

Skulltaker rides with Bloodcrushers
Herald of khorne sits in one Bloodletter unit
2 HoT pootle about buffing letters
Furies and Screamers annoy on flanks and WM hunt
Hounds add some punch where needed.
Flamers cause some damage on a flank.

Magic wise....not too worried about not having a level 4 as the rules state that magic level of wizard is NOT added when casting, so i think 2 level 2s will be ok PLUS the Sundering Banner should add a little bit to my magic defence.

the weird number of furies is purely cos I had points left over and it was the only place I could squeeze them in due to limits etc.

I look forward to your comments and criticisms

thanks

I have been playing Khorne/Tz daemons at 2500 points for awhile here is my suggestions:

Heros:

-Drop the Juggernaught on Skulltaker, and throw skulltaker into a unit of bloodletters. (+50 pts)

-Your Herald of Khorne is set up perfectly, the bsb though could be adjusted to a more cheesy Great Icon of Despair, however you have light magic in this list so Icon of Sundering can be helpful.

-Drop Discs on both Tz heralds, maybe add in 2 spellbreakers. Daemons are one of the few armies that can take multipal spell scrolls I would take advantage of this. Also have the 2 HoT walk behind the bloodletter units because they only provide support magic and if things get rough they can always hide away in a unit. No point to spend points on a disc when it makes them look like a target.(+40)

-I suggest adding in another HoK with Armor of Khorne to give the other bloodletter unit hatred.

Core:
-1 Bloodletter unit should have Icon of Endless War
-Reduce Fury unit to about 5/6, or split the big fury unit into 2 units of 6 and remove the last fury. (+12)

Special:
-Drop Screamers they are bad :( (+180)
-I like Flesh hounds some people don't think they are worth their points. If so I would drop them down to 6(+140)

Rare:
You will find that your only viable choices are Flamers and Fiends. Crushers are just way expensive I always do this comparison. 3 Crushers cost the same as 6 Flamers. Test these units out and the flamers will make up their points the crushers will probably die by cannons in the first few turns.

-Change Crusher unit to another unit of 6 Flamers

Fiends are always great for chargeblocking/ warmachine hunting. Your furies do the same job and since you dont want any slaanesh then dont take them.

At the end I calculated your extra points with my changes. Sums of to a total of 422

With these points I would suggest adding in Either more Flesh hounds/Another HoK/Some Scrolls/Maybe even another block of Core (Horrors for a bunker for the HoT's).

Lists looks good otherwise GL

lisaundead
18-06-2012, 08:12
I have been playing Khorne/Tz daemons at 2500 points for awhile here is my suggestions:

Heros:

-Drop the Juggernaught on Skulltaker, and throw skulltaker into a unit of bloodletters. (+50 pts)

-Your Herald of Khorne is set up perfectly, the bsb though could be adjusted to a more cheesy Great Icon of Despair, however you have light magic in this list so Icon of Sundering can be helpful.

-Drop Discs on both Tz heralds, maybe add in 2 spellbreakers. Daemons are one of the few armies that can take multipal spell scrolls I would take advantage of this. Also have the 2 HoT walk behind the bloodletter units because they only provide support magic and if things get rough they can always hide away in a unit. No point to spend points on a disc when it makes them look like a target.(+40)

-I suggest adding in another HoK with Armor of Khorne to give the other bloodletter unit hatred.

Core:
-1 Bloodletter unit should have Icon of Endless War
-Reduce Fury unit to about 5/6, or split the big fury unit into 2 units of 6 and remove the last fury. (+12)

Special:
-Drop Screamers they are bad :( (+180)
-I like Flesh hounds some people don't think they are worth their points. If so I would drop them down to 6(+140)

Rare:
You will find that your only viable choices are Flamers and Fiends. Crushers are just way expensive I always do this comparison. 3 Crushers cost the same as 6 Flamers. Test these units out and the flamers will make up their points the crushers will probably die by cannons in the first few turns.

-Change Crusher unit to another unit of 6 Flamers

Fiends are always great for chargeblocking/ warmachine hunting. Your furies do the same job and since you dont want any slaanesh then dont take them.

At the end I calculated your extra points with my changes. Sums of to a total of 422

With these points I would suggest adding in Either more Flesh hounds/Another HoK/Some Scrolls/Maybe even another block of Core (Horrors for a bunker for the HoT's).

Lists looks good otherwise GL

Thanks for your advice Halfblood, I will try to answer each of your suggestions in turn:

-Skulltaker can easily be placed on foot in Bloodletter unit
-BSB annot be IOEW or Despair due to comp restrictions, therefore Sundering is only option.
-HoT Discs removed and Spellbreakers added and will walk behind units.
-Screamers were added for added Tzeentchness but could be removed
-I cant add anymore Flamers due to comp restrictions (no duplicate rare choices)
-Bloodcrushers, although not as good as other choices add cool factor plus get a free command upgrade due to comp rules.

I will post the revised list with changes and removals and any advice as to what to add will be greatly appreciated

lisaundead
18-06-2012, 08:23
revised list:

150 SKULLTAKER
165 HERALD OF TZEENTCH - Master of Sorcery (Life), Spellbreaker
165 HERALD OF TZEENTCH - Master of Sorcery (Life), Spellbreaker

2220 TOTAL

So that is the bare bones of the list with the things that pretty much MUST stay.
So, what can be added to make it a viable list to play, remembering that I cant take any more Flamers or Crushers and I only have 90 more points available within rare allocation.

Options:

Fiend (I know Slaanesh, but Im prepared to take)
Furies
More Flesh Hounds
Screamers
Another HoK

Any advice on how to take it to 2600pts will be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

vinny t
19-06-2012, 17:52
I disagree with the placement of Skulltaker. He doesn't add anything to the Bloodletter unit but more offensive output which they don't need. I say take him on a juggernaut and run him solo (or in a unit of they have cannons). that way you have another threat that is very survivable and can take out monsters, hunt smaller units, kill characters, and combo charge to prevent combat reforms. Using him on a juggernaut makes him MUCH more versatile.

Taking two wizards with Loremaster of the same lore is a pretty bad idea. You lose versatility in return for duplicate spells. I say run one wizard with Shadow or Light. I like one wizard with Light and one with Shadow but you seem pretty set on Life so you can go for that. My main problem with Life is aside from Flesh to Stone and occasionally Dwellers, I really don't care about any of the spells. Light on the other hand is just pure gold, with great buffs, good magic missiles, and a nice hex. Shadow is nice to make enemies hit Bloodletters on 5's or just throw Mindrazer on something.

I say throw in a unit of 4 Screamers. They're pretty poor and matchup dependent but they can have san excellent surprise factor. Also they take away shooting attacks away from your bloodletters which is always good.

Flesh hounds are an okay choice. Adding another unit of 5 could be beneficial.

Furies would be good for this army since you don't have any fiends.

If you decide to run Skulltaker solo I would add another Bloodcrushers to your unit to fill it out some more and make it a real threat.

So with 380 points left I would add a juggernaut to Skulltaker, add 5 furies, add 3 screamers, make the flesh hounds 2 units, 1 of 8, 1 of 5 and a bloodcrusher.