PDA

View Full Version : New to the Tournament World (Vs Tomb Kings and Vampires

Matthew French
12-06-2012, 14:13
I am in a small 14 person tournament in my area. We play 2000 points, and I have an Orc and Goblin Army. I don't have a great variety of models as of yet, but I am working on it. I have night goblins, fanatics, squig hoppers, squig herders, black orcs, orc boys, spider riders, goblin wolf chariot, doom divers, rock lobba, and spear chukka.

We are using the Badlands scenario book, which means for each game we will be rolling a random battle scenario. I am having lots of fun thus far, however, I have not done so well versus Tomb Kings and Vampires armies.

Does anyone have any general tips and hints for taking out a tomb king and vampire army?

NitrosOkay
12-06-2012, 22:59
Against Vampires do everything possible to shut down their magic phase and assassinate their characters. Nothing else is terribly important.

Maoriboy007
13-06-2012, 00:51
Yeah strangle the magic phase as much as possible, dispelling the one spell that your opponant really wants to get off (usually a raising or combat buff) hurts them a lot more than other armies.

Doommasters
13-06-2012, 02:37
Vampires

1) Shut down the important spells, raising and vanhels
2) Kill the general
3) Get into combat with units that cost points i.e. don't get stuck into a unit of zombies/skeletons as they give few VP's and take multiple turns to smash through