PDA

View Full Version : Challenge problem

monkey10120
12-06-2012, 23:09
If your hero is solo can he make a challenge against another unit with characters and rank and file models?

Mozzamanx
12-06-2012, 23:12
If there are 2 characters involved in a combat, there is always the option for a Challenge. It does not require them to be leading units.

In this case, either side could declare a challenge. If the loner challenges a Hero in the enemy regiment, your opponent must either:
- Accept and thus forfeit his units attacks
- Decline and forfeit his characters attacks

Note that you can only challenge Characters, not rank-and-file models. Just in case that was part of the question.

monkey10120
12-06-2012, 23:24
Alright I just wanted make sure they can. I wanna try holding off some units with my scar vet on a carnie. Not sure how well it will work but ill give it a shot.

LiddellHart
12-06-2012, 23:31
Note that the loner cannot refuse as he has no troops to hide behind.
Also: you don't challenge a specific character. If the loner issues a challenge, the opposing player can nominate any character or champion in the involved unit(s) to accept.

monkey10120
12-06-2012, 23:45
Note that the loner cannot refuse as he has no troops to hide behind.
Also: you don't challenge a specific character. If the loner issues a challenge, the opposing player can nominate any character or champion in the involved unit(s) to accept.

thats what I forgot to ask. My last game I had a solo old blood vs some tomb guard and a king and he challenged and I refused. But I wasn't sure what to do

Kayosiv
13-06-2012, 09:19
You are unable to refuse a challenge if you cannot exit combat (ie hide behind troops). Single models therefore cannot refuse challenges under normal circumstances.

Sarge.au
13-06-2012, 16:12
Something to note, if you have a character in a unit with a unit champion, you can decline the challenge with the unit champion and retain full attacks from your character.

Mercules
13-06-2012, 16:21
Something to note, if you have a character in a unit with a unit champion, you can decline the challenge with the unit champion and retain full attacks from your character.

You don't decline with a specific model. If the challenge is declined(no one steps forward) then the person who issued the challenge nominates one of the enemy characters to be sent to a non-fighting position. Your trick does not work please check Pg. 102 of the BRB for the rules.