PDA

View Full Version : Black Gobbo #64

Easy E
03-05-2006, 02:32
Speaking of free online stuff:

http://us.games-workshop.com/e-zine/issues/blackgobbo-64/default.htm

There's an actual campaign! That seems suspiciously like hobby related material. Sure it includes the TAU who are the newest release, but.... it's a campaign.

So we get a bit of a mixed bag here. Flavor of the month and hobby related articles mixed together to create some form of synergy. It's sad when the free online stuff is cooler than the pay material.

Avian
03-05-2006, 10:49
Well, two of those articles actually had content. Not too bad for free stuff...

MvS
03-05-2006, 11:29
GW US are turning out some great hobby stuff actually. Maybe because it's a new area of expansion and there's an emphasis on building the hobby still.

Or perhaps the guys employed at the top of GW US are still warhammer loving hobbyists before they are GW employees.

Easy E
03-05-2006, 22:36
If I recall correctly (From when I visited there many moons ago) they actually had 3- 4 people working on the online and U.S. WD stuff. From what I hear the WD in the UK has two people. (If I am wrong, could someone let me know) That could explain some of the differences between the US team and the UK team at the moment. In addition, the US WD guys use the UK WD as a template for their mag, again freeing up more time to develop other hobby related stuff for Black Gobbo. It touches on some of the things that MvS mentioned in his thread here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30662

Jedi152
04-05-2006, 08:49
The US side are normally at the forefront of modelling and stuff like that. Most of the modelling and convertion articles in the UK WD and on the UK site are from the US team.

Agamemnon2
04-05-2006, 10:16
I liked the terrain article, the use of a straw door mat to make a field was especially neat.

Jedi152
04-05-2006, 10:18
Unfortunately, you'd be surprised at how hard it is to find around here.

Patterned, no problem, but plain mats ...

big squig
05-05-2006, 12:24
Good Lord! Who painted those wood elves?:wtf:

Easy E
05-05-2006, 22:41
Good Lord! Who painted those wood elves?:wtf:

Which one? It says right under them who did what? I assume you meant the LoTR wood elves, because I didn't see any others to make a fuss about. Unless I missed them in the Giant gallery.

As for terrain, check out some of the previous issues. The Black Gobbo is at the forefront of doing Terrain articles for GW. Nothing in the dwarf really comes close.

Jedi152
06-05-2006, 00:11
It's not the painting that's bad. Those new LOTR elves are the fugliest models i've seen in a good long while!

tzeentchgiant
06-05-2006, 00:41
Seemed like an ok issue, once again no conversions, which is really what I read it for, ah well I'm not going to complain about something put together for nothing.

TG