PDA

View Full Version : wood elves 2500

EcoWarrior
14-06-2012, 21:19
I made a EG deathstar list a while ago and it didnt work out to well so i thought i'd change things around alot. Do you think this is a bad list if so what about it ?

Spellweaver
1 Spellweaver, (Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Longbow)
1 Wand of Wych Elm
1 Talisman of Preservation
1 The Lore of Life

Noble
1 Wood Elf Noble (Battle Standard Bearer), (Hand Weapon; Battle Standard Bearer)
1 Asyendi's Bane
1 Hail of Doom Arrow

Glade Guard
14 Glade Guard, (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Longbow)
1 Lord's Bowman (Hand Weapon; Longbow)
1 Banner of Eternal Flame
13 Glade Guard, (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Longbow)
10 Glade Guard, (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Longbow)
10 Glade Guard, (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Longbow)

Tree Kin
3 Tree Kin, (Causes Fear; Flammable; Scaly Skin; Stomp)
3 Tree Kin, (Causes Fear; Flammable; Scaly Skin; Stomp)

Warhawk Riders
3 Warhawk Riders, (Longbow; Spear; Flyer)

3 Warhawk Riders, (Longbow; Spear; Flyer)

Dryads
8 Dryads, (Causes Fear; Skirmishers)
8 Dryads, (Causes Fear; Skirmishers)

Treeman
1 Treeman, (Causes Terror; Flammable; Large Target; Scaly Skin; Stubborn; Thunder Stomp)
1 Treeman, (Causes Terror; Flammable; Large Target; Scaly Skin; Stubborn; Thunder Stomp)

Total Roster Cost: 2500 exacly

I have near to 50 long bow shots a turn all split into smaller units. BSB with the flaming banner unit for his HoDA and spellweaver with the x13 in 2x7 all of them with mus for reforms.
The idea with forest spirit is to have treekin or treeman tank with other 1 or 2 units supporting it. I have enough stomp to deal a decent amount of damage. I would say ill try and lure people out with the dryads but that is only going to work if people are stupid so i wont rely on that.
Lore of life to buff buff buff and possibly heal.
I know i need to make the enemy play on my terms because of how squishy my army is. So i could hold back a few turns and only move forward if i can building or tree cover with the forest spirits. I know not to run into thier fighting znes because the last thing i want is to get flanked or outnumberd.
The warhawk riders imo work alot better than eagles and can definatly take out WM's faster so they can get back to rear/flanking and/or jumping around units out of thier charge range and/or making units charge me to expose their flank and fleeing.

What do you guys think? Is this just a nice idea but it wont work in reality or do you think it has a chance ?

tmarichards
14-06-2012, 21:46
You don't really need the 4++ on the level 4, I'd drop it and get 3 more Glade Guard in.

cyberspite
14-06-2012, 23:23
I don't think it's a bad list at all, but don't get disheartened if you lose a few games, even the most 'optimal' wood elf lists are tricky simply because of the unforgiving nature of the army. Make a mistake and you usually pay for it. :D

But give it a bit of time and you'll soon learn how to make them work for you.