PDA

View Full Version : A shot in the darkness of tzeentch 2500pts

B-ROCK
15-06-2012, 07:22
Sorcerer Lord- MoT, Disc, enchanted shield, infernal puppet, talisman of preservation, third eye of tzeentch= 430

Exalted hero- Mot, Shield, BSB, disc, dragon helm, talisman of endurance= 210

Sorcerer- lvl 2, Mot, Disc, Dispel scroll, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Bloodcurdling Roar= 230

Warriors(25)- Mot, Full command, shield, Razor Standard =511

Warriors(25)- Mot, Full command, halberd, Blasted Standard =506

Marauders(45)- MoT, Musician, Standard, Shield, Light Armour =302

Dragon Ogres(4) Great Weapons =308

Total 2497

I am trying to break out of the mold of the lists I have been playing.

I am open to total comments and advise. please help me :)

EcoWarrior
15-06-2012, 14:22
very very nice list but drop the dragon ogres they are so bad. Third eye is mehhh... i mean look at your spells already they rule, you wont have enough powerdice to even think about using other spells, Also infernal puppet is not a need. That been said drop the sorc lvl 2. those 2 units and dropping the items will free up 578. The disk is personal preference, i'd rather stick my lord in a units behind the rest of my army (cheap marauders). Dont bother with shield light armor on marauders, just give them flails to strike at S5 first round of combat in a horde WS4 I4 will do alot of damage also tying a unit up in combat which is what marauders are for. That 5+save with the shields will be usless. Personally you dont need a champion in a unit that a hero is not in, waste of point for 1 attack; all you want them for is to accept challenges you dont want to with your heroes. Thats another 45 points you have to play with. For your halberd unit you dont need more than 20 imo. If you did drop all of that + 1 champion you would have 715 points.
Dropping all that and you still have the same combat abilities and magic abilities. Yoru army is slow at the moment all M4 and no chaff like warhounds making it very easy to run you in circles. Maybe think abouit adding warhounds/hellcannon/knights anything that will mix it up a bit

Morax
15-06-2012, 16:16
I think your sorcerer lord is a little too prone to cannons. Swaping the enchanted shield for the crimson armor of dargan will fix that. The last thing you want is 3 cannons shooting at him one turn and him failing an average number of saves and dieing. I'd also think about swaping the 3rd Eye to the sorcerer, as the lord should have loads of his own to play around with while the level 2 would only be losing access to the 2 spells he comes with and still have a +3 to cast anything the opponet has.

Moss
15-06-2012, 17:00
Does anyone actually field three cannons? I mean sure, maybe they do, but I'm not going to buld my lists with the thought in the back of my head that, "better not do THAT... just in case I'm up against three cannons." Besides, the lord is on a disc. I'm sure he has enough sense to not land in front of three cannons.

B-ROCK
15-06-2012, 18:46
I like the discs a lot. I will switch the third eye to the lvl 2. I want to use the infernal puppet because it can be so huge in some games. I usually run my lord in a unit but i am trying to come up with something new and fun.

byrothegyro
16-06-2012, 16:30
Infernal puppet is extra awesome when your hellcannon missfires and you get to change your miscasts to not so bads and their miscasts to uh oh! First game i didn't take the infernal puppet I was against VC and my hellcannon did this. There were 5 miscasts I could have changed.

B-ROCK
17-06-2012, 08:12
I like the puppet as not just a offensive item, but as a defensive one. I can help myself out so much. I love the look of the list, I just don't know if the blocks will really do what i want. I know the sword and board will hold, but will the halberd unit be offensive enough.

the new list is

Sorcerer Lord- MoT, Disc, enchanted shield, infernal puppet, talisman of preservation, = 405

Exalted hero- Mot, Shield, BSB, disc, dragon helm, talisman of endurance= 210

Sorcerer- lvl 2, Mot, Disc, Dispel scroll, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, third eye of tzeentch = 235

Warriors(25)- Mot, Full command, shield, Razor Standard =511

Warriors(25)- Mot, Full command, halberd, Blasted Standard =506

Marauders(45)- MoT, Musician, Standard, Shield, Light Armour =302

Dragon Ogres(4) Great Weapons =308

Total 2477

Morax
18-06-2012, 12:42
Does anyone actually field three cannons? I mean sure, maybe they do, but I'm not going to buld my lists with the thought in the back of my head that, "better not do THAT... just in case I'm up against three cannons." Besides, the lord is on a disc. I'm sure he has enough sense to not land in front of three cannons.

The question isn't if anyone actually fields 3 cannons (which many do in the form of 2 cannons and a stank or a cannon and 2 stanks), its weither or not 3 cannon shots are going to come his way during a game. Considering he is worth 500+ vicotry points and is your most offensive piece on the table, the answer to that I would say is a yes. He is the third largest repository of victory points in your army and only just behind first and second, but unlike the first two he has 3 wounds to get instead of 25. Any kind of investment that high needs to be adequately protected from the high level aggression your opponent is likely going to throw at him.

On a side note, I used the example of 3 cannons shooting at him because the odds favor the cannons there. I could very well have gone with one cannon as it has won me several tournaments against very competent players on the weight of a single cannon ball. I quite remember winning the last round of a tournament on turn one as I shot a Sorcerer Disc Lord with one cannon, hit him, had him fail his 3++ save and rolled a 4 for wounds. I played very caged up after that and my opponent just couldn't recover the lost victory points. I'm not saying this will happen every game, I am saying that it is a potentiallity that needs to be addressed and can be done qutie easily by selecting a single magical item. Another option would be to field a unit of 6 or so chaos knights and keeping the lord near by or in them to get a LoS save. You could also use the dragon ogres as a screen for a turn or two and hope they catch the odd cannon ball, it will make them a bigger target but ehh (also a unit of 6 chaos trolls would be better at this roll but meh).

Just something to think about.

EcoWarrior
18-06-2012, 12:56
your list is solid apart from those dragon ogres, what do you intend to do with 4 of them ?

Soundwave
18-06-2012, 14:27
Awesome army!The only couple of things i would maybe drop out for personal preference is the dragon ogres as yeah look great on paper and table but with previous xp they perform like dirt on most occasions(must be the unmarked forced to fight thing) and i would swap up the lvl2 wizard for the combat prowess of another exalted hero keep him on a disc and charge the trio into smaller units and pesky tight archer lines.Switch up either blasted standard or halberds i normally equip the banner of rage for two handed mot units or go for rapturous standard even standard of discipline bearing in mind with a sorcerer lord leading the army the over all ld is 8(weakness).With any change left over more chaos warriors or knights will not go astray.

B-ROCK
19-06-2012, 07:56
I have hammered out another list I like. See what yall thing.

Chaos Lord- MoT, Disc, enchanted shield, talisman of preservation, crown of command, Soporific musk= 335

Exalted hero- MoT, BSB, shield, Disc, Dragonhelm, Talisman of endurance= 210

Sorcerer- MoT, Disc, Dispel scroll, Golden eye of tzeentch, third eye of tzeentch= 235

Sorcerer- Mot, Disc, Charmed shield, opal amulet =180

Warriors(30)- MoT, Musician, Standard, blasted Standard, Shield=558

Warriors(24)- MoT, Musician, Standard, Banner of Rage, Halberds =457

Chaos knights(10)-MoT, Musician, Standard, Banner of Swiftness =445

Warhounds(5) =30

Warhounds(5) =30

Total= 2500

I got a really solid lord to lock down units. I got an ok Magic defense, I am hoping for one of the two to roll infernal gateway.
I have a really good block to hold the line and two good offensive blocks. The dogs are a trash drop.