PDA

View Full Version : Most Stupid Mistake You've Made in 40k

Novafix
15-06-2012, 14:11
So I was playing a tale of 4 gamers style event themed around the 4 Chaos Powers. Each of us chose 1 power and away we went. For months prior I was painting up my Emperor's Children Cult force, for weeks I carefully crafted my army list into as killy a force as I thought was able within the constraints of everything in multiples of 6. The battle started and I was paired with the nurgle player and I had the right flank.

The battle started well enough and I rolled on the 2nd turn for my reserves - my Greater Daemon failed to show but I got my Termies and Sorc Lord which I Deep Struck deep into the right flank to give him a headache whilst catapaulting his troops out of cover with the Lash. I decided that the termies would kill a Defiler that was right in front of them with it's ar$e in the air - they pretty much all missed. Luckily I had my Chaos Spawn charge it in close combat and it didn't die (somehow) so tied it up for a turn. My Termies were saved and the flank would soon be ours.

Third turn I roll for my reserves and my GD shows up and I decide that the right flank is going to become a serious problem for my opponents. Delighted I go to place him. I get asked where my champions are. I look with mounting horror at my army list while it dawns on me that I've made a glaring error. Seconds later I reached out for the only eligable model on the board....my Chaos Sorc.

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(r)n!

All that plotting, all that scouring the book for any advantage I could get and I'd totally and completely forgotton to take a Champ to pop my GD from. As it turns out me and my ally (mostly my ally) somehow clawed our way back from that and won although I don't know how.

Clarkson
15-06-2012, 14:20
the question still remains as to why you wasted 100pts on the Gd in the first place?

Novafix
15-06-2012, 14:22
the question still remains as to why you wasted 100pts on the Gd in the first place?

I've had a lot of success with those bad boys. I rate them highly. As it happens the GD in that game tore pretty much everything on the right flank to ribbons.

DEADMARSH
15-06-2012, 14:23
I once let a Librarian and nearly full Command Squad get cut down upon failing an initiative check after assault versus some Tyranids once. Does that count?

:)

Tymell
15-06-2012, 14:33
I once said, while rolling the dice in my hand and laughing with naive jovality, "As long as I don't get a double one-"

:p

vitch
15-06-2012, 14:39
I picked Tau.

Kijamon
15-06-2012, 14:41
Imagine a table with 5 objectives spaced out like the 5 on a dice. Your 2 (50 points) are worth less than your opponents 2 (100 points) and the middle is worth somewhere in between (75 points).

The game was going incredibly well, I had nearly tabled the fellow, I held one of mine and the middle. He tried drop podding on to my objective but I blew that up early doors, he tried driving his rhino on to the middle objective but I destroyed it. He however held one of my objectives and one of his.

I thought I could get him to run away but all my firing failed and I was out of assault range. I had sat my blood claws on my objective since turn 2 and not tried to head across to his. What a tactical error.

I had at least 35 models left on the board, he had 4. 2 on each objective. Ugh.

And he was one of those players that tries to bend the rules, I really wanted to put him in his place. He tried turning his dreadnought on my turn because I was about to melta it in the rear. "Oh I meant to have it facing this way". Now I'm a nice player, I like to let people away with most mistakes but turning your dreadnought on my turn so I shoot side armour after I just exposed my squad to a failed melta shot? I don't think so!

Gingerwerewolf
15-06-2012, 14:47
Well I was the Nurgle Player in the Ops first post and can assure the readers of its authenticity.

My "Most Stupid Mistake Made in 40k" would have to be with my Nurgle force again. Playing a 1.5 k force that was a kinda eggs in one basket force - notably 7 Bikers, MoN, 2 Plasma Guns, Champion with PF, led by my Lord with MoN, Daemon Weapon et al on a bike. This bad boy unit was over 1/3 of my entire 1500 points.

They Turbo-boosted down the right flank against my opponents Imperial Guard, who appropriately unloaded on them, but due to that 3+ Cover save did nothing. So overly confident I zoom them around the corner and angle for a likely target, a unit of 10 guardsmen out of cover, and I clumped my unit together so that I could get a maximum of models in on the charge. Having just looked at the Bike rules in the rulebook I saw that I could shoot my rapid fire weapons before charging due to the wonders of the relentless-ness of bikes. Overjoyed with enthusiasm I picked up my dice rolled and rerolled appropriately the misses and then onto wounds.

This slaughters the Imperial Guard squad. Every one dead. This of course left my bikes in the open, with no cover, and facing an entire Imperial Guard gunline.

They died very shortly afterwards.

In 1 turn. :cries:

All in all in that game, he lost 2 squads and suffered a immobilised result on a chimera. And the second squad only died because he blew up my blight drone.

xxRavenxx
15-06-2012, 14:58
I once put tyranids on the table.... never again.

Johnnya10
15-06-2012, 15:10
I once tried to take out Sterguard with Striking Scorpions. Was like a mouse trying to box a cat... :(

Dark Primus
15-06-2012, 15:18
I invested in WH40K. That was a big mistake, it has cost me a fortune. But I still enjoy playing it, purchasing more models constantly. :p:D

loveless
15-06-2012, 15:34
I picked Tau.

Looks like you lost that battle in the "Buy Models" phase.

Bunnahabhain
15-06-2012, 15:42
Selling off my 2nd ed stuff.

BooTMGSG
15-06-2012, 15:44
I once said, while rolling the dice in my hand and laughing with naive jovality, "As long as I don't get a double one-"

:p
Never tempt the die gods.

madden
15-06-2012, 16:37
Apoc game I had a untouched hellhammer lots of targets and forgot to fire the dŁ&@ thing it then dies to a lucius podded dread cost me the game. Sure it would have died any way but all those marines and termies out of there transports lumped to gether on and around the central objective just begging for a 7" ignor cover ap1 template and the demo cannon and flamers and las cannons and heavy stubber and auto cannon, major face palm on my part. In a normal game with my CSM I forgot I had summoned deamons and greater deamon in reserve but still won that one(very good dice on my part and bad for him).

ColShaw
15-06-2012, 17:16
I once skipped an entire shooting phase with my Imperial Guard. Skipping a phase, I can understand. But the SHOOTING phase with the IMPERIAL GUARD?!

Bad ColShaw.

Zaszz
15-06-2012, 17:28
I was in a kill points game, my last turn, the last turn of the game. I was up by 1 kill point. I knew all I had to do was say good game and shake his hand. For some reason I decided to play my turn. I failed a psyker test and lost my last wound on my hq...

I to this day regret my own inability to stop and think. I just see toys, and dice and start doing things... :(

Novafix
15-06-2012, 22:20
Selling off my 2nd ed stuff.

You should be ashamed sir. Ashamed.

Stonerhino
15-06-2012, 23:26
Selling my Squats and Eldar. Also selling and rebuying my SW and Khorn armies. (Not rebuying the same models but replacing the ones I sold).

Archangel_Ruined
15-06-2012, 23:55
Starting. I don't know how much it has cost, or how much time I'll never claw back, but once you're hooked... I can't remember a bad decision though (there must have been dozens when I was starting, but that was many moons ago). All of the bad decisions I remember were gambles that didn't pay off, and all of them would have been glorious victories but for a few dice rolls. I reason that all of these are balanced out by my more audacious victories, so swings and roundabouts. I've enjoyed it all anyway.

The bearded one
16-06-2012, 00:02
Firing with a single remaining tau fire warrior at the side of an enemy vehicle, that was standing immobilised on an objective.. instead of moving & running towards the empty objective nearby.

> doh! <

I actually scored a glancing hit on that vehicle :p Had I managed to wreck it, the last few kroot standing next to it could've taken that objective.

Monospot
16-06-2012, 00:19
In an Apoc game, forgettting that Ord weapons allow you to roll 2 dice and pick the high one for pen rolls. With a full Leman Russ company. AND a full Basilisk company. Doh.

Scary thing is, still ended up wiping the other side off the table.

Vepr
16-06-2012, 00:24
Buying the 5th edition Tyranid Codex...

artekfrost
16-06-2012, 02:53
letting a bystander convince me that my necron lord couldn't disembark for his immobilized combat barge and having his barge stay in combat with 6 fire warriors for 4 turns. managed to tie that 500 point game, but still haunted by the fact that 6 fire warriors held up almost half my points in close combat for multiple turns.

chromedog
16-06-2012, 03:56
Starting it. :D

It was fun at first, but then the slippery slope towards suckiness started and got steeper over time, until it became so steep, it rivalled a black-hole in suckiness (5th ed).
Now, not even light and hope and friendship can escape the suckiness.

stereynolds
16-06-2012, 12:06
Selling off all my eldar man MANY moons ago...And then starting Tau...Being stuck using my vanilla marines all of 5th (its become decidedly boring).

Oppressor
16-06-2012, 22:06
I think my worst one was buying a Deffdread because I love the model so much. Now I know I'll be starting an Ork army eventually.

khaosmarines
17-06-2012, 06:20
I may have sat on my brothers bivore ..........

Mr Zoat
17-06-2012, 06:49
Charging two fleeing Deffkoptas with three Jokaero. While they were on an objective surrounded by impassible terrain. They rallied, killed one for no losses and whiped out the squad.

Szalik
17-06-2012, 19:07
Starting 40k with the idea "one cheap army" then choosing Sisters of Battle.

Phunkmanyeman
18-06-2012, 03:25
Starting it. :D

It was fun at first, but then the slippery slope towards suckiness started and got steeper over time, until it became so steep, it rivalled a black-hole in suckiness (5th ed).
Now, not even light and hope and friendship can escape the suckiness.

this, loved second ed, third was OK, 4th & 5th were dull. Then GW had one price rise too many & made my mind up for me. Have since sold all my GW stuff off & am concentrating on games with solid mechanics like Spinespur, Helldorado, warmahordes Blood Bowl & pulp city.

stazba
18-06-2012, 07:15
Highschool 1995

weird kid next to me in German class leaving the country. Offers to sell me some game called warhammer 40K 2nd edition

He tells me he has
-Genestealer cult all painted
-Space Wolves all painted + rulebook
-Eldar mostly painted + rulebook
bunch of "cards"
rulebook

offer 39.99
add 20 more USD he wil though in his "epic" minis

My answer..."I'm saving up for sonic3 + knuckles. Go away."

Rick Blaine
18-06-2012, 07:28
I once took an all-infantry army to a tourney in 5th edition.

Carlosophy
18-06-2012, 08:32
*Deep Breath*

- My friend Dave using the Reinforcements strategy card to bring back a squad of Deathwing that got nailed by a full salvo Cyclone only to have them nailed again by the enemy squads' other Cyclone on full salvo.

- Dave teleporting his Librarian behind my Eldritch Storm knowing full well it blocked LoS..... which I then remove from play at my leisure, leaving his tooled up character staring down the barrels of my Dark Reaper squad. 3 Krak missiles later he was a big mess. That was the only time I ever beat him.

- My bro using his Demolisher Cannon 12" away from his own lines saying 'it will never scatter back this way....'

- Dave infiltrating his Vindicare Assassin behind a big cave only to have him dodge a blast and end up inside, where he forgot about him the whole entire game. I put on a good poker face that day.

- Danny losing Ragnar Blackmane after my lone Ravenwing biker killed one of his wolves in assault, he failed his morale check and I ran him down. Ragnar was my objective!

- Shoving my whole Eldar force onto the take and hold objective, handing by brother tape measure saying 'go on then, beat that' and having him produce a lone guardman from behind a rock I had neglected to notice and have him wander up to the centre of the objective, beating me. His poker face was good that day.

- 'It's only virus outbreak' says my brother.

TrojanWolf
18-06-2012, 08:49
It was a game with my Orks against Thousand Sons, in which I had Boss Snikrot and his Kommandos outflank in fairly early, then promptly forgot to charge them into combat. Naturally they were gunned down in the following shooting phase.

Other than that, I don't think I've made too many really bad mistakes.

Schismotive
18-06-2012, 08:59
My first mistake: playing black templars... but on a serious note, I played a game where I had bottom of the last turn, and was down 2 objectives. I pretty much got beat up by blood angels again, but wasn't quite out yet. I had two separate land speeders that I for some reason forgot to turbo boost to contest the two objectives in range in order to tie the game. Instead I just moved them towards his guys holding his back objective, doing nothing... I'm dumb

sgtspiff
18-06-2012, 10:43
Thinking that I would have time to paint a new army last summer. Still not finished.

TrangleC
18-06-2012, 11:06
I invested about 700 to 800 Euros in two different armies each in rapid succession and sold them off only months later because I had found out that I didn't like playing them.
I had bought a big Chaos Daemon army the same week the codex came out and after a few games found out that the special rules for deployment pissed me off so much that I didn't want to play it anymore. I then sold it, about half the models (including 15 Bloodcrushers) still shrink wrapped, for less than half the money I had spend.

It basically was the same with my Ork army. When the current codex came out, I sunk basically a whole month's paycheck into a huge army (about 150 normal Boyz, 2 or 3 Trukks, 30 Nobz, 10 Kommandoz, 2 Black Reach starter boxes, 20 Stormboyz, 10 Warbikers I painstakingly (WYSIWYG) converted to Biker Nobs with partially magnetized gear, 3 Battlewagons (also partially magnetized), 2 Deff Dreads, 6 Killa Kans, a bunch of HQ models and Characters and stuff like Buggies and Wartrakks I bought from Ebay. I also bought a lot of transport case foam inserts. Those alone cost more than I'd be willing to spend on a single 40k model order nowadays.
Other than with my Daemon army I actually unpacked and assembled all of that stuff (except the Space Marine components from the Black Reach boxes, which I gave away for free because Ebay and the 40k second hand market in general were flooded with that crap when the Ork codex came out).

Basically right after having glued all that together I lost my patience with actually playing that army. I hated how moving such many models and being forced to mind how I move them to avoid unnecessary losses from template fire made every game take twice as long as with my previous armies (Dark Eldar, CSM and a big bug heavy Tyranid army) and I hated the frustrated glances my opponents flashed me when it took me 10 to 15 minutes to move a single unit through a forest or something like that.
What makes it even worse is that for Ork standards, I didn't even play that many models. My prefered army list was 3 times 20 Boyz transported in those 3 Battlewagons, one 30 Boyz unit on foot, a few Koptas, one Deff Dread and varying HQ choices. Still, every 1750 points game felt and took as much time as a big Apocalypse battle. Disembarking 60 Boyz from their transports alone was a pain in the ass for somebody who was used to play small armies of a few expensive models, especially when you had to take at least half of them off the field again in your opponent's next shooting phase.

So I sold all of that stuff, including the foam inserts and the codex for less than 40% of what I had paid only a month or so earlier.

I should have kept both armies, even if I'd never played them again, but I didn't have the storage space and I wanted to use the money to buy another army that would suit my taste better.
Of course, when I'm at should have and could have, I should never have bought them in the first place. *sigh*

Str10_hurts
18-06-2012, 11:50
Starting my turn with a charge with my kroot... I do not want to talk about it further.

gutsmaka
18-06-2012, 12:24
first time I played against nids, tried to charge 4 spore mines with 10 blood letters <shudder> and then there were three

hawo0313
18-06-2012, 13:18
first game v new necrons put my powerfist in B2B with the necron lord lost more men to him than the lord

DeviantApostle
18-06-2012, 16:37
One thing you learn playing dice games is not to tempt fate. For example, if you have an Archon with a Shadow Field in a unit of Incubi and the unit takes a single Lascannon hit, don't do what I did and assigned that shot to the Archon. Your chance of rolling a 1 goes from 1/6 to 100%.

TrangleC
18-06-2012, 18:11
One thing you learn playing dice games is not to tempt fate. For example, if you have an Archon with a Shadow Field in a unit of Incubi and the unit takes a single Lascannon hit, don't do what I did and assigned that shot to the Archon. Your chance of rolling a 1 goes from 1/6 to 100%.
That is more of an Dark Eldar thing than a dice game thing. When I still played DE with the old codex in 4th edition, I pretty much always rolled a 1 on the first save with the shadow field.
Back then Dark Eldar were also infamous for not hitting anything with their lances. It took me till my 14th game with a lance heavy Dark Eldar army to actually destroy my first enemy vehicle, a Landspeeder.
I wasn't the only one who worked on that reputation. All the DE players in the area had tons of lance weapons and didn't hit **** with them. People in my club started joking that the DE codex is lying because Dark Eldar clearly and obviously don't have a ballistic skill of 4.

Gu Long: Ancient Dragon
18-06-2012, 18:39

I did this with a melta and Lysander, was not a good day :'(

Gu

Novafix
18-06-2012, 19:58
That is more of an Dark Eldar thing than a dice game thing. When I still played DE with the old codex in 4th edition, I pretty much always rolled a 1 on the first save with the shadow field.
Back then Dark Eldar were also infamous for not hitting anything with their lances. It took me till my 14th game with a lance heavy Dark Eldar army to actually destroy my first enemy vehicle, a Landspeeder.
I wasn't the only one who worked on that reputation. All the DE players in the area had tons of lance weapons and didn't hit **** with them. People in my club started joking that the DE codex is lying because Dark Eldar clearly and obviously don't have a ballistic skill of 4.

This is true of Bright Lances also - with or without Guide they cannot hit anything.

Casper Hawser
18-06-2012, 20:21
Ive only been playing a few years but ive forgotten rolling for red thirst about 40 to 50% of games with my Blood Angels since the new codex came out.

Most my mistakes come from trying to remember rules from the main rules and forgetting the rules from my codex so i'm dreading having to learn a main rule book again.

jifel
18-06-2012, 20:57
Against Tau and DE in a team tourney, my Nids and my buddies GK. We set up first and then watched them deploy all their vehicles out of cover, in the face of 3 psyflenaughts and 6 Hive Guard, all in range. I laughed to my partner, and said we d have the game as long as they didnt seize...

Once, my opponent set out his army on his table side, while I was setting up first. I looked at his models and deployed directly oppossite him, and he then put his whole force on the other side of the deployment zone and shot me to heck. So stupid...

I had a big Termie Squad next to a Land Raider in front of my army, so I charge 40 Hormagaunts into the Termies and a Trygon into the Land Raider. I decided it didnt matter which I did first, so I picked the Trygon assault, Land Raider explodes 6 full inches and hits over half of the Hormagaunts... Yowie...

My opponents Chaos Marines were circling a bunker of Tyranids in a KP game. He moved his raptors towards me, and I kindly advised him that he should go after the isolated gaunt brood. In a tournament. He won by one kp. If he had come towards me and I wasnt being nice, I would have charged them and wiped them out before they even hit back.

kalon
18-06-2012, 21:50
CC with The Nightbringer (last codex) I need a 2+ to take out 1, yes just 1, Grey Knight, I roll to hit and get 5 1s
Playing Space Marines against 'nids I kept overlooking my Dev squad, lord only knows why,
I constantly forget to roll for reserves and my usual opponent is a good mate and normally reminds me

Mephiston69
19-06-2012, 00:26
First few months of playing Blood Angels (After just starting 40k), I played armies composed entirely of Tactical squads with a 5 man assault squad and a 5 man jump pack Death Company squad, Kitted out to be over 240 points. My HQ alternated between a captain and Commander Tycho.
Man was I naive then :P

d6juggernaut
19-06-2012, 04:22
At my very first game ever, I was playing 3rd edition necrons and I forgot that the Nightbringer had an invulnerable save, and down he goes to a squad of fire dragons in a single turn.

Bob Hunk
19-06-2012, 09:55
Entirely forgetting about and skipping my Tau movement phase and moving straight on to shooting due to my glee at having the perfect large blast AP4 railgun shot lined up at a tightly packed unit of Stormtroopers in the open. :rolleyes: Ah well, at least I had my Jetpack moves. :shifty:

Sheena Easton
19-06-2012, 11:22
Forgetting the box containing my Fabulous Orks from To40K Painters (and all my other bits) when moving :(

In game would have been shooting my Lootaz and Shokk Attack Gun at a unit of Scouts that were in a position to assault the Mek when I could have assaulted them with my Nobz and put the gunz on Overwatch

Athlan na Dyr
19-06-2012, 12:13
Very early on (I think I would have been 11 or 12 at the time) I rules lawyered when playing a friendly with a friend. I am glad to say that since my balls dropped I have been forever ashamed of such an act and sternly resolved to never do so again.

unknown_lifeform
19-06-2012, 13:12
Picking Tau, Tyranids and battle company themed Dark Angels (not deathwing or ravenwing) as my 3 40k armies. I also played beastmen all through 7th WFB. I'm a masocist.

Cheeslord
19-06-2012, 13:53
In Apocalypse Ghazakull became seperated from the rest of the Orks and facing off against a Baneblade and 2 leeman russes. Since we hadn't yet used his Waaargh! we call it up so he can run up and smack up the tanks while having a 2++ save and EW to keep him alive. The rest of the boyz are holding objectives in the centre so won't gain much from it but I reckon its worth it just for the Ghazakull Smash power. We remember to call it. then we forget to run ghazakull, so he just sits there about 1" shy of assault range, wasting the entire Waaaargh!

Still won because we controlled the centre objectives, but I felt epically stupid.

Mark.

(edit); Like to this moment of fail:::

http://www.timelesslands.com/BattleReports/Batrep_APOC4.pdf

Commissar Merces
19-06-2012, 16:15
Forgetting my army at home.

Carlosophy
19-06-2012, 17:24
I find it quite disheartening when half the posts say their biggest mistake was playing as an army they thought was cool.

Bunnahabhain
19-06-2012, 17:34
I find it quite disheartening when half the posts say their biggest mistake was playing as an army they thought was cool.

Yes, that is disheartening. Doesn't it show so clearly how bad GW are are getting armies to play as they should in the background, or balancing them against each other so.

If balance was better, people would be able to pick an army they though was cool, and not then find out it's awful, virtually unplayable, and doesn't fit the background at all....

red_zebra_ve
19-06-2012, 18:36
Forgot a big squad of Orks bikers in the box, only to remember it when counting victory points! :cries:

brightblade
19-06-2012, 20:30
Gloating about how my ork bikers were about to smash into my mate's flank and thus massacre his guard. Mwah ha ha. Just the matter of the dangerous terrain checks as I burst out of this building. Vrooooom!

All dice came up a one.

Splat.

Look on my face was priceless apparently. My mistake was gloating. Still feel a shiver on dangerous terrain checks... :)

As my mate said. 'Dude. That is some seriously thick wallpaper.' :D

LinkinparkChaos
20-06-2012, 02:08
Sending my Daemon Prince at some Grey Knights...

Yeah... not one of my proudest moments

Kadris
20-06-2012, 02:22
Im torn between one of the first games i played i assaulted a dreadnaught with a 5 man tactical squad that did not have a power fist and the time i got so excited that my orks could assault that turn that i skipped the shooting and went to assault (normally not to bad, but i had 2 shokk attack guns and 3 looted wagons to fire).

Cheeslord
20-06-2012, 09:50
Sending my Daemon Prince at some Grey Knights...

Yeah... not one of my proudest moments

Well, you were playing either Daemons or CSM against the grey knights ... I wouldnt feel too bad. If you had not sent your daemon prince in, do you think things might have turned out differently?

Mark.

Hendarion
20-06-2012, 17:02
My most stupid mistake in 40k was to hope GW would start releasing balanced rules or codices.

ShadowCaptainKorvydae
20-06-2012, 17:49
I have had many mistakes but one a friend of mine had the misfortune of occuring was:

Doubles practice - Tau and SM vs Chaos and Nids (not legal i know but was just a practice)

A unit of Thunderhammer termies failed a combat to Zoanthorpes, ran off from the fight, then proceeded to continue to run from the board due to a wep destroyed rhino =p

yabbadabba
20-06-2012, 18:09
Joining Portent. My hope was to find a community of like minded people who loved the hobby, loved their hobby, and wanted to take it further. Instead .....

Aside from that both my best and worst thing was buying an extended Marine Battle Company - now almost 1/4 of a Chapter in size. I will never paint it all or play with it all but its somehow good to know I've got it all.

brightblade
20-06-2012, 19:42
Yabba Dabba, like minded people are here but the noisiest are the ones people like us would rather avoid.

By the way, I totally agree with your sigs. :) Especially the red one.

FarseerBeilTan
20-06-2012, 21:00
The most stupid mistake ive made in 40k.... is getting into 40k! Wallet is always empty now!

Only joking, the most stupid mistake ive made was hesitating with my Eldar Fire Dragons at a small tournament in Feb. Cost me the game

Pasquill
22-06-2012, 02:10
Choosing white as the main colour for my Eldar......

Kloud13
22-06-2012, 03:20
At a tournament in 3rd edition, About to start 6th turn, and I'm wondering why I feel like my Marines have been badly outnumbered all game. I look over and see my Terminators still sitting in Reserve......I had forgoten all about them and I had never attempted a reserve roll.

Edit: might have been early 4th edition.

angelofrage
22-06-2012, 09:28
Last night, I lost most of my troops (Deathleaper, tyranid warriors + prime, 2 squads of termagants and a chunk of genestealers) charging a necron deathstar of lychguard, 2 harbringers of the storm cryptecs, Trazyn, Zahndrekh and Obyron. Lost most via the 2d6 str 8 hits on each charging unit :(

3 0f 6
22-06-2012, 12:52
Buying 3000 points worth of Dark Eldar when they first came out........also buying my nids back in tail end of 4th edition, could have put the monwy to better us in another hobby.

dragonet111
22-06-2012, 14:43
Forget to attack with my Calidus assassin.......

Godeskian
22-06-2012, 17:33
Charging with Paladins to keep a threat off an objective while leaving Draigo on an objective. Unfortunately forgetting that Draigo can't hold objectives and the Paladins could have.

Garanaul the Black
22-06-2012, 21:58
Charging the Doom of Malan'tai with my Nurgle Demon Prince (Wings and Warp Time, BEFORE the FAQ) the first time I encountered it.
*rolls dice* I have to make HOW MANY invulnerable saves?! :eek:

G