PDA

View Full Version : Flying Rat Ninjas

underscore
17-06-2012, 13:18
I've decided to give my Skaven Assassin a Flying Carpet because... well... it amused me. Could also double up as a good wizard hunter, but that's kinda by-the-by. :)

Now, the rules for the carpet clearly say he can't join a unit so I was planning to deploy him either as a scout or sneaky infiltrator. Just so I know my options though - could I hide him in a unit if he leaves said unit as soon as he reveals himself? Part of me is amused with the idea of an insane, screaming assassin suddenly careering out of a crowd of clanrats midbattle as if shot out of a cannon. Actually doing it in a game seems... dubious though.

Mr_Rose
17-06-2012, 13:33
Do the assassin's hiding rules say that it has to join the unit hiding it once it's revealed? If they do then I'd say the combo is a bombo, even if he then immediately leaves.

underscore
17-06-2012, 14:41
Technically it says 'hidden in', not 'joined'. I dunno though, as fun as it sounds I think I'm just being a bit rules lawyery with the wording - it would make it a bit messy if you reveal him in combat but he can't then join the unit which is fighting, for example.

Wesser
17-06-2012, 15:34
The time-honoured rule:

If you yourself thinks its kinda fishy, then dont do it. Usually works:)

Liber
17-06-2012, 15:39
The time-honoured rule:

If you yourself thinks its kinda fishy, then dont do it. Usually works:)

But it would be so awesome.

Therefore I say yes.

T10
17-06-2012, 22:27
Do the assassin's hiding rules say that it has to join the unit hiding it once it's revealed? If they do then I'd say the combo is a bombo, even if he then immediately leaves.

From memory here: As far as I can tell, the way this works is that the hidden assassin is revealed to be a part of the unit he is hiding in, and does so by displacing another model in the unit.

I don't think there is room for advanced stuff like deploying a revealed assassin as a new unit. How would that work? Where would he be placed? What direction is he facing? I don't recall if tje skaven player can reveal the assassin "at any time", but if so then assassins are gonna wreak havoc with the charge phase if they can be deployed "anywhere"!

Sheena Easton
18-06-2012, 00:38
Now, the rules for the carpet clearly say he can't join a unit

You've answered your own question. The carpet says it can't join a unit therefore it can't join a unit. Which includes the point when he joins a unit by hiding in it.

Shame as it would be funny.

TheDungen
18-06-2012, 15:59
Rule of awesome, if you do it for the laughs and the shock and not to win then do it, otherwise dont.

T10
18-06-2012, 19:14
"I took Kairos Fateweaver and Teclis to lead my Ogre army just to see the look on your face! And they're both the General!"

Ok, its not on the same level. :) I guess my group is a bit more conservative.

Mr_Rose
18-06-2012, 21:13
Nono, it's "I took Kairos Fateweaver and gave him the Book of Hoeth just to… ah… oops, wasn't expecting your head to actually explode there, sorry."