PDA

View Full Version : Doom Diver

Goldenwolf
18-06-2012, 01:32
Gents,

My opponent yesterday said that the doomdiver hits the initial spot after rolling for drift, then gets to roll a 6 sided die to see how far it hits, and every unit between them gets hit. Is that correct? or is it just the final destination?

Any polite replies appreciated

Lorcryst
18-06-2012, 01:36
I'm afraid that's not the case ...

When you fire a Doom Diver, you select a spot, place the "flying counter" on that spot, then roll for deviation using the Scatter Die, and THEN you can "correct" your flight by D6 inches ... all that determining the final landing spot of the Doom Diver ...

So no, it's just the final destination, no straffing runs with Doom Divers :p

dementian
18-06-2012, 04:04
Hey Lorcryst,

You mentioned a flying counter, as I do not yet own a doom diver model my friends let me proxy, what size base is the flying counter?

Lorcryst
18-06-2012, 04:24
Whoa, err, well ... in the box you get the chassis, two gobs pulling the rope that fit on the included cavalry base, one gob with a hammer that fit on a standard 20mm base, one Doom Diver sitting and loading himself in the sling, and finally a "flying" Doom Diver on a "flying base" ... that last one is what I called the "flying counter" :p

The flying base is an old standard from GW, composed of a round base roughly 30mm across and a stem, either 40mm or 30mm long (you get two stems in the pack), so you can have two different heights for two different Doom Divers.

Hope this helps !

theunwantedbeing
18-06-2012, 05:04
My opponent yesterday said that the doomdiver hits the initial spot after rolling for drift, then gets to roll a 6 sided die to see how far it hits, and every unit between them gets hit. Is that correct? or is it just the final destination?

According to just the book it's everything the model passes over.

According to this FAQ (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1930217a_Orcs_&_Goblins_Version_1_1.pdf) just the things under the final spot.

Helpful isn't it?

You use the model as the template, which is the small flying base the model comes with.

Valaraukar
18-06-2012, 08:03
Although this does still mean you can potentially hit two units for instance if they are 1" apart as the flying base is just over 1" across.

T10
18-06-2012, 12:31
And if your opponent is not observing the 1" rule with regards to friendly units... Well, serves him right! :)

Artiee
18-06-2012, 12:46
As a clarifiation, (Lorcryst stated it correctly) The you "correct" the flight by D6 is just that. Its not a up to "Correction" (like in last edition). You correct it actually D6. Example, You are targeting single model (20mm base), You miss by 2". You roll your D6 and get a 6, you move 6" and you will miss agian.

Also this "correction" is optional. But once taken you have to do it.

Lorcryst
18-06-2012, 13:50
As a clarifiation, (Lorcryst stated it correctly) The you "correct" the flight by D6 is just that. Its not a up to "Correction" (like in last edition). You correct it actually D6. Example, You are targeting single model (20mm base), You miss by 2". You roll your D6 and get a 6, you move 6" and you will miss agian.

Also this "correction" is optional. But once taken you have to do it.

Ooooh yes, you're totally correct, I missed that bit ... still thought it was "up to D6 inches", but those two little words (up to) disappeared in 8th ed ... me brainz hurtz even more :(

Asensur
18-06-2012, 14:11
1.Put the Flying gobbo within line of sight and maximum/minimum distance

2.Scatter the flying gobbo.

3.Decide A or B

A) The Flying gobbo hits the units under its base now.

B) Move the flying gobbo 1D6" (not less) at the direction you choose, the units under it ending placement are affected.

Valaraukar
18-06-2012, 14:48
I don't have the wording in front of me, do you have to nominate direction first and then roll for the correction?

Artiee
18-06-2012, 16:57
No you don't