PDA

View Full Version : One use only RULES

doddy84
18-06-2012, 20:42
Hi im confused with the rules for one use only. If i try and cast a bound spell with this rule and it is dispelled is that the only chance i get or can i keep trying till its cast and thats the one use.

dhagi
18-06-2012, 20:57
You get one shot at using it. Consider the idea of a dispel scroll, and imagine that after you chant the incantation the parchment catches fire. "this item will self destruct in 15 seconds" sort of thing.
Granted if you and your opponent want to play it the other way, I'm all good with house rules. But as written, you get one shot.

doddy84
18-06-2012, 21:04
You get one shot at using it. Consider the idea of a dispel scroll, and imagine that after you chant the incantation the parchment catches fire. "this item will self destruct in 15 seconds" sort of thing.
Granted if you and your opponent want to play it the other way, I'm all good with house rules. But as written, you get one shot.

ok cool... i was looking at the storm of magic book and realy like the wood wakers wand. but its 200points and one use only. thats a lot of point for some think that can be dispelled and thats it... are these thinks worth taking

IcedCrow
18-06-2012, 21:09
Your opponent won't know you have that item. If you play it right, he'll use all of his dispel dice up on your spells.

Urgat
18-06-2012, 21:25
Yeah, you got to have him burn all his dispell dice before you use that kind of stuff.

pointyteeth
18-06-2012, 21:29
make sure if he's burned up all his dispel dice that he's also burned up his dispel scroll.

doddy84
18-06-2012, 21:30
Your opponent won't know you have that item. If you play it right, he'll use all of his dispel dice up on your spells.

I agree but you still need dice and cart use a wizzard level for it.... and on the wood wakers wand its cast on a 12 so you need a least 3 dice.

drear
18-06-2012, 21:34
12 is a really easy cast for SOM.

you already get so many dice, just save 3 or 4 dice frok the pile for the wand.

go for a big destructive spell, then a big summon, and make them panic out their dice, then just cast the wand on your last few dice.

Agoz
19-06-2012, 01:27
alternatively you can go for six dice irresistible force on one use bound items because either way your only using it once.

Khorneflakes
19-06-2012, 07:00
without any miscast troubles