PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of War - Dark Crusade Trailer.

Alex_H
03-05-2006, 10:19
I'm probably going to be moaned at, as I have already created a thread in the Games part of the forum, but this is 40K related.

But i felt that the 40K people would like to see it.... and see the C'Tan, and what to me looks like commander ShadowSun!

Well the link to the thread with the links to the movie is here..... (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34404)

Tulkas
03-05-2006, 10:29
You shouldn't be moaned at. It's a good thing you posted here or else I would have missed it for sure! I'll download it in the weekend and check it out.

DoomedDiceThrower
03-05-2006, 11:08
I think it's not shadowsun. I guess there are more than only one of this kind of suit.

In an article I've read they talked about individual hero customisation, which means you can upgrade your commander with special equipment.
F.e. if you look close at second 14, you can see a force commander standing in the background, and he has an Iron Halo.

Also, the single player campaign isn't linear. It's a map of the planet, divided into hexagons (I guess), and you have to conquer one hexagon after another.

I wonder what the Tau super unit will be. Necrons are obvious, but what could they take for Tau? A Manta is far too big, Skyray doesn't seem mighty enough.
Maybe one of those very big Kroot beasts. Not Krootox, the Forge World ones, that look like "Tyrannosaurus Duck". Or would it be a single group of Tau broadsides?

Gae'Mot
03-05-2006, 11:21
I wonder what the Tau super unit will be. Necrons are obvious, but what could they take for Tau? A Manta is far too big, Skyray doesn't seem mighty enough.
Maybe one of those very big Kroot beasts. Not Krootox, the Forge World ones, that look like "Tyrannosaurus Duck". Or would it be a single group of Tau broadsides?My guess: a forgeworld model anyway.
The knarloc are a possibility (but i still think they're too "weak" to be an uberunit, maybe they'll make up a squad of 3?).

Or maybe broadsides as super units? (that'd be pretty lame)

loco_smoko
03-05-2006, 11:29
Holy smokes,
That looks very, seriously cool.
Only one small thing that I noticed that was in winter assault but not this one, guardsmen.
Guard vs Tau or necron on DOW :D
Looking forward to this one, my wife ont he other hand.....................
A few more late nights of " just one more level, hon"

Cheers

Jerry

Tarquinn
03-05-2006, 11:35
Maybe one of those very big Kroot beasts. Not Krootox, the Forge World ones, that look like "Tyrannosaurus Duck". Or would it be a single group of Tau broadsides?
My guess would be a Tiger Shark.

Although this still might be a little bit too big.

Brimstone
03-05-2006, 12:05
I'm probably going to be moaned at, as I have already created a thread in the Games part of the forum,

Correct there is no need for a duplicate thread especially one that was aready suited to the forum you originally posted in.

Thread Closed.