PDA

View Full Version : Creating a new version of GorkaMorka (fan project)

malika
06-06-2005, 18:03
Okay...if this counts as an illegal advertisement, I am truly sorry and do not wish to break your rules, but I found this the best place to post about this.

We are trying to create a newer version of GorkaMorka, more fitting with the current edition of 40k (rules-wise), however for now we just want the project to take place in any Ork Empire, it will be Ork vs Ork battles, with all kinds of typical Orky goodies and all kinds of stuff. However we need some help with creating rules and all sorts of things. Does this sound interesting to you? Please join up here: http://s6.invisionfree.com/wargaming_rd/index.php?c=9

Sir_Turalyon
06-06-2005, 18:19
What exactly is wrong with old version of GorkaMorka - except lack of availiability?

malika
06-06-2005, 18:31
That! What is the reason why GW ditched GorkaMorka? ;)

We want GorkaMorka to be a little bit closer to 40k rules/stats wise

Sir_Turalyon
06-06-2005, 20:40
We want GorkaMorka to be a little bit closer to 40k rules/stats wise

You mean a lot of brutal close combat and firepower at cost of terrible inaccuracy and vunerable vehicles? What you say may be promising, but I'm afraid it may make games more one-dimensional. GorkaMorka was not contradicting current fluff or rules; it was set on backwater ork world where orks are naturaly less violent and more shooty to make more interesting seting.

Got me interested anyway :D. Going to check out.

malika
06-06-2005, 20:49
Well...we are letting the game take place in an Ork Empire...which is different than GorkaMorka to start with ;)

We want the stats etc to resemble more the 3rd and 4th edition styles, however the shooting bit should be altered a bit, I miss the days of the 2nd edition of shooting Orks.

But then again...we could definately use more people to help out with the rules because so far we've got:
-me, Malika...boy of wonder who just shouts out ideas without actual rules
-warlord grubnatz: rules creating person...

but we need more people because rgith now we are just getting stuck on the most stupid points :rolleyes:

Grom
06-06-2005, 22:34
iirc, the problem with the old 40k rules was that they were better suited to skirmish games than to mass-combat. Gorkamorka is a skirmish game, so they seem perfect for it!

malika
06-06-2005, 23:33
What about the rules from Kill Team? We are now planning on using those as a base

Lockjaw
07-06-2005, 03:22
gotta have grots, diggas and muties in it

Lady Bastet
07-06-2005, 05:41
I had an idea for the humble- Ork Shoota

The weapon in itself in inaccurate, however ignores certain to hit modifiers such as moving and firing. This along with other weapon options would allow players to choose between a 2nd edition Ork playing style and a 3rd edition playing style.

malika
07-06-2005, 12:53
gotta have grots, diggas and muties in it

We want the game to take place in an Ork Empire, so Diggas and Muties so far have a pretty unsure fate...but there was a topic on Ork Kultz once in the ASP board which might be something like Diggas :evilgrin:

Rabid Bunny 666
09-06-2005, 13:50
you can't do gorkamorka off angelis!

MUTIES!

and you need to remember one thing, malika, and it shall help you on your way

malika
09-06-2005, 13:59
We want to keep the option free to let players play this game where ever in the 40k universe they want (as long as there are enough Orks)

I am considering to do a part which will also take place on Angelis, perhaps some extra rules for Muties and all that.

If you want your battles to take palce on GorkaMorka, feel free to let them take place there, we want to give the player that kind of freedom to create his/her own storylines etc. (besides I needed an excuse to include Orks with looted Tau stuff :p )

Rabid Bunny 666
09-06-2005, 14:04
fair doos, but you MUST remember

theres only one difference 'tween gorkers and morkers

malika
09-06-2005, 14:07
lol :D

If you want to let the game take place on Angelis you could incoorporate that!In other territories you might have other variations, we want to incoorporate the Ork Clanz into this, so you got Bad Moonz, Blood Axes etc warbands :evilgrin:

Rabid Bunny 666
09-06-2005, 14:20
lootas
*dribbles*

malika
09-06-2005, 14:21
That too...and Mega Armour!!!

We want to incoorporate all the weirdnesses of Orks in it

warlordgrubnatz
18-06-2005, 17:51
we are basicaly creating a skirmish game based off gorkamorka, necro,mordheim, kill team etc then okifing it. everthing will reflect orkyness.

Forgotmytea
18-06-2005, 20:53
I am considering to do a part which will also take place on Angelis, perhaps some extra rules for Muties and all that.

Yes! We need Muties, Diggas and da Revolushan! Tags fer all! :D Sorry - any mention of Gorkamorka gets me hyper :). I must admit I don't really see what was wrong with the original rules, but if you're trying to bring Gorkamorka back into the limelight, I'm with you all the way :cool:.

Forgotmytea

malika
18-06-2005, 21:09
What we want to do is give players the freedom to play this game anywhere in the 40k universe they want. However there has been great enthousiasm about some sort of 'GorkaMorka pack' which we will probably add. However Im not too fond of the ideas some people have of Angelis turning into this place where all sort of ships crash and lots of Ork cities are built :eyebrows:

I want to keep GorkaMorka with the original storyline, but with updated rules and extra goodies and new thingies, nothing too extreme to the new fluff.

The furthest I would go is perhaps the exploration of the rumoured Necron thing in the Pyramids

Luke
31-08-2005, 14:13
i think gorkamorka is the perfect game, its rules set is perfect for its style of play. to change any aspect of it would ruin it. its slightly more in depth rules allow for great flexibility and adaptation. they ensure that the orks dont kill each other on turn 1 (which is what would happen if the ikill team or 40k rule were employed) and the current 40k vehicle rules are , lets face it, crap. the fun of gorkamorka came from the unpredictability and randomness generated by the various crash tables etc.

KingNic
06-09-2005, 01:39
The Gorkamorka base rules were pretty darn solid. Equipment wise and statline wise, it could do with a few updates (power klaws, WS4, BS2, mob size checks?) but it certainly doesn't need a rewrite.