PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdoms 2400 Comp Tournament list.

Gharnukk
20-06-2012, 10:37
Greetings. I have a Tournament coming up in a couple of months and I want to bring my Ogre Kingdoms.
This is the army that I have been most successful with in 8th edition. But I have only played friendly
games so far. But since this will be a tournament and probably some nasty armies I would love to bring a
competative/ powerful list. The comp score is divided into three groups.

0-5 pts A powerful army
5-15 pts A balanced army
15-20 pts A friendly army.

My list ends up at 6,9 points. So I will post it here and I hope that you guys can help me make it more nasty
and hopefully win this tournament and bring honour to the Great maw.

Slaughtermaster: Level 4 (Great maw).
- Fencers blades.
- Talisman of preservation.
- Dispel scroll.

Bruiser: BSB.
- Warrior bane.
- Heavy armour.
- Enchanted shield.
- Talisman of endurance.

12 Ogres.
- Ironfists.
- Bellower.
- Standard.

10 Ironguts (Characters goes here).
- Bellower.
- Standard (Banner of eternal flame)
- Lookout Gnoblar.

10 Gnoblars.

10 Gnoblars.

4 Mournfang cavalry.
- Ironfists.
- Heavy armour.
- Bellower.
- Standard.

4 Leadbelchers.

4 Leadbelchers.

Sabretusk.

Sabretusk.

Gorger.

Ironblaster.

Thats 2399 points. I think thats a pretty standard list. Things that I have dropped along the way and replaced is a Stonehorn and a Hellhart carrying Firebelly. The Stonehorn always got blown to pieces
giving easy victory points and the Hellhart was kind of a one time trick. As soon everyone knew what it
does the Firebelly became the nr 1 Target. Please let me know what you think.

dms505
20-06-2012, 16:38
I don't think I've seen anyone actually using a Gorger. Coming in later in the game isn't all that great regardless of how strong he is.

I would make the Belchers 2 units of 3, drop the Gorger and add in a few Scout/Swift or Scout/Stubborn Maneaters. But please be aware, my ideas are not from playing with the Ogres, it's from what I've seen work playing against them.

Everything else seems pretty standard.

Flydd
20-06-2012, 17:51
I would drop the Gorger and take another sabretusk, add bellowers to the leadbelchers and put the dragonhide banner on the Mournfangs. If you want to get better leadership drop the banner of eternal flame for the standard of discipline, however you may want to fit the firebelly in for flaming attacks in that case.

Gharnukk
20-06-2012, 21:31
Thanks for the replies :) I was thinking that the Gorger and Sabretusks would hunt some warmachines. Never used Gorgers before.
So I can drop it. And my biggest concern is the characters. Making the right mix of items is a pain in the a** ;)

Gharnukk
22-06-2012, 23:34
Managed to change the list. Fewer bodies but this gives me a comp score of 1,2.
This means a powerful army. What do you think? Can it work?

Slaughtermaster: Level 4 (Great maw).
- Fencers blades.
- Talisman of endurance.
- Earthing rod.

Bruiser: BSB.
- Warrior bane.
- Heavy armour.
- Enchanted shield.
- Crown of command.

Firebelly: Level 1 (Fire)
- Additional handweapon.
- Dispel scroll.
- Ironcurse icon.
- Seed of rebirth.

9 Ogres.
- Ironfists.
- Bellower.
- Standard.

9 Ironguts (Characters goes here).
- Bellower.
- Standard (Discipline)
- Lookout Gnoblar.

4 Mournfang cavalry.
- Ironfists.
- Heavy armour.
- Bellower.
- Standard (Dragonhide banner).

6 Leadbelchers: Bellower.

Sabretusk.

Sabretusk.

Sabretusk.

Ironblaster.

Ironblaster.

Gharnukk
24-06-2012, 14:35
If my math is correct this gives me 58 spare points. What should I do with them? Was thinking of two units
of 10 Gnoblars.

dms505
26-06-2012, 16:10
If my math is correct this gives me 58 spare points. What should I do with them? Was thinking of two units
of 10 Gnoblars.

That would probably be fine. You can always use a large number of units to force opponents setup to give away main block positions before dropping your own big blocks. Between those and the sabertusks you may force people into drop most of their armies before you even placed any real units.

Gharnukk
26-06-2012, 21:11
Yeah thats always good :) I got the suggestion on Ogrestronghold that I should take one unit of Gnoblars with trappers instead and deploy them in front of the Leadbelchers.