PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts Tournament -Lizardmen

MOMUS
20-06-2012, 12:24
Its an open tournament, one day event with little extra rules. No special characters, time limit on games, terrain is pre-set but scatters just before troop deployment.

Scar vet, L.A, Cold one, G.W, VotFFF

Scar vet, L.A, Cold one, G.W, Charmed shield

10 cohort skinks

10 skirmishers
10 skirmishers
11 skirmishers

7 camo skinks
7 camo skinks

3 terradons

2 salamanders

1 razordon

Im not 100% happy on the scar vet layout. Im not sure whether to keep the two units of camo skinks or have two units of terradons instead, I loose (consistent) damage output but gain movement, redirect ability and point denial.

Moss
20-06-2012, 15:06
You know what would make this list better? A JSoD. I miss those guys...

dms505
20-06-2012, 16:00
I'm not sure I see the point in having two Scarvets alone on mounts. You don't need great weapons if you have skinks. Anything that you need S7 to wound would be better off in a hale of darts.Are you trying for a run and gun build?

Looking at the rest of the list you are going to be trying your very best to not get into combat at all. You don't have any units that will be able to break any decent sized unit of 20+ of anything other than by shooting. Not that that's a bad idea. It's interesting and looks fun.

At 1000 pt I would assume smaller tables? 4x6? or 4x4? The terradons could be better or wore on a smaller table. Not sure there.

Were it me I'd drop one Vet, beef the other, drop cohorts and 1 unit of Chameleons and add a unit of 10 Saurus. Though if you'r trying to stay away from saurus and want to keep the theme you could add a bunch more cohorts or add even a single Krox to the cohorts.

MOMUS
20-06-2012, 18:25
I'm not sure I see the point in having two Scarvets alone on mounts. You don't need great weapons if you have skinks. Anything that you need S7 to wound would be better off in a hale of darts.Are you trying for a run and gun build?

Looking at the rest of the list you are going to be trying your very best to not get into combat at all. You don't have any units that will be able to break any decent sized unit of 20+ of anything other than by shooting. Not that that's a bad idea. It's interesting and looks fun.

At 1000 pt I would assume smaller tables? 4x6? or 4x4? The terradons could be better or wore on a smaller table. Not sure there.

Were it me I'd drop one Vet, beef the other, drop cohorts and 1 unit of Chameleons and add a unit of 10 Saurus. Though if you'r trying to stay away from saurus and want to keep the theme you could add a bunch more cohorts or add even a single Krox to the cohorts.

Yes, its an avoidance list. I wouldnt want to get into any 'block combats' the scarvets are to maily deal with remnants of units, armour targets and anything annoying which can out class my chaff.
I have doubled checked with the TO about table size, im pretty sure its 4X4.
I could drop a scar vet and make the other one decent at 150/160 mark this could allow me to take another min unit of terradons.

Moss
20-06-2012, 19:02
I could drop a scar vet and make the other one decent at 150/160 mark this could allow me to take another min unit of terradons.

Seems like a good move. Give him the rerollable 1+ AS / GW build and you don't have to be as selective about what you fight with him.

MOMUS
21-06-2012, 07:23
How about this?

Scar vet, cold one, LA, charmed shield, dawnstone, burning blade

10 cohort skinks

10 skirmishers
10 skirmishers
10 skirmishers

8 camo skinks
8 camo skinks

3 terradons
3 terradons

2 salamanders

1 razordon

dms505
22-06-2012, 13:47
I kinda wanna use the list myself but everyone plays much larger games. Looks fun.

Also just an assumption: People will hate you for that list haha.

MOMUS
22-06-2012, 14:00
I kinda wanna use the list myself but everyone plays much larger games. Looks fun.

Also just an assumption: People will hate you for that list haha.

Hate? Really?
I told a friend who is running daemons to take a tzeentch herald, 60+ bloodletters and two single nurgling bases :angel:

Im not sure why but at my local venue there is very little talk of comp, yet everyone is willing to throw down cash in competitive games/leagues (and they do get competitive). I would like people to agree on a comp system to use.

victorvictor6
22-06-2012, 19:45
In small games lore of fire is a very good lore to take because all direct damages spells and the lore attribute. So do not be surprised to see other armies with fire. The reason I say this is that you will need to kill the enemies wizard as a top priority .
Lore of fire and Ruby ring in any army list at 1000 points would be unpleasant.