PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Orc List

Beowulf3112
21-06-2012, 09:16
This is my first attempt at an Orc Army List. It's based on what I have (the gobbos from skull pass) + the models that I like in the orc army list.

Lords:

Black Orc Warboss- Wyvern, Basha's Axe of Stunty Smashin, Enchanted Shield - 375

Heroes:

Night Goblin Shaman- Dispel Scroll, Scepter of Stability - 90

Night Goblin Big Boss- Glittering Scales, Shield - 57

Core:

Night Goblin Regiment - 20 Night Goblins, Full Command, Spears, Netters - 135

Night Goblin Regiment - 20 Night Goblins, Full Command, Spears, Netters - 135

Night Goblin Regiment - 20 Night Goblins, Full Command, Short Bows - 90

Forest Goblin Spider Rider Regiment - 10 Spider Riders, Full Command - 160

Savage Orc Regiment- 10 Savage Orcs, Full Command, Shields, Big Stabbas - 135

Special:

Black Orc Regiment- 20 Black Orcs, Full Command, Shields, Razor Standard - 340

Savage Orc Board Boyz- 5 Boar Boyz, Full Command, Spears, Shields - 145

Troll - 35

Rare:
Arachnarok Spider - 290

Total Points: 1987

I'm new to Warhammer, so any advice is appreciated.

GiraffeCrab
21-06-2012, 10:02
That seems ok, i do not play O&G myself but the guys i play the most does and he is pretty good so from what I have seen is effective i would suggest. Make the goblin units 2 units of 30, and possibly (assuming you can afford the cost) that grotesquely expensive armour. It tends to preform rather well when its on a guy on a wyvern, although i have heard alot of people bash it, essentially 2d6 auto hits from impact and stomp + the d3 toughness for the rider seems to work rather well and the impact hits get the +1 str from the choppa rule which is also nice, either that or im just not equiped for killing it :P, maybe drop the troll if you need the points?

This is my suggestion assuming you don't want to buy anything else. As I said though I do not play O&G I have just fought them.

madival
21-06-2012, 18:15
What are 10 savage orcs gonna do ? Beef those goblin units out as 20 will die. I run 30 at the min and I feel light on them then.

calnen
21-06-2012, 20:23
As above. All the units are too small really. For goblin infantry, I'd go with at least 40 per unit, and with orcs no smaller than 25.

Beowulf3112
22-06-2012, 10:54
I've modified the list and dropped the savage orcs, making both units of goblin spearmen units of 40. Is 5 boar boyz enough to do anything, or would that unit need to be larger? And if that unit isn't big enough, what should I fill in the points from its absence with?

madival
22-06-2012, 13:42
I've modified the list and dropped the savage orcs, making both units of goblin spearmen units of 40. Is 5 boar boyz enough to do anything, or would that unit need to be larger? And if that unit isn't big enough, what should I fill in the points from its absence with?

Bolt throwers. At the cost, they are a bloody steal. I run 6. They kill monsters dead.

knightangel900
24-06-2012, 16:10
Bolt throwers. At the cost, they are a bloody steal. I run 6. They kill monsters dead.

I agree with Madival, you don't have many units that could take on monsters apart from the spider.

I would remove the savage orc boar boyz and add 4 spear chukkas in or add in 2 mangler squigs (if money is no concern) i've just read the rules for them, 2D6 S6 hit when they move through a unit (friend or foe) and if the enemy charges them they get 2D6 S6 hits + a further D6 S6 hits, all of the hits have the armour piercing rule (I think thats -4 to any armour saves) all for 65 points each.

I hope this helps you and good luck.

Juicy21
26-06-2012, 11:46
I play vs orcs and gobbos pretty often with my brets and those squiq hoppers and a doomdiver are pretty insane vs high armour units. There a pain in my ass. You should get them and be a pain in loads of people there asses.

Stained_Steel
26-06-2012, 12:11
ok, ill try to be nice as you are new, but your list, it just isnt good...
the waaghboss is ok, even thought a wyvvern on 2k pints is a bit expensive, you could change the sword for +2A sword as you already have S6...
a lvl 2 isnt enough, you NEED a lvl 4 or you get bashed by all enemy magic...
i do not know why you play that bigboss, make him a BSB or he is just worthless...
for goblins to do ANYTHING but just stand in the way, you need atleast 60.
if you play o&g you will find that you go big or you just dont go at all, so atleast 30 savages better 40, make them biguns for really nice killing, same for blackorcs.
boar boys are kinda worthless in 8th edition...
the troll is good chaff
and arachnarok is nice...