PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Warriors of Chaos new player list

PrivateLucky
21-06-2012, 22:10
Pretty much my strat would be to keep the hellcannons in the back or on the sides, the sorcerers, BSB, and the bodyguard of 10 MoT warriors in the middle tossing out spells through the +7 to cast Sorc Lord, and the Halberd Slaanesh Warriors stomping up the field or protecting the flanks. Pretty much I want to maximize the damage I can do in the magic and shooting phase while, most likely, be on the receiving end of charges. I added the MoS on warriors because somehow I can't pass psychology tests on rerolls and lost 3 entire units to terror checks from stegadons last game.

Sorcerer Lord 395pts
w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Lvl 4, Spell Familiar, Book of Ashur, Conjoined Homunculus

Chaos Sorcerer 135pts
w/ Skull of Katam

Chaos Sorcerer 155pts
w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Power Familiar, Dispel Scroll

Exalted Hero 204pts
w/ Battle Standard, Mark of Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation, Halberd

10 Warriors of Chaos 198pts
w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Shields, Musician

18 Warriors of Chaos 334pts
w/ Mark of Slannesh, Shields, Halberds, Musician, Standard Bearer

Hellcannon 205pts

Hellcannon 205pts

What do you think? I'm considering dropping the hell cannons for more warriors or warshrines with MoT as they haven't been performing well. How are warshrines? I am also considering dropping my MoS warriors to 15 each so I can add in some chaff units such as warhounds.

EDIT: Also do you think I would benefit more from a kill chaos lord with a 3+ ward save and a 1+ armor on a disc?

TheOneHawk
22-06-2012, 06:23
First off, list is illegal.

Cannot have multiple Arcane items on the same caster, you have 2 on your Sorc lord, and 2 on one of the Sorc's.

Second, too much magic. Way too much. 6 levels would be high for 2500, imo. One level four will do you fine, maybe keep one of the level 2's, drop at least one and get more troops

Third, no chaff. Warhounds and marauder horsemen are very useful in setting up charges and taking down war machines.

Fourth, you won't be receiving charges as often as you think with WoC. Most people would rather have another turn to shoot at us, because we're scary mother****ers in combat.

Fifth, not enough bodies. Big block of marauders for rank bonus/tarpitting will go nicely.

EcoWarrior
22-06-2012, 08:28
If you are new you wont mind me saying a rookie mistake is wasting alot of points on what looks like a nice character, keep them simple and have a plan for them, nothing more nothing less. I honestly allways like to take a dispel scroll so if you cant fit it on your level 4 take it on a level 1/2 sorc with no other equipment. Some people like putting sorcs on discs (i think its stupid because most of the time they are more open) Keep him in a units that is small enough to be mobile(with a musician) but not to small to get picked off easy of cheap infantry. The last thing you wanna do is get him tied up in combat.
When they say you need more bodies, try making your units 20+ especially when you have an anvil unit with shields, they generally need to be higher than your hammering units with halberds.
Imo take 2 hellcannons or take none, 1 is to easy to deal with; yes they are tough but i just think its easy to deal with 1.
Dont take shields on the unit with halberds, its a 2 handed weapon so in combat you can use either or. save the points.
With the bsb, i would keep him in a big unit with shields that you know most of your army will be around e.g. for flanking or general support/blocking so that they can benifit from the rerolls.
This is totally personal preference but i allways try to fit a flaming banner in my army somewere in a unit i know can take down the big stuff that has regen.
Just remember dont over do it on characters and make sure you have those small annoying units (chaff) such as warhounds, marauder horsemen to redirect people or if need be use as a shield so your main units dont get the full force of a magic spell or cannon ball.