PDA

View Full Version : 2,000 Empire list that needs improving

knightangel900
24-06-2012, 16:48
I need help in improving my Empire list.

Currently it stands at:

Lord
Wizard lord: Level 4, Van Horstmann's speculum, lore of light pts 240

Wizard lord: Level 3, channelling staff, lore of death pts 180

Hero
Battle wizard: Level 2, dispel scroll, dragon bane gem, lore of beasts pts 130

Battle wizard: Level 2, talisman of preservation, lore of life pts 145

Warrior priest: heavy armour, potion of speed, enchanted shield, sword of swift slaying pts 112

Core
40 Halberdiers: full command pts 270

10 Archers pts 70

10 Crossbowmen pts 90

10 Handgunners pts 90

Special
Mortar pts 100

Mortar pts 100

Mortar pts 100

Rare
Steam tank pts 250

Helblaster volly gun pts 120

This is what i had available at the time of creating the list. I welcome all feedback.

Lemonbrick
24-06-2012, 19:17
I think you have to much magic, even on a 12 dice phase I think you will struggle to cast with all the wizards. Also no Battle Standard bearer, with only ld8 and no re roll you will be easily swept aside by panic. A cheap captain would also help the halberdiers hang around. I would drop a wizard lord and a level 2 to make some free points.

5 of the stubborn knights are also handy your holding up stuff if you can scrounge the points I feel

Just my feeling

Lemonbrick

knightangel900
25-06-2012, 11:27
I think you have to much magic, even on a 12 dice phase I think you will struggle to cast with all the wizards. Also no Battle Standard bearer, with only ld8 and no re roll you will be easily swept aside by panic. A cheap captain would also help the halberdiers hang around. I would drop a wizard lord and a level 2 to make some free points.

5 of the stubborn knights are also handy your holding up stuff if you can scrounge the points I feel

Just my feeling

Lemonbrick

Thanks for the advice.

I've up dated my list and now have the following:

Lord
Wizard lord: Level 3, channelling staff, lore of death pts 180

Hero
Battle wizard: Level 2, talisman of preservation, lore of beasts pts 145

Warrior priest: heavy armour, potion of speed, enchanted shield, sword of swift slaying pts 112
(In with the halberdiers unit)

Captain of the empire: Full plate armour, battle standard pts 91

Core

10 Archers pts 70

10 Crossbowmen pts 90

10 Handgunners pts 90

Special
Mortar pts 100

Mortar pts 100

Mortar pts 100

5 reiksguard knights: Full command pts165

Rare
Steam tank pts 250

Helblaster volly gun pts 120

Total 1883

Anyone else with advice with what else I could include? Or should I add a luminark of Hysh to make up the rest of the points?

EcoWarrior
25-06-2012, 12:31
you dont need full command on the stubborn knights, get rid of the banner and the champion, you dont wanna lose more points than you have to, in the case that they will die you will lose the extra points for the champion +25 for standard. I know its not much but it all adds up especially in blood and glory. Death isnt as great as you think with empire, shadow works wonders with all the debuffs imo. All that artillery and no engineer ? You might want more than just 1 block of infantry e.g. the halberdiers for when you have to hold a building. If that unit gets tied up you havent got much else that will do the job. Value for points wise outriders beat handgunners but xbows have that extra 6" so that one is up to you. I've been told steam tanks only work with Lore of life because they lose wounds so easily and you need to keep them up; so if you wanna run the steamtank i'd run a life lvl 4 to try and get regrowth. With all those mortars having a hellblaster is kinda overkill on infantry, maybe swap something for a cannon for those big nasties you dont wanna face in combat or swap the hellblaster and another find another 30 points and get 2 steamtanks (dont quote me on the steamtanks i dont know how well they actually perform i never use them)?

Edit:
Also take the unit of 10 archers and have 2 units of 5 detachment archers with the halberdiers for chaff also i'd rather have my main wizard level 4 than have channeling staff. If your taking beasts your taking it for wildform so keep your wizard cheap and level 1 thats all you need. I'd get rid of that talisman off the wizard and give something to your bsb because he is more likley to see combat and you wanna keep him alive.

Lemonbrick
25-06-2012, 13:13
I'm with Eco Warrior on many of those points, at least 1 cannon instead of a mortar. splitting the archers allows you to ties up units for longer giving your artillery more firing time. similarly a engineer is always helpful for this many guns.
Regarding the items of the wizards I would give one a dispel scroll over their other items. A bit dull but always useful.

knightangel900
14-07-2012, 19:54
Thank you all for helping me. This is my army list after all of your suggestions:

Lord
Wizard lord: Level 4, lore of shadow pts 200

Arch lector: heavy armour, potion of speed, enchanted shield, sword of swift slaying pts 147

Hero
Battle wizard: Level 1, dispel scroll, lore of beasts pts 90

Captain of the empire: Full plate armour, talisman of preservation, battle standard pts 136

Master engineer: Hochland long rifle, light armour pts 86
(In with one of the mortars)

Master engineer: Hochland long rifle, light armour pts 86
(In with one of the mortars)

Core

Halberdier detachment 1: 5 archers pts 35
Halberdier detachment 2: 5 archers pts 35

20 swordsmen: full command pts 170
(Mainly used for taking control of the watch tower in that mission)

10 Crossbowmen pts 90

10 Handgunners pts 90

Special
Mortar pts 100

Mortar pts 100

Mortar pts 100

5 reiksguard knights: banner pts 145

Rare
Luminark of Hysh pts 120

Total 2000

Most units have banners to help improve my fortitude points in blood and glory. If you have any more advice, please let me know.

Juicy21
15-07-2012, 14:36
mm 1 small thing.. a lv 2 beast wizard will give you 1 more spell. and a better chance of casting.. if youre lucky to roll spell 3/4/6 that its really worth those 35 points. because al those spells are awsome.. + if you got spell 6 you can cast 6 dice on the transformation and if it goes al wrong its just a lv 2 blowing up with some halbediers.. no bigdeal... your mountain chimera is gonna eat everything..

lv 2 beast wizard is awsome i run one in every bretonnian list.. in my 50 men strong men at arms.. it never failed me so far tho