PDA

View Full Version : 2500pts Tzeentch Warriors

scubasteve04
25-06-2012, 00:26
Going for a very elite, mostly Tzeentch themed army.

Lords
Sorcerer Lord, Level 4 Heavens, Infernal Puppet, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield- 365pts

Core
17 Warriors, MoT, Shields, Musician, Standard of Discipline- 325pts
28 Warriors, MoT, Shields, Halberds, Musician, Banner of Rage- 549pts

Special
12 Knights, MoT, Musician, Blasted Standard- 570pts
Chaos Chariot, MoT- 140pts
Chaos Chariot, MoT- 140pts

Rare
Hellcannon- 205pts
Hellcannon- 205pts

EcoWarrior
25-06-2012, 09:29
looks pretty solid to me, the only thing i would say change is have atleast 20 in your anvil (shield) units and try and get 15-20 in your halberd units but have atleast 2 of them instead of 1 big unit. You will get more attacks from it and it stop them being such a big target.

Papawolf
26-06-2012, 10:00
looks pretty solid to me, the only thing i would say change is have atleast 20 in your anvil (shield) units and try and get 15-20 in your halberd units but have atleast 2 of them instead of 1 big unit. You will get more attacks from it and it stop them being such a big target.

I disagree with this, I would say that the halberd unit is an anvil unit, considering there are 2 chariots and a large unit of knights, there is enough hammers, with the above plan there would be 5 hammers and 1 anvil. The original list has 2 anvils and 3 hammers. you need bigger units to fight against your opponents bigger units, it is tought to get 2 units of 15 chaos warriors into combat with your opponents death star and they won't do any better than 1 unit of 28 especially as only one unit can have the banner of rage. I would much rather split up the knights into 2x6 or 3x6 and drop the chariots if you have the appropriate models. Or even better, drop a chariot, split the knights and take a warshrine. knights go out and hunt characters, warmachines and weaker units. chariot supports the smaller unit of warriors and the warshrine buffs the larger unit of warriors which can then hold there own against most things especially when opponents big units will be weakened by 2 hellcannons.

I think it is a fairly sound army list, could possibly do with a bsb but not the end of the world if you don't have one.