PDA

View Full Version : 3k Ogres First time

mike20
25-06-2012, 23:32
I have never played ogres before, so this is all new to me...here is my first list...any suggestions for improvements?...its generally meant to get to the enemy fast and give them too many targets to target.

Lord:

Slaughtermaster: (lvl4) fencer blades, earthing rod, glittering scaled, ironcurse icon, dragonbane gem. - 380

Hero:

Bruiser: BSB, Rune Maw, Deathcheater. HA, IF, look out gnob. - 223

Firebelly: scroll, potion of speed. - 152

Core:

Ironguts (15): full command, standard of discipline (all characters go here). - 680

Gnoblar (10): trappers. - 50

Special:

Leadbelcher (4): musician. - 182

Leadbelcher (4): musician. - 182

Mournfang (4): full command, dragonhide banner. IF, HA- 360

Maneaters (6): full command, gleaming pendant, 6x brace pistols. Poison, scout: 431

Sabretusk Pack (2). - 42

Sabretusk Pack (2). - 42

Sabretusk Pack (2). - 42

Sabretusk Pack (2). - 42

Sabretusk Pack (2). - 42

Sabretusk Pack (2). - 42

Total: 3002.

Flydd
27-06-2012, 10:10
Couple of things jump out on first glance:

1) Sabretusks - best used as redirectors and warmachine hunters are better a single models rather than in pairs.

2) Drop the champion on the Mournfang you don't really need the extra attack as most of the damage comes from the fangs rather than the ogres.

3) Try to fit in some ironblasters as they can kill things the rest of the army can struggle with.

4) The gnoblars are just going to slow you down, if you want to use them as a screen for the leadbelchers that is ok but that means that you are not getting to the enemy fast.