PDA

View Full Version : Walach and the Knights of the Blood Keep, vamps 2k

Papawolf
26-06-2012, 08:37
So After reading the entry about the blood knights in the vamps book I thought it would be cool to try and write a themed army based around blood knights.
It is fairly difficult as they are a rare choice and pretty expensive points-wise but I have given it a go.
It is not meant to be overly competative but I just wanted some thoughts on whether or not it would work and if this is the best way to do it and stick to a theme.

Walach
Vampire lord
lvl2 (probably stick to vamps lore)
red fury
barded steed
heavy armour, shield lance

Walach's protege
vampire
lvl2 (maybe shadow here buts vamps still a possibility for raising purposes and better chance of getting vanhels)
red fury
barded steed
heavy armour, shield lance

The honour guard units

5 blood knights
5 blood knights

Walach's merry band of knights

wight king
barded steed
lance, shield

9 black knights
lances, barding
fc
banner of barrows

Walach's hunting dogs

8 dire wolves
8 dire wolves
8 dire wolves

The Chaff

50 zombies
musician, standard

47 zombies
musician, standard

what do you think? does it stick to the fluff? would it win a single game?

thoughts and comments appreciated

jarbo
28-06-2012, 03:05
I like the idea, but with only 2 lv 2s upkeep is going to be a challenge. With only 2 units of 5 blood knights and a units of black knights its going to be very hard to break stead fast. I'd really like to see a magic wep or quickblood on the lord as well. Play a few games and see how you like it. I'd love to hear how it went!

Little Joe
28-06-2012, 03:54
Yes it has many knights, but Walach and gang only accept the best to their order. The rest of the heroes tried is just food, not even worthy of being a black knight.

A bit of rule abuse here:

The minimum core:

Walach's hunting dogs (To try and negate ranks and to protect the flanks of the knights. These should be the only VP yo give away in battle apart from an occasional hero.)

10 dire wolves
10 dire wolves

The gigantic road block of point denial (cheeky, but a larger unit supported by a few necromancers has a better chance of victory point denial)

110 zombies (15 wide to block a large part of the centre and for you to control the board with the knights)
musician, standard

Add two cairn wraiths at the corners to give terror to the entire unit and two necromancers behind it to resurrect, keep the cost at a bare minimum.

The knights of blood keep:

8 blood knights with full command

two heroes to buff the unit and raise them back

Walach (more powers and magic stuff)
Vampire lord
lvl2 (vampire lore)
red fury
barded steed
heavy armour, shield

Walach's protege (make him as good as you can with items)
battle standard bearer
vampire
lvl1 (vampire lore)
red fury
barded steed
heavy armour, shield

Boring, but win by killing more then you loose in units is the deal here. If you have points left get one unit of a few bat swarms to help your zombies or even a corpse cart.