PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts Empire list against DE & TK. Needs feedback.

Floskfinger
26-06-2012, 10:08
Hi!
First time a post an army list.

Ill be playing a 3k game this weekend together with VC, against DE and TK. We all have 1500pts each. Not sure what Ill be facing but I guess DE will have Black Guard, Corsairs, Hydra, Harpies and a small unit of Witchelves. TK will probably have a casket of souls, Tomb Guard and one of thoose big feline monsters.
My ally will most likely have a big unit of Ghouls, Grave Guards and a Mortis Engine. No idea about what characters.

So yesterday I put this list together. I allready have second thoughts about the Mechanical Steed (it would be fun to play it though since Ive never done so before). Plan was to give the engineer a chance to fight of Harpies trying to eat my crew.
Also the Griffon Banner... Is it worth its points?

Empire 1500pts

HEROES
Captain of the Empire
- BSB
- Full plate armor
- Additional hand weapon
- Griffon Banner
154pts

Master Engineer
- Repeater Handgun
- Mechanical steed
100pts

Warrior Priest
- Heavy armor
- Dragon helm
- Great Weapon
- Obsidian Amulet
109pts

CORE
40 Swordsmen, full command

- Detachment 15 Halberdiers

- Detachment 20 Militias

520pts

8 Inner Circle Knights, full command
- Banner of eternal flame (to kill enoying hydras)
240pts

SPECIAL
Great Cannon

120pts

RARE

x2 Helblaster Volley Gun

Celestial Hurricanum

370pts

TOTAL: 1497pts

Warrior priest joins Swordsmen.

Captain (BSB) joins Swordsmen.

Master Engineer Stands 3" from both Helblasters.

Floskfinger
26-06-2012, 20:15
As I get no feedback I take it that I made a perfect list. ;)

EcoWarrior
26-06-2012, 21:08
your first problem is your ally taking ghouls and mortis engine, both over priced and die fast.
why does your engineer have a mechanical steed? keep him cheap and naked
drop 1 hellblaster so your 1 engineer can focus on cannon+hellblaster, place them 6" apart but engineer in the middle 3" away and use that space for area denial. If you drop a hellblaster you can make that knight unit bigger because 8 wont do much or last long if the dice gods aint on your side.
I say this to every emprie player but scrap those 20 militia and take units of 5 archers for chaff or protecting you artillery in some way, what do you plan on doing with 15 halberdiers ? you will rarley get a flank charge if your opponent know how to position his units and you will hea dinto the front with the swordsmen.
Drop that griffon banner and give your bsb something that will make him last mroe than 1 turn in combat.

Floskfinger
26-06-2012, 21:47
Hmm, the Mortis Engine has acually performed ok during previous games... All though always ended with a bang.
Mechanical steed was meant to inflict some S4 impact hits on Harpies trying to eat my warmachines. But I should probably get rid off it. Not worth the points I guess.

Drop a helblaster and add some more knights. Got it!
I thought Archers had to be in units of 10+? Atleast according to the armybook. As for militias and halberdiers as detachments, I know I cant autoflank anymore but they could still do some damage to opposing units with all the priest buffs from the parent unit? Or will I be better off just having a block of swordmen without detachments?

Thanks for the reply :)

EcoWarrior
27-06-2012, 11:00
archers are only for units of 10 unless you take them in detachments you can have them in units of 5
what i would do with your infantry instead of trying to do lots of damage, with the points you drop the small units of 10 to 15 get archers and a helm of command for your warrior priest so you atleast are allways stubborn throughout your units.

Celestial Hurricanum - i love these things are you gonna have it by your knights or swordsmen ?

Floskfinger
27-06-2012, 11:21
Good stuff about the helm of command! Will definitly try fitting it in there.
Will get rid of the militias atleast and get archers for whatever points ive got left.

The chariot is meant to go with my swordsmen.

Floskfinger
27-06-2012, 12:10
So I changed it abit here there. Got rid off 1 helblaster, militias. For the spare points I added 1 more knight, another priest to join the knights and a 5 man archer detachment for the swordsmen.
Did not loose the griffon banner since Im not convinced it will suck. getting 6+ combat res instead of just 3+ has to count for something? Gave him a shield though.

HEROES
Captain of the Empire
- BSB
- Full plate armor
- Shield
- Griffon Banner
154pts

Master Engineer

65pts

Warrior Priest (joins swordmen)
- Heavy armor
- Dragon helm
- Great Weapon
- crown of command

114pts

Warrior Priest (65pts) (joins knights)
- Warhorse
- barding
- heavy armor
- Mace of helsturm
137pts

CORE
40 Swordsmen, full command

- Detachment 15 Halberdiers

- Detachment 5 Archers

354pts

9 Inner Circle Knights, full command
- Banner of eternal flame
265pts

SPECIAL
Great Cannon (120pts)

RARE
Helblaster Volley Gun (120pts)

Celestial Hurricanum (130pts) (charriot)

1475pts

EcoWarrior
27-06-2012, 13:00
This looks alot better, I'd say try out the banner and if you think its worth the points then great but if not change it because its not a chheap one to have, also with no ward save your bsb wont be to hard to kill in combat with rank and file attacks against him.

Floskfinger
27-06-2012, 13:11
Thanks alot for the feedback!

I question that popped into my head now is if its worth having banner of eternal flame on the knights. Since theyre now accompanied by a priest (soul fire!) it might be enough to kill the Hydra.

Think Ill try out the banner for this game. If it doesnt I wont be using it again :)

EcoWarrior
27-06-2012, 15:42
i would personally keep the banner on the knights because if i was you i'd be focusing my PD on something more worthwhile than the boundspell soulfire, I would consider writing in a wizard to the list sometime because you missing out on a really crucial phase without them. You might do without one in 1500 but do consider it. Shadow magic and empire work so well together.

Floskfinger
27-06-2012, 18:26
I have considered a wizard (lvl 1 or 2) but since Ill be playing together with VC I expect his necromancers/vampires taking a big share of the PD. So I figured Id stick to the bound spells since theyre usually alot cheaper.