PDA

View Full Version : Cheeky Slann vs Vampire with mortis engine.

Soundwave
27-06-2012, 12:57
Spectated a game the other day Lizardmen vs Vampires (golf wasnt on obviously) and the cheeky slann miscast and used cupped hands on the vampire general whom of course was near his stinky finger the mortis engine(12"in) so a debate ensued as to wether or not the vampire had to roll twice on the table as for being within 12 of the blasphemous tome attached to the mortis engine even though it was technically not his own miscast as all went swimmingly for the Slann. I had the pleasure of being dragged in as a moderator and said the vampire had to.Is this correct???

Glen_Savet
27-06-2012, 13:34
The rolling for the miscast table occurs after it has been passed to the opposing wizard (or not passed as the case may be). The vampire was within 12" of the tome when the miscast table was rolled on. I think you are correct, the vampire had to roll twice.

hamsterwheel
27-06-2012, 13:48
Q. When using Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, do you hand
over the miscast before or after determining the result of the Miscast
table? (p102)
A. After.

Just to clarify for the Cupped Hands, miscast results are rolled first and then passed. I don't own the VC book so I'm not sure how the two would interact.

Soundwave
27-06-2012, 13:56
Q. When using Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, do you hand
over the miscast before or after determining the result of the Miscast
table? (p102)
A. After.

Just to clarify for the Cupped Hands, miscast results are rolled first and then passed. I don't own the VC book so I'm not sure how the two would interact.
Ahhh so you dont just hand over the dice to your opponent?

T10
27-06-2012, 14:16
No, you may keep the actual dice. It's the miscast result that gets handed over.

Soundwave
27-06-2012, 14:25
Well that solves that! Stern words shall we have with the Slann next time hes in.