PDA

View Full Version : Empire 2500 all comers

nhkpr7
28-06-2012, 19:32
2500 pts for all comers. I designed it around two (relatively) hard hitting blocks, the Greatswords, and the Halberdiers, which will be stubborn, and the inner circle knights. They have 4 detachments of swordsmen between them, which will also be stubborn with Hold the Line tests and rerolls. They will be deployed in front of the halberds and Great Swords and their job will be to receive charges and hold 1 turn, so other stuff can charge in the flank. I chose death because I can single out models and hopefully gain some more power die. It will help get rid of some of the bigger things that the cannons miss if not characters themselves. Also the -3 leadership debuff would help with steadfast and stubborn enemies.
Selections:

+ Lords + (461pts)

* Battle Wizard Lord (275pts)
Lore of Death, Wizard Level 4

AB - Van Horstmann's Speculum, BRB - Power Scroll

* General of the Empire (186pts)

Great Weapon
* Magic Items
AB - Armour of Meteoric Iron, BRB - Crown of Command

+ Heroes + (286pts)

* Captain of the Empire (103pts)
Battle Standard Bearer, Full Plate Armour, Shield
BRB - Dragonhelm

* Master Engineer (65pts)

* Warrior Priest (118pts)
Heavy Armour
* Magic Items
AB - Ring of Volans, BRB - Enchanted Shield
* Warhorse
Barding

+ Core + (794pts)

10x Archers

5x Archers (Detachment (AB-30)

5x Archers (Detachment (AB-30)

34x Halberdiers, (434pts)
Champion,Standard Bearer
* Swordsmen
15x Swordsmen (Detachment (AB-30))
* Swordsmen

7x Knightly Orders Inner Circle (220pts)
Champion, Lance and Shield, Musician
* Standard Bearer
BRB - Standard of Discipline

+ Special + (824pts)

* Great Cannon (120pts)

* Great Cannon (120pts)

* 29x Greatswords(584pts)
Champion,
* Standard Bearer
BRB - War Banner
* Swordsmen
* Swordsmen

+ Rare + (130pts)

* Celestial Hurricanum (130pts)

Thanks for any help

mike20
28-06-2012, 23:22
all of your blocks are rather small. fi you really want them to be hard hitting then the swords should be 40* and the halbers about 50* strong. i would drop some sword to accomplish this. 35 halberds wont beat much, even in the flank, and 30 GS fall really quickly, as they will be a shooting priority. Also, if you plan to use the knights as a mainline combat unit, then they should number at least 12. cav just dont have the same effect in 8th.

10x Archers

49x Halberdiers, full command
- 5x archer
- 5x archer

11x IC knights- full command, steel standard

39x Greatswords- full command, flaming banner
- 5 archer
- 5 archer

this will give you redirecting ability, and if u wanna hold, just put your archers in a congo line. this gives you 3 MUCH stronger units, that might actually win some fights. and your banner choices could be better IMO.

cheers

Jezbot
29-06-2012, 05:46
Yeah, I would drop two of the swordsmen detachments, and with those points I'd bump up the halberdiers and greatswords. The knights are also an odd size, as they're bigger than they need to be to hunt war machines and play a nuisance role, but not bigger enough to last very long against a serious enemy unit - maybe consider dropping them to 5 and drop the std and champion, and use those points to bump up the combat units above even further, or take some of the point from the above to bump these guys up to 12 strong, so they might be a really imposing threat.