PDA

View Full Version : 1k Beastmen getting started...

Keeper
29-06-2012, 09:32
Hey guys,

I am going to start a new army project this summer with beastmen. I decided to start off with a 1000 points list to get a feeling for the new army and to be able to play as soon as possible :D

Beastlord

General

Heavy armor, shield, gnarled hide, ramhorn helm, sword of battle;

Bray Shaman

lvl 1 Beasts;

Bray Shaman

lvl 2 Beasts;

Gorherd

48 Gors, additional hand weapon, full command;

Ungor Raiders

6 Ungor Raiders;

Ungor Raiders

6 Ungor Raiders;

Tuskgor chariot

Razorgor

makes up exactly 1000 points

The plan is to boost the big block of gors with wyssans, the ungors are trying to redirect the enemy units and the chariot and the razorgor act either as chaff- or warmachine hunters or flanking support for the main gor unit.

Comments and critique highly appreciated :)

Memnos
29-06-2012, 09:36
Pretty standard stuff - Giant block with character, couple of wizards spamming the level one augment on it.

Try it out. It's a bit of an all or nothing proposition, but those giant hordes are what a lot of people want in this edition. I suspect you'll want a couple of more Razorgor once you realize just how awesome they are.

Keeper
29-06-2012, 14:58
I was actually thinking about spliting the big gor unit into two smaller ones and maybe add some more gors to have two units of 30, would that be a good idea or should I stay with the big horde?

meowser
29-06-2012, 17:17
I think that gor herd is too OOT for this pts level. Also consider a L3 gbs and bsb instead of current setup. Maybe drop 20the gor, chariot, raiders for ~20 bestigor with std of disc