PDA

View Full Version : 500 point tau army

Shadowneji
29-06-2012, 17:25
I'm new to warhammer and starting a tau army I'm woundering what you guys would suggest for a 500 point tau army ?

Deakor
29-06-2012, 21:48
Hey there!

You will probably have more luck getting some build suggestions if you take a look in the tactics subforums (which include an entire section for army lists). I don't know anything about Tau aside from the fact that their book is older and may be in the pipeline for an update in the next 12-18 months.

You can also try just doing a general Google search for Tau list-building advice and I imagine you'd turn up some good options and ideas.

Aryllon
29-06-2012, 22:03
As above, but I'd suggest building it around units which are likely to remain in their current format when the next Codex lands, rather than what's best now. Plus you never know what awesome models might be released.

Fire Warriors are looking great with the new rapid fire + move rule, and should be the core of the army at present.
I'd build two squads of 10 then a unit of Kroot. Beyond that, and especially in terms of HQ, there's so much which can change (either in terms of rules or kits) that I'd be afraid to advise anything which might be duff within the year.